2021 Coyotes Roster Discussion Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Good deal. He’s grown on me this season because he has grown his puck moving skills. He should be seen as a solid regular in the lineup now, at the No. 6 hole at least. Interesting chemistry with OEL as well.

1.35 cap hit is a smidge high IMO (were other teams going to sign him?) but whatever. Small potatoes.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Good deal. He’s grown on me this season because he has grown his puck moving skills. He should be seen as a solid regular in the lineup now, at the No. 6 hole at least. Interesting chemistry with OEL as well.

1.35 cap hit is a smidge high IMO (were other teams going to sign him?) but whatever. Small potatoes.
Hes a UFA and the only other guy signed who we would then have to expose to expansion draft is Chychrun. Id pay an extra $200K to avoid that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hes a UFA and the only other guy signed who we would then have to expose to expansion draft is Chychrun. Id pay an extra $200K to avoid that.
It’s not impossible that Seattle take Lyubushkin, to be honest. I assume we’ll add more crap to expose so we can hide our better pieces. I’m more worried about losing Johan Larsson or Tyler Pitlick, but you never know.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think the likelihood of DeBrusk becoming a consistent 50+ point player is slim. If he can't do it in Boston, sheltered behind that top line I don't see him doing it elsewhere. He's also had some chances on the top line when there have been injuries and didn't produce. Sure I'd like him on our 3rd line but not as a main chip in an OEL trade.

Lauzon seems more like a complementary player. Although it's been hard to get a read on the Bruins D this year with so many injuries... In previous seasons he was occasionally scratched. I'd be surprised if he's made a jump from 6/7D to top pairing in one season. I want something better for OEL. At least toss in a 1st.

I like Risto, but not if he walks. It isn't an issue of keeping Kuemper or not, it's that I don't like the return. I want something for the future or keep him. Not good asset management acquiring a potential UFA who could walk. Or we could sign the following off-season.

That roster is tough, but who is going to score? Domi is a gamble. DeBrusk is a gamble. The D is all shut down guys except for Chychrun. I'd keep Keller and his 60 point pace over Domi who seems to be a head case. Loved him here but he's been on 3 teams already, and his production might be the most inconsistent I can remember. Need more scoring production not less.
You’re asking who’s going to make up the 15pts from Domi’s 45 to Keller’s 60? I think we’ll figure it out. Maybe Foudy or maybe DeBrusk. Either way, it’ll be fine.

As for Lauzon, I’d rather have him than any 1st rounder in this draft outside of the top 15. Probably top 12. Maybe top 10. It’s not a good draft and the best players in our system, our core, our hope for the future is already in the NHL. Picking some kid who will be ready to contribute meaningfully in four years if we’re really lucky doesn’t help much. f*** draft picks. I wasn’t young players and prospects.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It’s not impossible that Seattle take Lyubushkin, to be honest. I assume we’ll add more crap to expose so we can hide our better pieces. I’m more worried about losing Johan Larsson or Tyler Pitlick, but you never know.
He’s actually been pretty good this season overall. He’s improved his skating dramatically. Im not worried about losing Larsson or Pitlick. They can only take 1.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

May 13, 2004
Man. All that insinuation from Morgan that BA seems to want to build in UFA makes me really hope we see some Day 1 signings that help this blueline along. I'd like to build an identity a bit, too. I would be very, very happy if we somehow managed to pick up BOTH Adam Larsson AND Jamie Oleksiak. Just hop on those two guys. The minute the window opens have BA on the line with Larsson's rep, and make him feel special as our first phone call. Then have our AGM and staff on the line with Oleksiak simultaneously. Have BA jump on right after. Make these unsung types feel special on Day One when other teams are focused on the whales. If we can end up with Adam Larsson on one pair, Jamie Oleksiak on another, and Ilya Lyubuskin on the 3rd, then we've got a hell of start on building a tough to play against identity. Maybe bring back Goligoski, too?

Chychrun-Larsson
OEL-Lyubushkin
Oleksiak-Goligoski

^so sick.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

rt

May 13, 2004
Man. All that insinuation from Morgan that BA seems to want to build in UFA makes me really hope we see some Day 1 signings that help this blueline along. I'd like to build an identity a bit, too. I would be very, very happy if we somehow managed to pick up BOTH Adam Larsson AND Jamie Oleksiak. Just hop on those two guys. The minute the window opens have BA on the line with Larsson's rep, and make him feel special as our first phone call. Then have our AGM and staff on the line with Oleksiak simultaneously. Have BA jump on right after. Make these unsung types feel special on Day One when other teams are focused on the whales. If we can end up with Adam Larsson on one pair, Jamie Oleksiak on another, and Ilya Lyubuskin on the 3rd, then we've got a hell of start on building a tough to play against identity. Maybe bring back Goligoski, too?

Chychrun-Larsson
OEL-Lyubushkin
Oleksiak-Goligoski

^so sick.
Up-front, give me Blake Coleman for the top six, and Barclay Goodrow for the bottom six, and Kurtis Gabriel for the 12th/13th forward spot.

Keller-Dvorak-Garland
Bunting-Schmaltz-Coleman
Goodrow-Hayton-Pitlick
Crouse-J.Larsson-Gabriel

Chychrun-A.Larsson
OEL-Lyubushkin
Oleksiak-Goligoski
Provolnev

Adin Hill
F.Andersen

^ this is my BUILD THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM VIA UFA lineup - LOL

As long as Tocchet and Housley are gone, that's a team I would LOVE to cheer for. Would be a TON of FUN to watch.

Reactions: WrinkledPossum

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Up-front, give me Blake Coleman for the top six, and Barclay Goodrow for the bottom six, and Kurtis Gabriel for the 12th/13th forward spot.

Keller-Dvorak-Garland
Bunting-Schmaltz-Coleman
Goodrow-Hayton-Pitlick
Crouse-J.Larsson-Gabriel

Chychrun-A.Larsson
OEL-Lyubushkin
Oleksiak-Goligoski
Provolnev

Adin Hill
F.Andersen

As long as Tocchet and Housley are gone, that's a team I would LOVE to cheer for. Would be a TON of FUN to watch.
I think u need to sprinkle in a ex or soon to be ex St Louis Blues player in the UfA expectations. Armstrong is going to go after “his” guys.

Reactions: RemoAZ

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
You’re asking who’s going to make up the 15pts from Domi’s 45 to Keller’s 60? I think we’ll figure it out. Maybe Foudy or maybe DeBrusk. Either way, it’ll be fine.

As for Lauzon, I’d rather have him than any 1st rounder in this draft outside of the top 15. Probably top 12. Maybe top 10. It’s not a good draft and the best players in our system, our core, our hope for the future is already in the NHL. Picking some kid who will be ready to contribute meaningfully in four years if we’re really lucky doesn’t help much. f*** draft picks. I wasn’t young players and prospects.
Domi's on pace for 34 in a full season. Based on this season, his and DeBrusk's production together would not match Keller. We'd be using two roster spots to fill one. I'd rather just find a physical 3rd liner in free agency. Keep Keller. Get 90 points of production out of the two spots instead of 60-70. We should find depth/supporting pieces in free agency not by trading our top assets for them. That's what Domi and DeBrusk are beginning to look like. Lauzon hasn't proved he is more than that.

Reactions: lanky and zerekstar

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Keller-Dvorak-Garland
Bunting-Schmaltz-Coleman
Goodrow-Hayton-Pitlick
Crouse-J.Larsson-Gabriel

Chychrun-A.Larsson
OEL-Lyubushkin
Oleksiak-Goligoski
Provolnev

Adin Hill
F.Andersen

Replace Gogo with Soderstrom and maybe Gabriel with Fischer then I'm very happy.

rt

May 13, 2004
Domi's on pace for 34 in a full season. Based on this season, his and DeBrusk's production together would not match Keller. We'd be using two roster spots to fill one. I'd rather just find a physical 3rd liner in free agency. Keep Keller. Get 90 points of production out of the two spots instead of 60-70. We should find depth/supporting pieces in free agency not by trading our top assets for them. That's what Domi and DeBrusk are beginning to look like. Lauzon hasn't proved he is more than that.
I think at absolute worst DeBrusk is a 15g 10a guy and Domi is a 10g 25a guy. In a normal season. That’s 60. I’d betcha a bunch both can do a lot better.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So far in their careers Keller and Domi are only a couple points apart per 82 games played. Why does Keller get called a 60 point guy despite only doing it once 4 years ago and Domi is half that despite having a 70 plus point on his resume?

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
So far in their careers Keller and Domi are only a couple points apart per 82 games played. Why does Keller get called a 60 point guy despite only doing it once 4 years ago and Domi is half that despite having a 70 plus point on his resume?
Doesn’t make sense to me, either. I think Keller has more raw skill, but Domi is the more complete player.

Reactions: RemoAZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad