2021 Coyotes Roster Discussion Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well I guess it’s unlikely Kuemper is dealt prior to the deadline, due to his injury. For the same reason, we may decide not to move Raanta for a 3rd or whatever because of the uncertainty around Kuemper.

OEL’s cap-hit and NMC make him an unlikely mid-season trade, too. So like Kuemper, I guess we’ll reevaluate the market in the off-season.

I imagine there’s a market for Hjalmarsson and I’d bet money we could get a 2nd for him. It all boils down to whether he’s okay being away from the family for one last run at the Cup. Craig Morgan seems to think Hjalmarsson is not at all open to waiving. His agent told Craig as much. So I’d place him in the “unlikely” category along with OEL, Kuemper and Raanta.

I’d put Demers as “unlikely” too just because I don’t think any playoff team would want him.

^ all of that is to say this: I’m pretty sure our entire TDL experience will be Alex Goligoski with retention for a 3rd round pick. And that’s it. Nothing more.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What would Brassard realistically return? He's been a deadline acquisition a couple of times now, and it never really paid dividends. Pittsburgh gave up basically a 1st for him at the TDL and he ended up with 4pts in 12gp in the playoffs. Then Colorado gave up a 3rd for him and he put up one point in nine playoff games. I guess we're basically looking at a 5th or 6th round pick for him.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
What would Brassard realistically return? He's been a deadline acquisition a couple of times now, and it never really paid dividends. Pittsburgh gave up basically a 1st for him at the TDL and he ended up with 4pts in 12gp in the playoffs. Then Colorado gave up a 3rd for him and he put up one point in nine playoff games. I guess we're basically looking at a 5th or 6th round pick for him.

So you're saying one playoff hat trick doesn't warrant the "big game brass" moniker?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If Raanta is healthy then we have to deal him.
Hill and Prosvetov can help us limp along til Kuemper is back.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
In depth discussion on Garland rumors (largely speculated to be Bruins) on todays 31 thoughts podcast.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Would need at least studnicka and debrusk and a pick. With our luck, debrusk would bottom out here while Garland would flourish in Boston

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Yup. Studnicka is a must. I'd be happy to get Lauzon out of this deal too. If they need a D body back, they can have Bushy, Oesterle or Goligoski at 50%.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Has to start with their top prospect Jack Studnicka. And I'd want HEAVY adds from there.

DeBrusk, Studnicka, Lohrei, 22 1st

I couldn't pass that up. Even if DeBrusk has very little value at this point.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Feel like Demers could still be moved with the justification that it's a numbers game here for his usage, he's a veteran who won't cost the acquiring team a lot of capspace with how much remains this season, and his contract is running out. Coyotes can probably retain some salary on the deal even to up the return. I think it just comes down to injuries elsewhere in the league and need for depth. I don't dismiss it entirely, though realize it's probably hinging on a lot.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Friedman says AZ is 'looking at rebuilding' although the way he phrased it, it wasn't definitive. But he said BA doesn't want late picks and a basket of value for Garland. The ask is bluechip prospects and/or high picks.

"If you're coming for Garland, what I've heard is: don't screw around. You have to make a really good offer. And now that it's out there, I think [teams] are going to." "These teams are smart, they understand what this is going to cost you"

News & Notes plus Anton Forsberg’s Amazing Odyssey | Podcasts - Sportsnet.ca

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I just don't see any offer coming that would be worth losing our only semi-proven young scorer. The prospect would have to be "can't miss" for a start. Even if we are rebuilding again, Garland is the right age and talent to start rebuilding with. We should be looking at all the guys over 25 to trade for a rebuild.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I just don't see any offer coming that would be worth losing our only semi-proven young scorer. The prospect would have to be "can't miss" for a start. Even if we are rebuilding again, Garland is the right age and talent to start rebuilding with. We should be looking at all the guys over 25 to trade for a rebuild.
Doesn't Garland fit that over 25 category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad