Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Eagles still manage to have the vet contingent they always would anyway and plus you have real talent in the league such as guys like Jarvis, Drysdale who wouldn’t normally be there. They’ve played the most games vs San Diego and Tucson, the latter of which Foudy had his best games against who are both playing a real AHL roster and tops in the division. The Ontario games definitely had more of a men’s league feel.

The thing with Foudy is he’s playing against men and he’s making an impact. It’s not even about production. The fact that he has any semblance of a role much less a big one is notable to begin with. I’m impressed with just the puck poise and skill he has, which is a rarity in my 8 years of watching the AHL.

Reactions: Richard88

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So what's the deal with Adam Werner? Are they okay with him not getting any games at either the NHL or AHL levels?

1e2e4282cf12382a1562f3896ffab1463fc63b0e.jpg

Reactions: MaKarter

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Spencer Martin 2.0 imo

Speaking of Spencer Martin, I think he's more or less a bust, but if he can develop anywhere it'll be with the Lightning. Also noticed they signed Heponiemi - can't wait to watch the Lightning develop him into a top 6 forward.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Speaking of Spencer Martin, I think he's more or less a bust, but if he can develop anywhere it'll be with the Lightning. Also noticed they signed Heponiemi - can't wait to watch the Lightning develop him into a top 6 forward.
Florida and Tampa are sharing Syracuse right now. Heponiemi is still with Florida.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I wanted Heponiemi his draft year. Always liked him. It’ll be interesting to see how he develops.

Reactions: PAZ

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What's the story behind this? Assistant coach leaving halfway through the season. Chambers as usual didn't feel like putting in the work to find out why so he could share it. Personal reasons or something else?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Schneekloth is the guy I figured they'd be grooming for a future head coaching role. If he ends up leaving or getting turfed then something is most definitely up. This sounds really odd but probably not too alarming IMO. Certainly would like to hear the story...wonder if it has anything to do with Stewart's retirement earlier this year.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I think Tobes still lives in Alberta and has family back there. He may have decided with Covid and probably no playoffs in the AHL this year to just go back home. Especially if he knew he wouldn't be in the Eagles plans next year.

Which leads me to this wild guess which is mostly just wishful thinking: Maybe the Avs want to move Cronin into their Head of Player Development role, and move Schneeks up to head coach, but fill the assistant positions with more experienced coaches. If this were the case I could see Tobler just moving on. I don't think he planned on coaching here for the long haul anyway.

Reactions: Richard88

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Cronin deserves a good amount of credit for having these AHL defenceman ready to play.

MacDonald and Renouf came into the season as the Avs 9th and 10th defenceman on the depth chart. MacDonald more so in a larger role has played quite well, but even Renouf is holding his own. It might not last, but to even get some stretches of good play from guys this deep on the depth chart is a win.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Doubt they'd take Cronin out of the spot where he's doing good. Besides, it would probably require them to rethink Billington as head of player development and I just don't think they'll ever, ever do that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Doubt they'd take Cronin out of the spot where he's doing good. Besides, it would probably require them to rethink Billington as head of player development and I just don't think they'll ever, ever do that.
Nobody is head of player development. That was David Oliver before he went to the Rangers. Billington is Avs AGM and Eagles GM. But yes essentially he thinks he heads player development too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nobody is head of player development. That was David Oliver before he went to the Rangers. Billington is Avs AGM and Eagles GM. But yes essentially he thinks he heads player development too.

Biller probably is the defacto director of player development.

That was his title for the Avs for four years in the early 2000's. Before he became AGM and VP of Hockey Ops and basically did the same job.

They probably lean a lot on Brett Clarke, Wilsie, and Reinprect too.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
With all the injuries among defenders in the organization can Sakic sign Helleson and even Lievermann?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
With all the injuries among defenders in the organization can Sakic sign Helleson and even Lievermann?
Sakic can sign those players, but they ultimately lose their eligibility to finish their hockey careers the exact moment they are signed. Which is one of the main reasons you never see an NCAA player sign until the end of their season. CHL players can be recovered on emergency loans, but that loan is only for a very specific amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad