Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I'm curious about what is going on with Kaut. As mentioned, the UBI report seems strange under the circumstances.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’m not sure I understand the “ECHL veterans” dilemma. We have no prospect in the ECHL right now so no one is burried on the Grizzlies. With the taxi squad we need additional bodies in the AHL, obviously these are going to be veteran minor leaguers to fill out the Eagles.
Yeah and some of those guys will stick around.

Liked the effort again tonight. Bowers in particular was on a mission, he looks like a real determined player. He and Foudy getting a ton of usage, maybe it’s the roster circumstances but still it’s good to see. Miner started the game and was pretty solid in a 3-2 OT loss. Pateryn is a good player at that level, if the plan is for him to stick around he’s a good vet for them.

Seems Kaut, Mutala and O’Brien are “injured”. Cronin also mentioned covid related absences too...

Reactions: Pokecheque

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I'm curious about what is going on with Kaut. As mentioned, the UBI report seems strange under the circumstances.

The Avs are always perpetuating a complete mystery of an injury situation. Calvert during the playoffs, Kaut now, Makar currently. They absolutely don't want any information being known to the public, and it's infuriating.

If the Avs didn't have to mention injuries, us fans wouldn't know a thing.

Reactions: Metallo

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Cronin said injuries and covid related absences for guys not on the trip sooo make your own conclusions.

I can’t express how bad that game was last night in Ontario. Maybe it was playing at the practice rink did it but it was scrimmage/men’s league level bad, nothing even remotely resembling NHL hockey.

Bowers did what he could but when nobody can receive a pass, carry the puck more than 10 feet without turning it over or skate into the ozone without falling down it’s a little tough to accomplish anything. He did score on a one timer at 6v5 then jammed a puck in a crease scramble with 4 seconds left which would have tied it but was waived off because allegedly someone in the scramble touched the puck with a high stick. Sooo that’s that.

Reactions: avsfan09

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

From January 6th. Bednar has praise for Bowers.

Sorry if already posted. And f the link is a problem, please let me know and I’ll gladly delete.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Cronin said injuries and covid related absences for guys not on the trip sooo make your own conclusions.

I can’t express how bad that game was last night in Ontario. Maybe it was playing at the practice rink did it but it was scrimmage/men’s league level bad, nothing even remotely resembling NHL hockey.

Bowers did what he could but when nobody can receive a pass, carry the puck more than 10 feet without turning it over or skate into the ozone without falling down it’s a little tough to accomplish anything. He did score on a one timer at 6v5 then jammed a puck in a crease scramble with 4 seconds left which would have tied it but was waived off because allegedly someone in the scramble touched the puck with a high stick. Sooo that’s that.
Is it too early to crown Bowers as the next Chris Drury with those clutch goals? :sarcasm:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

How has Foudy looked?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I think Avs and Eagles have to go through this injury crisis at the moment, but I am scared that not enough of the taxi squad depth will help the Eagles this year offensively. It's going to be quite the struggle to score, at least Miner has looked really good in these two games.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How has Foudy looked?
I liked his first two games better on Bowers’ wing and then they tried him at center but last night was a total trash fire for everyone so I’m not gonna conclude he’s not ready for that just yet. For his age and inexperience Foudy is keeping up well, you would not say he’s the 18 year old out there. I’d like him to shoot more but he’s getting SOG in the last two games. Pace and some decision making speed he’s a little behind in at times. Aside from the blazing speed I like his puck ability the best, he’s got good puck control and has the look of a good playmaker but his speed gets him some opportunities I wish he just take himself. All in all pleasantly surprised at the role he’s had and hasn’t looked out of place doing it.

Reactions: ljb4

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think Avs and Eagles have to go through this injury crisis at the moment, but I am scared that not enough of the taxi squad depth will help the Eagles this year offensively. It's going to be quite the struggle to score, at least Miner has looked really good in these two games.
Guys like Tynan in particular will help but yeah same story as always don’t expect a ton of scoring from this team.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Are they as insistent on using identical systems to the Avalanche or does Cronin just do his own thing?
Disclaimer, I'm not a systems expert but I’d say they foundationaly keep things the same but Cronin implements his own ideas which I get as you do need to be able to adapt to your realities in that league. Structure in the AHL breaks down frequently so I’m not sure how much it really matters.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Bowers at RW with Foudy at center and Salomaki at LW tonight.

I think it’s already been asked but isn’t Salomaki good enough for the NHL?
I can see why they'd want Bowers and Foudy playing together, but Bowers should ideally be playing C rather than RW as much as possible this year.

Reactions: Foppa2118

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think it’s already been asked but isn’t Salomaki good enough for the NHL?
That kind of mystifies me too. Surely he'd be better than Megna at the very least. I would think he would be one of the first call-ups. No idea.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Maybe it’s Cronin trying to see if Foudy will work at C if he has Bowers helping him out? I’m totally guessing here.
The Eagles haven't been scoring a lot to start the season, losing 3-2, 3-2, and 2-1, so it's probably that they want to put their best scoring forwards together on one line to try to generate some more goals, and then figure that Foudy is the best one in transition between he and Bowers.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That kind of mystifies me too. Surely he'd be better than Megna at the very least. I would think he would be one of the first call-ups. No idea.
Salomaki was awful in this game, the play died with him constantly.

There’s not much to read into what they do here, it’s vets and ECHLers and that’s what they want. Bowers and Foudy had a couple chances but it really doesn’t matter. Miner has been a nice surprise and very solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad