Line Combos: 2021 Boston Bruins Lines

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Ok COVID time killing exercise. It's May and we face Washington in a *hypothetical* playoff series with Miller, Carlo and Gryz available. What are your 4 forward lines and your 3 pairings? I'm going to assume Rask-Swayman 1-2 and not much arguments there...

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Ok COVID time killing exercise. It's May and we face Washington in a *hypothetical* playoff series with Miller, Carlo and Gryz available. What are your 4 forward lines and your 3 pairings? I'm going to assume Rask-Swayman 1-2 and not much arguments there...
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Smith
DeBrusk-Coyle-Ritchie
Kuraly-Lazar-Wagner

Gryz-McAvoy
Reilly-Carlo
Lauzon-Miller

Rask
Halak

Reactions: Dellstrom and DBL84

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Love the lines as is but even if they change them aroun the Hall addition and Lazar has made this a far more complete team . Hopefully Kase gets back so that if we do lose a top 9 or he can beat someone out . We would have some injury insurance .

On a side note I think Brad Marchand has easily taken over as our best forward from Pasta and previously before him Bergy.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hope to see

Marchand Bergy Pasta
Hall Krejci Smith
Debrusk Lazar Kuhlman
Kuraly Coyle Wags

PP1
Marchand Bergeron Lazar(front of net)
Pasta Grz

PP2
Hall Krejci Smith
Reilly McAvoy

Reactions: Blowfish

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Line1
Line2
Frederic-Coyle-Ritchie
Line 4

Lauzon-Mac
Reilly- Miller
Grizz- Carlo

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Why are we f***in with the forward lines on a 5 game winning streak?
Lazar is where he needs to be, 4th line duties. The 4th line hasn't looked this good in ages.
Debrusk-Coyle-Ritchie will figure it out. Patience is a virtue

Reactions: bme44

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
How do the Bruins fix the bottom 6?
Far less worried about the fourth line than I am the third line. Third line is well underperforming.
Fourth line has had spurts and there’s plenty of guys ready to jump in and provide a spark at the drop of a hat.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
How do the Bruins fix the bottom 6?
Put Marchand, Hall and Smith in it :sarcasm:.

In all honesty, need to put kids in with speed. Maybe rotate guys in and out. DeBrusk sits one night, Coyle another (and Pasta too). They do it with the D and with the 4th line. Since the 3rd line's playing like a 4th why not them too? Maybe that'll get their attention. Something has to.

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017
It’s unfortunate that finally when we have a potential second line, then the third line game for the two main pieces (DeBrusk & Coyle) is downhill and bad. I’m afraid that Jake won’t raise his level much from that this season. Unfortunately. Of course I'll be happy to accept it if he improves the game!
I was afraid of this myself and hoped we would get 1 forward more. That would be options. Apparently we were after Janmark?
I believe in Coyle more. Hopefully he will improve his game even a little. Maybe there's some injury there?
But it’s still unfortunate that now that we have 1st and 2nd line, then our third line is playing so badly, and this isn’t just a period. Jake and Charlie have been playing badly for almost the entire season. Especially Jake. They only are asked for little help with the offense. I hope they get things together. Fingers and toes crossed.
Hopefully Kase would be playful soon, so there would even be some options to try and it would add hope.
I will certainly be too negative but these two player game has been bad all season long and Jake game also had a bad last season. Annoying because players were acquired. But was the management unnecessarily optimistic that DeBrusk would improve their game? That can cost a lot again.

And then there is Pasta's situation. That's a big factor.

After this post Jake is probably the best player in the playoffs on our team. :D But I'll be happy to take it and it won't hurt my pride

Reactions: inactive user

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Next game for me is.

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Hall Krecji Pasta
Debrusk Coyle Kuhlman
Kurarly Lazar Wags.

If Freddy is healthy get him some reps as well but only on the 4th line.

Debrusk and Ritchie swap out if Debrusk has another no show.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Next game for me is.

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Hall Krecji Pasta
Debrusk Coyle Kuhlman
Kurarly Lazar Wags.

If Freddy is healthy get him some reps as well but only on the 4th line.

Debrusk and Ritchie swap out if Debrusk has another no show.
I would not be surprised at all if this is what we see tomorrow

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
MAR/BER/SMI
HAL/KRE/PAS
FRE/LAZ/KUH
DeB/KUR/STU
GRZ/McA
REI/CLI
LAU/KAM
SWA
(RAS)

only because we can't undress all of Ritchie, Coyle, DeBrusk, Kuraly, Wagner, each of whom has been atrocious this season. they can at least be sufficiently demoted while those that don't absolutely choke move up in ice time and quality of competition and general reliance. I trust the defense and goaltending to play out just fine, but who has any faith in the aforementioned ghosts of players past? I don't see any evidence of why anybody should hold such beliefs in resurgence from significant struggles. the plus/minus chart has far more overpaid minuses than this team has iced in decades. the division between the pluses and the minuses couldn't be more clear and obvious, but that third line still dresses like coach hates his bosses and wants to get them fired before he moves on from organizational abuses.

edits: Studnicka in, Ritchie out... and is Senyshyn back? if so: swapped for Coyle. I'm good with any needed waivers or cuts to lose lossy losers, likeable or loved as they may be. I put DeBrusk back in, as he really does seem to have turned the corner since sticking through the deadline. as much as can't stand this player nor his style, routes, endurance, hustle after being beat, he really isn't the black hole he was for the past year or two. out are Coyle, Ritchie, Wagner... so now it would be Kuraly bounced if/when Senyshyn is available to play to the right of Studnicka. ...and I had forgotten Clifton, so I'd have now bumped out Kampfer with a direct swap, but Miller seems to not have dressed for practice today, so maybe I missed something there and I've juggled the defense in a bit more of a balanced way than the practice lines show. thanks for reading through this.

Last edited:

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
MAR/BER/SMI
HAL/KRE/PAS
FRE/LAZ/KUH
DeB/KUR/STU
GRZ/McA
REI/CLI
LAU/KAM
SWA
(RAS)

only because we can't undress all of Ritchie, Coyle, DeBrusk, Kuraly, Wagner, each of whom has been atrocious this season. they can at least be sufficiently demoted while those that don't absolutely choke move up in ice time and quality of competition and general reliance. I trust the defense and goaltending to play out just fine, but who has any faith in the aforementioned ghosts of players past? I don't see any evidence of why anybody should hold such beliefs in resurgence from significant struggles. the plus/minus chart has far more overpaid minuses than this team has iced in decades. the division between the pluses and the minuses couldn't be more clear and obvious, but that third line still dresses like coach hates his bosses and wants to get them fired before he moves on from organizational abuses.

edits: Studnicka in, Ritchie out... and is Senyshyn back? if so: swapped for Coyle. I'm good with any needed waivers or cuts to lose lossy losers, likeable or loved as they may be. I put DeBrusk back in, as he really does seem to have turned the corner since sticking through the deadline. as much as can't stand this player nor his style, routes, endurance, hustle after being beat, he really isn't the black hole he was for the past year or two. out are Coyle, Ritchie, Wagner... so now it would be Kuraly bounced if/when Senyshyn is available to play to the right of Studnicka. ...and I had forgotten Clifton, so I'd have now bumped out Kampfer with a direct swap, but Miller seems to not have dressed for practice today, so maybe I missed something there and I've juggled the defense in a bit more of a balanced way than the practice lines show. thanks for reading through this.
How can you say that ritchie has been atrocious?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad