Hall - Krejci - Smith
Ritchie - Kuraly - Coyle
DeBrusk - Lazar - Kase

Or you could go

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Hall - Krejci - Smith
DeBrusk - Coyle - Kase
Ritchie - Kuraly -Lazar

I really hope they go with that first lineup. The Frankenstein 3rd line of Ritchie-Kuraly-Coyle has no business working but it’s seemed to have energized both Kuraly and Coyle. You have to keep that going in my opinion. Allows you to play Debrusk and Kase on the “4th line” and they’ve shown some chemistry together.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Marchand-bergy-pasta
Hall-krejci-smith
Debrusk-coyle-kase
Ritchie-kuraly-lazar

if we are facing Washington, I probably switch out Kase for Frederic for toughness.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Marchand-bergy-pasta
Hall-krejci-smith
Debrusk-coyle-kase
Ritchie-kuraly-lazar

if we are facing Washington, I probably switch out Kase for Frederic for toughness.

Its too late to experiment imo

Cass sounds like he is going to stick with

Ritchie Kuraly Coyle

4th line... we could soon see

Debrusk Lazar Kase experiment

4th line passing has been awful. Thats why they cant connect mid ice and hold the puck on the offensive end. Kase is a much better passer than Wags, Frederic, Kuhlman combined. So in theory he should help generate more offense

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Its too late to experiment imo

Cass sounds like he is going to stick with

Ritchie Kuraly Coyle

4th line... we could soon see

Debrusk Lazar Kase experiment

4th line passing has been awful. Thats why they cant connect mid ice and hold the puck on the offensive end. Kase is a much better passer than Wags, Frederic, Kuhlman combined. So in theory he should help generate more offense
didn`t like Frederic`s game for a few weeks before he got sick/injured then healthy scratched, haven`t liked one element of his game since his return.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bottom 6 for next game .. I would like to see

Debrusk Kuraly Coyle
Ritchie Lazar Wagner

As for D core... Miller was decent. But Kind of miss Clifton speed from the backend

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Cassidy needs to change the PP lines too. He really should have tinkered more post deadline.

I know Ritchie got one last night but IMO that first unit has to add at least two of McAvoy, Krejci or Hall.

McAvoy up top. Hall to the half-wall, Marchand down-low. Get that unit moving faster and less stationary with the more dynamic McAvoy up top. Hall is excellent at that cross-slot pass to the opposite elbow for the one-timer, he practically made Palmeiri in NJ feeding him in that spot. Hall rejuvenated the team 5 on 5 now he can revitalize the PP.

Let Reilly and Gryz go to PP Unit 2 with Krejci, Ritchie, and take your pick out of Debrusk/Coyle/Smith for the final spot. I really don't care about the 2nd unit right now, gotta get that first unit clicking if they want to go deep.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Hall Krejci Smith
Ritchie Coyle Kase
DeBrusk Kuraly Lazar

Lazar and Kuraly can flip between C and RW
I have no issues with Lazar's game since he arrived, he needs to play C.
Kase is not going to make one bit of difference in this series.
He is not physical will get eaten alive out there.
He has played one game since Jan.
Seny would be a better choice.
Wagner needs to sit, move Coyle back to center, JDB plays on his off wing, Kuraly goes to LW, call up Frederic or Kuhlman in place of Wagner.
Move Pasty around in the lines and put Smith in his place.
Butch needs to light a fire under Carlo's butt, he needs to be physical.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
With the top line's well documented struggle 5 on 5 in the playoffs the last few years, I wonder if they'd eventually look at flipping Pasta and Smith. Historically, I've hated Pasta with Krejci but Hall changes things. Smith looked good with Bergy and Marchy, too. Just a thought.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
With the top line's well documented struggle 5 on 5 in the playoffs the last few years, I wonder if they'd eventually look at flipping Pasta and Smith. Historically, I've hated Pasta with Krejci but Hall changes things. Smith looked good with Bergy and Marchy, too. Just a thought.
I was batting that idea around in my head as well. I think Smith complements Bergy and Marchy's style fairly well, plus Smith's scoring wheel house is cutting through the slot area, something Pasta is apparently not wanting to do. The main issue I have is defense. Will Pasta being on the 2nd line hurt them too much defensively. His shit effort is masked on the first line by Bergy's brilliance and Marchy's tenacity. Matrix and Hall might not be able to mask Pasta's shit effort, which will result in them getting hemmed into their own zone more than I would like to see for that line.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think the Bruins finally have their lines set

Ritchie Coyle Debrusk was really good yesterday. All you can ask from a 3rd line

Reactions: inactive user

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If Smith can't go for Game 2, is there any support for bumping someone up and inserting Anton Blidh on the 4th line? Normally I would never suggest this but given the alternatives, and the current Bruins opponent, I think an argument can be made that Blidh is tailor-made for a series like this.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If Smith can't go for Game 2, is there any support for bumping someone up and inserting Anton Blidh on the 4th line? Normally I would never suggest this but given the alternatives, and the current Bruins opponent, I think an argument can be made that Blidh is tailor-made for a series like this.

Pass. Blidh is a 20th forward. There are a handful of better options. He never plays his AHL style when he’s up.

If Smith can’t go, I’d rather see:

Kuhlman
Frederic
Studnicka
Senyshyn
Steen
McKegg

Hell, last case scenario that won’t happen but I’d rather see Tinordi inserted and Clifton moved up to forward for a game than see AHL fodder like Blidh in another Bruins game again.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I might be the only one but since we are missing a RW I go, bump DeBrusk up to line 2 and insert Oscar Steen in the 3rd line.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Pass. Blidh is a 20th forward. There are a handful of better options. He never plays his AHL style when he’s up.

If Smith can’t go, I’d rather see:

Kuhlman
Frederic
Studnicka
Senyshyn
Steen
McKegg

Hell, last case scenario that won’t happen but I’d rather see Tinordi inserted and Clifton moved up to forward for a game than see AHL fodder like Blidh in another Bruins game again.

Seriously. You must REALLY despise Blidh then. :laugh:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I might be the only one but since we are missing a RW I go, bump DeBrusk up to line 2 and insert Oscar Steen in the 3rd line.

Well I think you'll see that with the exception of Steen, My guess it'll be Kuhlman inserted on the third-line.

I would give Steen a shot on the second line or Kuhlman and leave the other ones as they are. Id prefer Debrusk on his natural side but he's the most versatile of all their options to play his off wing.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Seriously. You must REALLY despise Blidh then. :laugh:

It’s not so much as I despise him as I just don’t think he’s an NHLer at all. He’s barely a top 9 forward at the AHL level. Good soldier but not someone I want playing in an NHL playoff game.

I don’t really despise any players with the team (I can count on one hand the amount of players I’ve ever hated who played for the B’s)

Reactions: kjpm and BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It’s not so much as I despise him as I just don’t think he’s an NHLer at all. He’s barely a top 9 forward at the AHL level. Good soldier but not someone I want playing in an NHL playoff game.

I don’t really despise any players with the team (I can count on one hand the amount of players I’ve ever hated who played for the B’s)

I can't really say I've ever been a fan of Blidh myself. I guess part of my thought on possibly using him is my lack of confidence in any of the alternatives (Frederic, Kuhlman, Studnicka, etc.).

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I can't really say I've ever been a fan of Blidh myself. I guess part of my thought on possibly using him is my lack of confidence in any of the alternatives (Frederic, Kuhlman, Studnicka, etc.).

Im not a huge Kuhlman fan but I feel when he’s used in a lower lineup role, he’s been pretty good. Frederic is hit/miss. Studnicka is a write off for this season. Hope he comes in ready to go next year.

Reactions: BruinDust

MarbleMist

May 17, 2021

DeBrusk didn't exactly earn a promotion last night. The guy was in ultra-passive mode in the third, for some reason. At least Kuhlman/Steen will offer a motor all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad