Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
I actually want something like this.

marchand-bergeron-smith
hall-krejci- debrusk
ritchie-coyle-pastrnak
kuraly-lazar-wagner

Choose your poison. Whichever line hops over those boards, sans fourth, can score.

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Would be nice to try out

March-Bergeron-Smith
Hall-Krech-Pasta

for our top 6. I think Hall and Pasta could work really well with one another, and this could help David get going.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Need to have Pasta on the 1st line again. We now have two real lines with Craig Smith getting comfortable...time to let Pasta get his chemistry back on the first line

If we just keep bouncing him around on other lines he's not going to be dangerous come playoff time

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Nothing should change in the top 9 going forward. Let them continue to build chemistry on lines 2 and 3. We know line 1 works.

Frederic can slot in on the fourth line if any of those guys stop being effective but right now they're rolling. Freddy was also very underwhelming after the first two months of this season. He needs to earn back in IMO (or Kuraly/Wags earn out again).

LEAVE IT ALONE BRUCE :laugh:

Reactions: rocketdan9 and kjpm

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nothing should change in the top 9 going forward. Let them continue to build chemistry on lines 2 and 3. We know line 1 works.

Frederic can slot in on the fourth line if any of those guys stop being effective but right now they're rolling. Freddy was also very underwhelming after the first two months of this season. He needs to earn back in IMO (or Kuraly/Wags earn out again).

Agreed. Freddy has lost his spot

He plays hard, provides good size and decent board play. But Lazar at the moment is just the more refined version of Frederic. Bodychecks harder. Better and cleaner passses. Consistently rushes up to the front of the net to try to find loose pucks/opportunities. And doesn't mind getting his faced mucked (a small price to pay).

Looks like to me Lazer has injected energy into Wagner and Kuraly games also. Like seeing 4th line start games, inject a spark into the team. Lazar looking to unload a big hit, igniting the 4th line.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
heh was looking for this thread the other day. I'm shocked it's not the most used thread.

I literally have dreams about sorting the lines. The Smith vs Pasta debate is good.

I still think if you can get perfection going again, you have to at least try. You want a hot pasta in the playoffs.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
if ever healthy put Kase in for Wagner
I’m not the biggest Wagner fan but I don’t think I’d put Kase in a forth line role, our 4th line finally found some jam and Kase doesn’t bring much jam. I’d think about Kuhlman there before Kase.

Also I doubt we see Kase again this season, or ever again in a spoked B.

Reactions: UConn126

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I’m not the biggest Wagner fan but I don’t think I’d put Kase in a forth line role, our 4th line finally found some jam and Kase doesn’t bring much jam. I’d think about Kuhlman there before Kase.

I agree that he isn't likely to play but I think his speed would fit well with Lazar and Kuraly or Frederic. not a fan of wagner at all

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I agree that he isn't likely to play but I think his speed would fit well with Lazar and Kuraly or Frederic. not a fan of wagner at all
Yeah I’m not a huge fan of Wags either but if you look at that first shift of the game last night that built all that momentum it was all hard forechecking and taking the body. I don’t think Kase could bring that same game.

I wouldn’t mess with that line unless it’s inserting Frederic for Kuraly if he starts getting turnover happy. Or Kuhlman for Wags if he falls back asleep again.

But honestly I think Lazar is the lightning rod that will bring the best out of whatever 4th line grinder you put on the wings.

Reactions: smack66

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'm very happy with the lines right now. Leave 'em alone the rest of the way so they can build up some chemistry. Would like to see Freddy still get worked into the lineup a decent amount. I really don't see why so many want Kuhlman or Seny put it. They're good depth pieces, and I like both players, but I don't think they really fit into the picture right now. I know Wagner's not perfect, but when he's hitting guys, he's a better option at 4RW than those other two.

Reactions: The National

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

I agree. Best case scenario, Kase can practice with the team a bit to get back in game shape, and be available as an injury reserve if a wing in the top 9 goes down, but of I were a betting man, I'd say Kase's NHL, and potentially hockey career, is done. It's just not worth the long term effects of major concussions.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
the best line up

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnark
Hall Krejci Smith
Debrusk Kuraly Coyle
Ritchie Frederic Lazar
Frederic does not have the wheels to play Center yet.
Lazar is a better fit and is way better defensively.
Kuraly has done nothing to deserve third line minutes.
He plays better at LW on the fourth line.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Definitely worth a consideration.

one of the things this team has going for it right now is incredible depth. So i hope Cassidy will use this to keep guys from burning out with what is an extremely aggressive game schedule the rest of the way

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Bruins need to get their PP back on track.

Why have they moved away from 1timers off the elbow? Pasta on one elbow, Hall on the other. Hall played that elbow for Windsor and was Stamkos-esque there. We saw his one-timer tonight when Krejci hit him with a feed.

They started Hall on the left and today he was down low... They're not even set up to shoot, they have to catch the pass, pivot and turn towards the net before they're even in a shooting position.

They've also been trying force low plays for about a month now. Ritchie couldn't do it, they had Hall trying it tonight. Teams know it's coming and drop to a knee to take away the cross crease pass. Washington seems to be really good at it though. They hit Oshie in the bumper or Ovie in the slot all the time.

I think if they're going to go with those plays, Marchand has the be the guy down low. Keep Hall on the elbow because he's got a better 1timer and let Marchand be the QB off to the side, trying to hit Bergy in the bumper and Pasta back door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad