Perrault - Evans - Armia
Paquette, Poehling

Edm - Petry
Chiarot - EJ
Romanov - Savard
Wideman

Price
Allen

I'm seeing this kadri - drouin swap alot. I repeat, the Avs don't have a proven 2C behind rantanen.

Among the many reasons why the Avs should not do it, the biggest one is that it leaves a hole at 2C.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson
Hoffman-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli
Lehkonen-Evans-Gallagher
Perreault-Paquette-Armia
Byron, Poehling

Drouin is traded with picks for a D

Edmundson-Petry
PMD-Savard
Chiarot-Romanov
Kulak, Wideman
I gotta say, I really like those lines
But that's provided drouin is traded yeah

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
With Byron/Danault gone our PK is going to be hit pretty bad.

Suzuki/Toffoli
Evans/Armia
Paquette/Lehkonen
Gallagher? Poehling? Perreault? Anderson?

It kinda feels like Suzuki and Toffoli should concentrate on offense instead of killing penalties but really who else do we got? Guys like Paquette, Poehling, Perreault might not even dress every night. There seems to be shortage of penalty killers.

I'm actually thinking they might put Kotkaniemi out there this year.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Pretty obvious lineup to me, with Byron out and assuming JD is traded for scraps.

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield (The Tampa series showed that Anderson is needed on that line)
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli (Some talent to play with KK. Not sure about Hoffman though)
Lehkonen - Evans - Gallagher (This line will win the 5vs5 matchups)
Perreault - Poehling - Armia (Gifting Armia to Poehling to help him acclimate to the NHL)
Paquette

I could see Poehling and Evans switch during the season, if Poehling progresses as expected.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
If the Habs decide to stick with Drouin and with Weber and Byron out of the lineup, I would go with the following to start off the season:

Hoffman-Suzuki-Caufield
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Drouin-Perreault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Evans-Armia
Paquette-Poehling

Chiarot-Petry
Edmundson-Savard
Romanov-Wideman
Kulak

Price
Allen

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If the Habs decide to stick with Drouin and with Weber and Byron out of the lineup, I would go with the following to start off the season:

Hoffman-Suzuki-Caufield
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Drouin-Perreault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Evans-Armia
Paquette-Poehling

Chairot-Petry
Edmundson-Savard
Romanov-Wideman
Kulak

Price
Allen

I'd swap Anderson & Gallagher & chiarot/Edmondson but otherwise that looks about right.

Defense is, again, our weakest link, and worse than last year. Coaches will have their work cut out for them trying to offset their collective limitations.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield (The Tampa series showed that Anderson is needed on that line)

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Toffoli's groin was in a pretty bad shape by the time we reached the final. I would consider going back to Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield. Not a strong forechecking presence on that line, but it's well suited for a more cerebral, puck-possession style. All three are able to make plays in the neutral zone to gain the blueline cleanly. All can set up, as well as finish plays.

Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli (Some talent to play with KK. Not sure about Hoffman though)

Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with Hoffman's transition game, but I'm not sure what's the identity of this line. Doesn't seem skilled enough to play a puck-possession game, nor is it a north-south line. I'd pair Kotkaniemi and Anderson to achieve directness and add Hoffman for goal scoring.

Agreed. Ideally, we would acquire someone better than Evans and bump him down.

Perreault - Poehling - Armia

Agreed. I'm pretty excited to see what Perreault and Armia can do together. Any one of Evans, Paquette and Poehling could center this line. I think the best fit stylistically and skill-wise is Poehling. Could turn out to be one of our best lines.

It's really hard to figure out where Drouin fits in the lineup after Hoffman was added.

Reactions: frapp10 and Naslund

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Toffoli's groin was in a pretty bad shape by the time we reached the final. I would consider going back to Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield. Not a strong forechecking presence on that line, but it's well suited for a more cerebral, puck-possession style. All three are able to make plays in the neutral zone to gain the blueline cleanly. All can set up, as well as finish plays.

Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with Hoffman's transition game, but I'm not sure what's the identity of this line. Doesn't seem skilled enough to play a puck-possession game, nor is it a north-south line. I'd pair Kotkaniemi and Anderson to achieve directness and add Hoffman for goal scoring.

Agreed. Ideally, we would acquire someone better than Evans and bump him down.

Agreed. I'm pretty excited to see what Perreault and Armia can do together. Any one of Evans, Paquette and Poehling could center this line. I think the best fit stylistically and skill-wise is Poehling. Could turn out to be one of our best lines.

It's really hard to figure out where Drouin fits in the lineup after Hoffman was added.

I could see Toffoli and Anderson alternating between the first two lines.

Reactions: Archijerej
Apr 28, 2010

Suzuki/Toffoli
Evans/Armia
Paquette/Lehkonen

It kinda feels like Suzuki and Toffoli should concentrate on offense instead of killing penalties but really who else do we got? Guys like Paquette, Poehling, Perreault might not even dress every night. There seems to be shortage of penalty killers.

Byron, Lehky and Armia should be in the lineup for the whole season. Yes, they're bottom 6 guys but they are elite PKers. We need them.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Pretty obvious lineup to me, with Byron out and assuming JD is traded for scraps.

I could see Poehling and Evans switch during the season, if Poehling progresses as expected.

Gally - at 6.5M per year - ain't be scoring 25+ goals on such a line. And forget about putting Drouin on that left side. Gally and him haven't shown compatibility in the past and doubtful this would ever change.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There are wayyyy too many forwards on this group....................Drouin is the obvious guy to go for a PMD.....maybe even JD and another forward, or prospect.

Reactions: Redux91

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
JD potentially give us a dangerous 3rd line if Perrault can move back to C.

Toffoli-Suzuki-CC
Anderson-KK-Hoffman
Drouin-Perreault-Gally
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia
Paquette
Byron(ir)

Or do we want to move CC away from Suzuki and though match ups? They can play together on the PP.

Anderson-Suzuki-Hoffman
Toffoli-KK-Gally
Drouin-Perreault-CC
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

Pp1
Toffoli-Suzuki-CC
Hoffman-Petry

Pp2
Double shift pp1

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Gally - at 6.5M per year - ain't be scoring 25+ goals on such a line. And forget about putting Drouin on that left side. Gally and him haven't shown compatibility in the past and doubtful this would ever change.

Gallagher scored 30 with Lehkonen and the withering corpse of Plekanec one year...

Just saying...

I don't think Gallagher needs a great playmaker to set him up to score.

Mind you, I don't like the line. I'd really hope Poehling makes a case for himself as a 3rd line C and would love to see a cycle line that can score greasy goals around the crease while getting a few reakaway scoring chances with a winger putting the soulier down and charging in at the opposing net.

Anderson - Poehling - Gallagher

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Suzuki/Toffoli
Evans/Armia
Paquette/Lehkonen

Anderson was on the Columbus PK under Torts. So at the very least he has to be decent at it cause you know Torts wouldn't stand for bad PKing.

Perreault can PK as well and I'm willing to bet at some point they give KK a shot at it. Big players with long sticks are always useful and he is getting better at faceoffs.

Reactions: Redux91

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think we should have Caufueld, Toffoli, and Hoffman on other lines tbh. Split em up make each line dangerous. PP should be pretty good this year.

Toffoli - bumper
Hoffman - right circle
Caufield - left circle
Petry - point
Suzuki - rover type role or maybe as the QB even.

PP2

Now to me this unit is just about chaos and rebounds and not a proper set up unless drouin makes some sick pass. I'm thinking puck on net then crash it.

Gallagher
Anderson
KK
Wideman/Romanov
Drouin

Reactions: Team_Spirit

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think we should have Caufueld, Toffoli, and Hoffman on other lines tbh. Split em up make each line dangerous. PP should be pretty good this year.

Toffoli - bumper
Hoffman - right circle
Caufield - left circle
Petry - point
Suzuki - rover type role or maybe as the QB even.

PP2

Now to me this unit is just about chaos and rebounds and not a proper set up unless drouin makes some sick pass. I'm thinking puck on net then crash it.

Gallagher
Anderson
KK
Wideman/Romanov
Drouin

I think you need someone in front of the net on the pp.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Gallagher scored 30 with Lehkonen and the withering corpse of Plekanec one year...

Just saying...

I don't think Gallagher needs a great playmaker to set him up to score.

Mind you, I don't like the line. I'd really hope Poehling makes a case for himself as a 3rd line C and would love to see a cycle line that can score greasy goals around the crease while getting a few reakaway scoring chances with a winger putting the soulier down and charging in at the opposing net.

Anderson - Poehling - Gallagher

Evans ain't no Pleky. I do agree and share the same hope. Poehling fitting in that 3C role would be like maple syrup on a stack of pancakes on a Monday morning.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
I would go with

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Drouin- Toffoli
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Perreault - Evans - Armia

Edmundston - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Widesman

I still feel we need another top 9 center and a top 4 defenseman. But Bergevin is not ready to trade away in order for us ton get these type of players.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't like Kadri. One of the most hated nhl player if not the most hated.
Bad bad person.

?
The cheap shots are what they are... guy plays on the edge and crosses it at times. Not unlike a number of players we've had in our lineup in recent years (domi, Weber, perry, Ott... all guys who've faced various league discipline for dirty play.)

But "bad person"? Not sure if I've missed something but I don't recall stuff about his character off ice being brought into the spotlight...

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
?
The cheap shots are what they are... guy plays on the edge and crosses it at times. Not unlike a number of players we've had in our lineup in recent years (domi, Weber, perry, Ott... all guys who've faced various league discipline for dirty play.)

But "bad person"? Not sure if I've missed something but I don't recall stuff about his character off ice being brought into the spotlight...
He said something in the past, not related to hockey, it was anti-american, that's all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad