Line Combos: 2021-22 lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well we have about 8,5 millions under the cap, could use this money to sign Krejci and/or Ryan Murray.

still need to sign KK and Lehk also.

But yes, we could sign those two and trade someone to make room. I think the Byron and Armia contracts are unnecessary uses of 3.4M.

At any rate, one or two of Drouin, Byron, Armia, and Lehkonen are expendable, as with Krejci and Paquette as our 13th forward, there is no room for one of them in the top 13

Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Hoffman Krejci Toffoli
Drouin Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Lehkonen Evans Byron/Armia
Paquette

TeacherMan

Mar 10, 2017
Based on how our coaching staff views our players, there's no way they'll have KK as our #2 centre. If no other changes are made, our lineup will look something like this:

Lehkonen Evans Gallagher
Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Hoffman Kotkaniemi Toffoli
Byron Paquette Armia

Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Savard
Kulak Romanov

Our coaching staff will try to have Evans fill Danault's role. They will also not bury Gallagher on the third line even though they probably should.
On the positive side, this would give both of our young centres matchups they could handle.

Reactions: Fandangle

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Based on how our coaching staff views our players, there's no way they'll have KK as our #2 centre. If no other changes are made, our lineup will look something like this:

Lehkonen Evans Gallagher
Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Byron Paquette Armia

Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Savard
Kulak Romanov

Our coaching staff will try to have Evans fill Danault's role. They will also not bury Gallagher on the third line even though they probably should.
On the positive side, this would give both of our young centres matchups they could handle.

what do you see happening with Drouin?

Jul 6, 2016

Lehkonen Evans Gallagher
Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Byron Paquette Armia

Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Savard
Kulak Romanov

Very expensive third liner and one of the very few vet leader on that team.

TeacherMan

Mar 10, 2017
what do you see happening with Drouin?

Hopefully for Drouin and the team, he will be traded. He could potentially be a healthy scratch and placed on the second or third line in case of injury. Expensive player to have in the press box though

Very expensive third liner and one of the very few vet leader on that team.

We have many expensive wingers. Even the fourth line includes wingers earning almost $7 million combined.

Ideally, we could package Drouin+ for an upgrade on Evans at centre. That would bring us closer to being able to ice four solid lines.

Reactions: 26Mats

Habz4

Oct 1, 2013
Ok my turn
Depending if Drouin is still here

CC Suzuki Anderson
Hoffman KK Toffoli
Lekhonen/Drouin Evans Armia
Byron/Lehkonen Paquette Gallagher

Pavel_Bure

Oct 6, 2006

Lehkonen Evans Gallagher
Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Byron Paquette Armia

Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Savard
Kulak Romanov

Doesn’t matter the order you write this but that Evans line is line #3 and the KK line is number 2

Pavel_Bure

Oct 6, 2006
Here is what I see…

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-KK-Anderson
Toffoli-Evans-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Poehling-Armia
Byron
Paquette

eddy-Petry
Romanov-Savard
Chiarot-Wideman
Kulak

Price
Allen

Reactions: Redux91

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
How about put all the guys who need sheltering on one line and try and use paquette to replace danault in a shut down line.

I know I know it sounds crazy, but who else do we have to take the tough defensive zone faceoffs right now?

toffoli - suzuki - anderson
drouin/lehkonen - paquette - gallagher (drouin seems kinda similar to tatar.. If not then lehk)
hoffman - kk - caufield (offensive zone starts and match ups against 4th lines)
byron/drouin - evans/poehling - armia
evans/poehling/lehkonen

on D i would give romanov a bigger role right away and see how he lives up to it

chiarot - petry
edmunsen - romanov ( i heard he prefers to play on the right?)
kulak - savard

pp1
hoff - suzuki- caufield - droin- petry

pk1
byron - armia - edmunsen - savard

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Drouin - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - KK - Toffoli
Lehkonen/Byron- Evans - Gally
Armia - Poehling - Anderson
Paquette

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Wideman
Kulak

PP

Caufield - Toffoli (bumper) - Suzuki (halfwall)
Drouin (goal line)
Petry

KK (halfwall) - Gally - Hoffman
Armia
Romanov/Wideman

PK

Evans - Armia
Edmundson - Savard

Poehling - Byron/Lehk
Chiarot - Romanov

Suzuki - Toffoli

This what I expect with lineup as it is

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak/Schwartz-Toffoli
Armia-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Evans-Byron
Paquette
Poehling

Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Savard
Chiarot-Kulak
Wideman
Brook

Drouin + picks for Dvorak or Schwartz. Give Drouin a reboot far away from the spotlight.

TeacherMan

Mar 10, 2017
Doesn’t matter the order you write this but that Evans line is line #3 and the KK line is number 2

I wrote in that way based on what I think their ice-time will be at even strength. There's no way our coaching staff gives KK more minutes than Evans at even strength.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Drouin - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Hoffman - Evans - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Byron - Armia
Perreault, Paquette, Poehling (AHL)

Evans sticks out as a bit of a weak spot, but he is a smart player and he keeps impressing. If there is no signing or trade to fill the hole (I think there will), it could potentially work out.

The 4th line is a melting pot really. I think Lehkonen deserves a spot over Byron on the wings, but having Byron as 13th fwd is expensive. I could see him traded, but if that can't be done, maybe he could play center as he has done some times in the past. I'm intrigued by a potential grinding line of Paquette-Poehling-Armia, but I doubt we will see it much or at all this year.

Edmunson - Petry
Chiarot - Savard
Romanov - Wideman
Kulak

Defense is a weak spot this year. At least we have many prospects to hope for a better scenario soon, but it will not be very exciting this year. At the very least it will be tough and may be able to replicate some of the successes of the last playoffs.

Price
Allen

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal

Lehkonen Evans Gallagher
Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Byron Paquette Armia

Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Savard
Kulak Romanov

lets give gally the summer to recover from all his body had to endure this season before call him out. he as always find ways of putting himself on the scoreboard. I expect the same this time around again.

Reactions: TeacherMan

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I think we'll sign Gauthier and Demers and we're set.

Anderson suzuki caufield
Paquette gauthier perreault (french connection)
Drouin kk toffoli
Hoffman evans armia

Edmundson petry
Chiarot savard
Romanov demers

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak/Schwartz-Toffoli
Armia-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Evans-Byron
Paquette
Poehling

Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Savard
Chiarot-Kulak
Wideman
Brook

Drouin + picks for Dvorak or Schwartz. Give Drouin a reboot far away from the spotlight.

Schartz is a winger, was UFA (we didnt sign him) and has a horrible contract

3 strikes you're out

Reactions: Redux91

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I think we'll sign Gauthier and Demers and we're set.

Anderson suzuki caufield
Paquette gauthier perreault (french connection)
Drouin kk toffoli
Hoffman evans armia

Edmundson petry
Chiarot savard
Romanov demers
Your french connection line would provide 5 goals per year. Hoffman on the 4th?
And please no Gauthier nor Demers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad