I would go with

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Drouin- Toffoli
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Perreault - Evans - Armia

Edmundston - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Widesman

I still feel we need another top 9 center and a top 4 defenseman. But Bergevin is not ready to trade away in order for us ton get these type of players.
Drouin playing centre?? Another disaster waiting to happen

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
there is no way this team is starting the season with suzuki, kk and evans as their top 3 centers.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
there is no way this team is starting the season with suzuki, kk and evans as their top 3 centers.

146706443.0.jpg

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I would give Drouin a bit of time with Suz and Caufield to see if he could create some offense with those two studs

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-KK-Gallagher
Toffoli-X-Anderson
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

well it's pretty much time to see what we have with KK in our top 6.

No harm in seeing what Evans can do at the 3 spot.

I think Poehling's close to the point where he'll likely start the season in Laval but end the season as a Hab.

So many of us want to give the kids a chance. Well it looks like barring any moves they're going to get it.

I'm fine either way. Let the kids play or make a move for another bonafide top 6 C.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We're going to get destroyed in this division if we go into the season with these centres and this defence.

Which would be great. Getting a high pick next year could really solidify our young core going forward.

Or KK and Evans show another gear and we actually have a rock solid forward group.

The D is still pretty middling but potentially can have 3 solid pairs which seems like ages ago since we've had that. Who knows how good Romanov will be next year. If he can find a way to get into the top 4, it might not be that bad at all really. And again, if it is...great!

If this is the roster they go with, I'm fine with it. Sink or swim with the kids playing key roles. Get a high pick or we potentially see the beginnings of a new Cup window. It all sounds great to me.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Anderson Suzuki CC
Drouin KK Toffoli
Hoffman Gallagher Armia
Lehkonen Evans Perreault
Poehling

Edmundson Petry
Romanov Savard
Chiarot wiseman
Kulak

We lot of winger the only Question is 2/3 C…
Not sure if Gallagher has enough speed to play C… I could see Armia have the quality to play 3rd C, but I’m not sure about the faceoff… One guy that always seem to win faceoff even if only come in when the 1st C as been thrown out is Anderson but I can’t see him being a center… there might Drouin who I’m pretty sure had better better underlying stats than Domi but that isn’t a 3rd C… There always Evans or Poehling who could step up.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Anderson Suzuki CC
Drouin KK Toffoli
Hoffman Gallagher Armia
Lehkonen Evans Perreault
Poehling

Edmundson Petry
Romanov Savard
Chiarot wiseman
Kulak

We lot of winger the only Question is 2/3 C…
Not sure if Gallagher has enough speed to play C… I could see Armia have the quality to play 3rd C, but I’m not sure about the faceoff… One guy that always seem to win faceoff even if only come in when the 1st C as been thrown out is Anderson but I can’t see him being a center… there might Drouin who I’m pretty sure had better better underlying stats than Domi but that isn’t a 3rd C… There always Evans or Poehling who could step up.
lol
Gally as 3rd C...
Drouin as C is funny but suggesting Gally as 3rd C is just hilarious.
Sorry bud.
I bet he could learn how to win draws in 1 offseason.. And that's just the tip off the ice..
:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
We're going to get destroyed in this division if we go into the season with these centres and this defence.
What can I say? People here wanted Danault gone so bad. Now he left and nobody to replace him. And it's gonnna be in the Atlatic division. What will happen? Habs getting beaten so badly and the youth experience the bad side of a hockey carreer. Just check this board after losses, ouch.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
From current players

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - KK - Toffoli
Hoffman - Poehling - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia

OR Evans to 3C, and Byron to 4C

I think Drouin would do well on the Suzuki line, but we have almost all shooters and Drouin and Suzuki are our best two playmakers (with CC maybe being 3rd best?), we need to spread them out.

If we actually go with Poehling at 3C I would consider swapping Hoffman and Anderson to insulate Poehling a little more. It would also be nice if Suzuki had a RH sniper AND a LH sniper on his line.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Anderson on top6:
tenor.gif

Anderson on first line:

There's no words or picture to describe the dumbness.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I think the only hard and fast rules in terms of line combinations would be that you would want to have Hoffman and Caufield on separate lines and that initially Suzuki should play with Caufield. Gallagher also deserves a chance to start in the top-6.

My lines would probably be
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Evans - Anderson
Lehkonen - Paquette - Armia

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
well it's pretty much time to see what we have with KK in our top 6.

No harm in seeing what Evans can do at the 3 spot.

I think Poehling's close to the point where he'll likely start the season in Laval but end the season as a Hab.

So many of us want to give the kids a chance. Well it looks like barring any moves they're going to get it.

I'm fine either way. Let the kids play or make a move for another bonafide top 6 C.
This season is going to be a disaster anyway. Pkay em and see what you have...lose and get a good pick, and know what you have. Win and thumbs up on cheap players playing well

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I think the only hard and fast rules in terms of line combinations would be that you would want to have Hoffman and Caufield on separate lines and that initially Suzuki should play with Caufield. Gallagher also deserves a chance to start in the top-6.

My lines would probably be
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Evans - Anderson
Lehkonen - Paquette - Armia
Yikes expensive 3rd line, evans does help offset its cost some

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
why?? He could be better surrounded than the last time. I would give him a second chance at centre. He could build chemistry with Toffoli and Hoffman
Noooooo. He would get eaten alive by the media or they would soft glove him ridiculously.

We have been down this path. Ill pass hard on this idea. Move him and abpick and get a quality french player, if need be. No way should we put him back at center.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
lol
Gally as 3rd C...
Drouin as C is funny but suggesting Gally as 3rd C is just hilarious.
Sorry bud.
I bet he could learn how to win draws in 1 offseason.. And that's just the tip off the ice..
:sarcasm:

Hey, Gallagher had a better faceoff percentage than Danault last year:sarcasm:

But seriously, Gallagher's play-style doesn't really mesh with the Center position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad