Line Combos: 2021-22 lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Niku as a two-way contract. Wideman, only NHL. As for Pezzeta and Vejdemo, Habs have signed vets like Perreault and Paquette to fill these roles and they have Poehling who needs to go thru waivers.

One way or two way, both Niku/Wideman would need to go through waivers to be sent to AHL, neither guaranteed spots IMO. Poehling doesn't have to go through waivers yet, this is the last year where he can be sent down without it.

Jul 6, 2016
Gally shouldn't be making 6.5M but that's besides point. It's temporary until Hoffman returns from injury, hopefully he isn't the pouty type. Suzuki/Caufield duo was all the offense Montreal was getting during cup run, think it's better to give it a chance during regular season too.

Problem is Habs have 6 or 7 capable wingers able to play on their top-9 (that includes Armia.... and we could add Lehkonen sometimes). They lack a reliable, productive 3rd line centerman.

Jul 6, 2016
One way or two way, both Niku/Wideman would need to go through waivers to be sent to AHL, neither guaranteed spots IMO. Poehling doesn't have to go through waivers yet, this is the last year where he can be sent down without it.

Yes, he has to.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
He didn't play that bad yesterday, I just think he was overrated this offseason because they healthy scratch KK for him at the end but he was always nothing more then a 4th line C last season. He doesn't have the offensive tools to be on the 3rd line C in the way we want to play (with 3 Offensive line).

I agree the expectations for him are a bit high, but I was more disappointed with his defensive carelessness last night. Again, hopefully it's just rust.

Reactions: Vachon23

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Problem is Habs have 6 or 7 capable wingers able to play on their top-9 (that includes Armia.... and we could add Lehkonen sometimes). They lack a reliable, productive 3rd line centerman.

You can't say they lack this player when Evans will very likely be exactly that player.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I agree... it's a pickle. Maybe Guhle has a legit chance to make the team. Unless Niku or Wideman are substantially better than Petry and Romy on the PP I don't see the point...

Guhle may be able to beat out Kulak, and Niku and Wideman.

But it's a good point many have made that he could probably better develop his offensive game in Junior.

So do you sacrifice longterm gain for short term gain? If that is the tradeoff, I don't.

Reactions: WinterLion and Wats

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

But it's a good point many have made that he could probably better develop his offensive game in Junior.

So do you sacrifice longterm gain for short term gain? If that is the tradeoff, I don't.

And I don't think Guhle would be that better then Kulak this year, so it's not that much a sort term gain for what you could lost

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And I don't think Guhle would be that better then Kulak this year, so it's not that much a sort term gain for what you could lost

I haven't seen enough of Guhle to have an opinion either way.

Last night reminded me of when we first brought Subban pullup. The coaches couldn't keep him off the ice. He just would impact the game from the get go. Mind you, that was at the NHL level, and That was after Subban had gone back to Junior for 2 full seasons after his draft and was getting called up towards the end of a year innthe AHL.

Reactions: Miller Time

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Last night reminded me of when we first brought Subban pullup. The coaches couldn't keep him off the ice. He just would impact the game from the get go. Mind you, that was at the NHL level, and That was after Subban had gone back to Junior for 2 full seasons after his draft and was getting called up towards the end of a year innthe AHL.
Yes he look very good yesterday. I'm just not sure playing 15 minutes by game on a 3rd pair is the best thing for is development considering the fact that Guhle only played 10 games last year. If he played a complete season last year and he was named the best D in the WHL, I would probably agree that it could be a good thing to see him make the team, but look at how good it work to let Caufield and Suzuki dominate there league before letting them make the team.

Reactions: 26Mats

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Don't think he be that though, He can be reliable enough to be on the 3rd and he won't hurt you but I don't think he can produce offensively enough

We will have to wait and see but I think he is very capable of putting up close to 30 points which is very good for a 3rd liner with no PP time. He has good hands and has great vision with high IQ and strong passing skills. He was protected becuase the team believes that he is a legitimate 3rd line center. I believe has has the potential to be top tier player in this role.

Reactions: 26Mats

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

short of forcing the issue as a clear-cut top-4 player this year (which does not appear likely), no need or reason to keep Guhle in the NHL this season. Another year of Junior to get comfortable in a dominant role/keep working on his overall tools without the pressure & demands of NHL life, should only help him excel further once he cracks the roster.

Reactions: Vachon23

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Niku/Wideman? I would have to say Wideman Like what he brings to the power play as well as puck moving ability. Has the ability to set people up with unselfish play I would have to go with the more mature option for this season.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

I agree he needs more time not worth rushing him at this point. Wideman will be dependable for the year.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Hoffman took way too long to get going with the Blues. Not sure how much how he is going to blend with the team - no chemistry at all with any of the Blues players.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We will have to wait and see but I think he is very capable of putting up close to 30 points which is very good for a 3rd liner with no PP time. He has good hands and has great vision with high IQ and strong passing skills. He was protected becuase the team believes that he is a legitimate 3rd line center. I believe has has the potential to be top tier player in this role.
Yes but with our style of play where we will role the 9 and we don't have an elite PPG #1 C, you need your 3c to produce at least 30 if not 35 pts + not 25-30 like Evans could probably bring. In the best scenario, Evans is the C of the checking line.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Niku/Wideman? I would have to say Wideman Like what he brings to the power play as well as puck moving ability. Has the ability to set people up with unselfish play I would have to go with the more mature option for this season.
We will need to see Niku 1st and see how Wideman play with an NHL partner and facing NHLer before being able to answer that question

I agree... it's a pickle. Maybe Guhle has a legit chance to make the team. Unless Niku or Wideman are substantially better than Petry and Romy on the PP I don't see the point...

If one of those 2 make the team, they will be on the PP before Romanov

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yes but with our style of play where we will role the 9 and we don't have an elite PPG #1 C, you need your 3c to produce at least 30 if not 35 pts + not 25-30 like Evans could probably bring. In the best scenario, Evans is the C of the checking line.

I would not be surprised at all to see Suzuki around 80 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad