Speculation: 2021-22 LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster discussion part IV Playoffs? I Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can say with confidence the one thing he WONT be doing is that bullshit no agility toedrag/triangle attack under the stick move without getting launched into the third row

He seemed content in that video just to take the big ice that was given to him but to his credit he also seems to improvise well under pressure and in tight spaces so NHL ice might actually be good for him

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
So question people.
Are in a fantasy league which started out with teams from real life.
Lias Andersson is an RFA. Another team offered 3x$1.75M
Should I take the 3rd pick and run, or match it?

I'm very torn on him because how open the roster spot competition is in LA at the moment.
And quite a bigger pay than real life.

I have a hard time seeing him being a regular given the signings and trades they have made.

In regards to Dustin Brown, I would pair him with Danault and Arvidsson with Kopitar. No question.
Danault gonna take over plenty of defensive tasks Kopitar had to do, and he will do it well.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So question people.
Are in a fantasy league which started out with teams from real life.
Lias Andersson is an RFA. Another team offered 3x$1.75M
Should I take the 3rd pick and run, or match it?

I'm very torn on him because how open the roster spot competition is in LA at the moment.
And quite a bigger pay than real life.

I have a hard time seeing him being a regular given the signings and trades they have made.

In regards to Dustin Brown, I would pair him with Danault and Arvidsson with Kopitar. No question.
Danault gonna take over plenty of defensive tasks Kopitar had to do, and he will do it well.

I'd rather have Andersson at 3 x $1.75 than a third.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I'd rather have Andersson at 3 x $1.75 than a third.
So there is quite a big chance he will take the 3rd line spot then.
As he can't go through waivers anymore.

Deal is expensive if he ends up waived and buried (or picked up elsewhere, which is rather unlikely).

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So there is quite a big chance he will take the 3rd line spot then.
As he can't go through waivers anymore.

Deal is expensive if he ends up waived and buried (or picked up elsewhere, which is rather unlikely).

He was protected in expansion draft for a reason. Granted, points are hard to project with LA. But he should be in the bottom-9 regularly.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Two things:

1. If you’re at the first game of the season, bring a pizza down to ice level at warmups and see if Danault will give you a puck for it.

2. God I hope the reverse retros come back somehow, or that our mains return to forum blue and gold.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
David Pagnotta was saying based on what he's heard he expects it to hit 100 million in the next 4 years.

That new TV deal and the return of fans will surely help push the cap up, and if the cap does get to that level in four years, then we should expect to see a pretty massive contract heading towards Leon Draisaitl's way when he becomes a UFA.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Some fodder for discussion here from a polarizing writer. Looks like some spreadsheet calculates the Kings as one of the most improved teams this offseason.

9313D870-DADD-4900-BFB6-DECBF698D1F5.jpeg

If I’m reading that correctly, the Kings have added between 3-4 wins over last season. Is that right, $15M spent would result in 6-8 additional points?

If so, based on last season’s 72 point pace, we might see an 80 point team this year. I guess that’d be an improvement, technically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad