Speculation: 2021-22 LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster discussion part IV Playoffs? I Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
‎The Bannermen: LA Kings Podcast on Apple Podcasts

I wanted to share a link to my favorite Kings podcast. I appreciate their logic and enjoy it over a bunch of other good ones. It’s is stripped down. I’ve only started to listen since this most recent season. And they haven’t had any guests afaik. And they don’t have any ads so far.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
that's a bit of a sweetheart deal for lias isn't it? feel like he could've told the team to pound sand much less accepted a 2-way

that really helps out the team in flexibility

According to CapFriendly. Lias would have to clear waivers in order to be assigned to Ontario. Can’t see the Kings taking that risk with him. Wagner on the other hand…

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I really like the potential of analytics and measurement of past performances. But a raw predictive application does it a disservice, in my opinion.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

I really like the potential of analytics and measurement of past performances. But a raw predictive application does it a disservice, in my opinion.

With the obligatory anything could happen comment out of the way, I really struggle to see Philadelphia of all teams winning the Metro division. I also think Buffalo will, without a doubt, be the worst team in the league next season. Perhaps Anaheim can give them a run for their money. I also just really struggle to see Seattle, with their 1C Yanni Gourde (right...) injured for a good chunk of the season, performing that well out of the gate.

I'm optimistic about LA battling for a playoff spot.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I can't imagine Seattle being that good.

In the Pacific I think the top 2 spots will be Vegas/Edmonton and the bottom 2 spots will be SJ/Anaheim. The middle 4 sports are wide open.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I can't imagine Seattle being that good.

In the Pacific I think the top 2 spots will be Vegas/Edmonton and the bottom 2 spots will be SJ/Anaheim. The middle 4 sports are wide open.

The Ducks score less than us. Even with the rookies coming in, they still have problems, and how many injuries will Gibson have this year.? SJ won't feast on us again now that jones is gone, so you can subtract a good portion of the 12 points they got on us last year.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Yeah, WAR is good for some things but adding up a bunch of stuff and predicting finishes isn't one of them. I don't buy that two borderline playoff teams (PHI, NYR) finish 1 & 2 in their division. I don't think Boston hits 100 points this year, but that's debatable.

I also don't think that SJ finishes in front of the Kings, Washington, Nashville, and the Islanders all miss the playoffs, and Seattle and Calgary go 2 & 3 in the Pacific. Calgary's off-season has been terrible, and they were barely better than Ottawa last year in a shit division. They lost Gio and their additions were Coleman and Zadorov. I'm pretty sure they think they are going to trade for Eichel and become instant contenders, however.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I also think San Jose will be a little better than last season.

Maybe, but Bonino, Reimer, and Cogliano don't really strike fear into the opposition. How well they do depends on how much further deterioration we see from Karlsson, Burns, and Vlasic, and if Hertl stays healthy. I guess they could try Bonino at center, Couture has been poor since he has moved there.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA

Pretty sure his chart prior to free agency had the kings finishing with 84 points. How the hell do they only add 2 points after adding both Edler and Danault?!

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
I think Vancouver has an air of desperation surrounding the team given their recent moves. Also, Edler seems to have wanted a change of scenery rather than resigning with the only team he has ever played for. We should be able to be competitive with them.

Reactions: LAKings88

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
I also think Buffalo will, without a doubt, be the worst team in the league next season. Perhaps Anaheim can give them a run for their money.

Nay, Arizona will be the last one. Their roster is already bad and after trade deadline it will be a really, really bad.

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
‎The Bannermen: LA Kings Podcast on Apple Podcasts

I wanted to share a link to my favorite Kings podcast. I appreciate their logic and enjoy it over a bunch of other good ones. It’s is stripped down. I’ve only started to listen since this most recent season. And they haven’t had any guests afaik. And they don’t have any ads so far.

I tried listening to these guys on your suggestion above...started with the Danault episode. I don't know, I don't get the impression they have a very good pulse on the team...for one, they claimed they had never heard the name Danault being a possible player the Kings would go after yet I remember hearing that during the Canadians playoff run last season. They whined about not getting better players during free agency, whined about the 'kids' not having automatic roster spots...quite honestly, they sounded like some of the uneducated fans I read on this board.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I tried listening to these guys on your suggestion above...started with the Daneult episode. I don't know, I don't get the impression they have a very good pulse on the team...for one, they claimed they had never heard the name Daneult being a possible player the Kings would go after yet I remember hearing that during the Canadians playoff run last season. They whined about not getting better players during free agency, whined about the 'kids' not having automatic roster spots...quite honestly, they sounded like some of the uneducated fans I read on this board.

I will probably still try to listen more when I can focus and give them a chance. I've only listened for 10 mins.

So far my feeling is it's a different perspective, but I'm lukewarm at best so far. Thank you for putting to words my gut reaction.

Did they talk about the expansion draft or NHL Entry draft at all?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

somebody needs to inform the 'WAR roster' that the Flyers have 2 huge question marks in goal (what else is new) and Risty on d, who is awfu L(as is braun)
no way they land in first place, I have them 5th/6th. AV is a terrible coach, players complained, Fletcher decided 'changes' needed and moved in 'veterans' to help in the room. Which may or may not work out.
Changes nothing, AV still sucks and they are in a competitive division. Isles, Rangers, Canes, Caps, and perhaps Devils (who have goaltending) better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->