Speculation: 2021-22 Kraken Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
And there goes the only notable player that is even worth considering offering a fat contract for.

Love to see Francis' galaxy brain at work.

Cant wait for us to sign Schwartz to a 8yr/7m contract

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
And there goes the only notable player that is even worth considering offering a fat contract for.

Love to see Francis' galaxy brain at work.

Cant wait to we finally reach the cap floor by offering Schwartz a 8yr/7m contract.

umm We can't offer schwartz 8 years.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I’m well aware of how LTIR works. Seabrook’s LTIR status didn’t exempt him from the cap is all I’m saying. Off-season moves and flexibility are greatly diminished by having LTIR players on your team.
I don't think TB planned to add any significant players considering Point is RFA after the season. I think they;ve got enough room to sign the RFAs and find a backup goalie.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
we cant or we shouldnt?

I legit dont know. Im just shit posting cause I already want Francis gone.

We can only offer 8years during our exclusive window that window has passed.

Good god... its been 6 days of having a roster. You can't just kick out a GM only after 6 days of having actually players... YOu can't judge a GM that soon...

Seriously...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You actually think Landy was gonna walk. I had him staying the entire time. We had our chance to convince him to com here and we didn't want to basically do at least 8x8 to even attempt to convince him.
I was 50/50. Not to Seattle though.

I never underestimate the stupidity of NHL GMs. There will be at least a couple of deals tomorrow that will leave you shaking your head. Every freakin year...

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I was 50/50. Not to Seattle though.

I never underestimate the stupidity of NHL GMs. There will be at least a couple of deals tomorrow that will leave you shaking your head. Every freakin year...

Here's the problem the moment landy walks he loses a year more to his contract.

BeniersIsKraken

2022-23 Adopted Kraken: Matty Beniers
Jul 24, 2021
I don't think TB planned to add any significant players considering Point is RFA after the season. I think they;ve got enough room to sign the RFAs and find a backup goalie.

I’m speaking from the perspective of Chicago. They were already well over the 10% allowed to teams in the off-season with Seabrook and Shaw counting towards that until the season started. By trading Seabrook, they not only saved 2 mil in salaries from going to TJ, they also ensured they’re closer to within the 10% max of the cap they’re allowed to exceed before accounting for LTIR when the season starts.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
But if he gets $1M more per year from a different team then it's a wash.

Yea 7x8m mean you have to eat another m of cap space in a flat cap situation. 8x7 you spread that 1m of cap space in its own separate year.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I’m speaking from the perspective of Chicago. They were already well over the 10% allowed to teams in the off-season with Seabrook and Shaw counting towards that until the season started. By trading Seabrook, they not only saved 2 mil in salaries from going to TJ, they also ensured they’re closer to within the 10% max of the cap they’re allowed to exceed before accounting for LTIR when the season starts.
According to CapFriendly, LTIR applies to the offseason as well. It's a part of the CBA I really haven't dug into because it's not worth my time. Anyways, according to capFriendly:

Can LTIR be used in the off-season?

Yes, LTIR can be used in the off-season while the 10% off-season cushion is active. LTIR in the off-season is calculated using the basic equation outlined above, which permits a team to exceed the off-season salary cap. To use off-season LTIR the team must provide doctors proof that the player in question will continue to be injured at the beginning of the regular season for 10 NHL games and 24 calendar days.

At the start of the season the teams LTIR relief & ACSL is recalculated when the 10% cushion is removed.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
You actually think Landy was gonna walk. I had him staying the entire time. We had our chance to convince him to com here and we didn't want to basically do at least 8x8 to even attempt to convince him.
I guess it was a tough sell for Seattle,hope Colorado chokes on it

BeniersIsKraken

Jul 24, 2021
According to CapFriendly, LTIR applies to the offseason as well. It's a part of the CBA I really haven't dug into because it's not worth my time. Anyways, according to capFriendly:

Can LTIR be used in the off-season?

Yes, LTIR can be used in the off-season while the 10% off-season cushion is active. LTIR in the off-season is calculated using the basic equation outlined above, which permits a team to exceed the off-season salary cap. To use off-season LTIR the team must provide doctors proof that the player in question will continue to be injured at the beginning of the regular season for 10 NHL games and 24 calendar days.

At the start of the season the teams LTIR relief & ACSL is recalculated when the 10% cushion is removed.

Yes but those salaries still count against the 10% you’re allowed lmao

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Ok. So Tampa… what are they going to do. After the move, 1.1m over the cap with 7 players needing to be signed. Is Seattle queued up to do something about it or is Arizona going to keep taking players for nothing. What a crazy time.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Can’t link sports net due to being on my phone and being an idiot, but Friedman has Seattle alone linked to Wennberg and Schwartz. Also with Vegas and Ottawa for Strome. That’s some good shit right there. Not that these are new, but I’m liking these a lot. Bring em.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Ok. So Tampa… what are they going to do. After the move, 1.1m over the cap with 7 players needing to be signed. Is Seattle queued up to do something about it or is Arizona going to keep taking players for nothing. What a crazy time.

Tampa is plenty under the cap now. They have space to sign their guy, a backup goalie, and get a cup chaser or two.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Why did the Kraken use their expansion picks on UFAs such as Driedger, Larsson, Oleksiak??

If you had an agreement on an extension anyway, and you trust the players to not break their word, you could've used those picks on other players (e.g. Acciari, Vatrano, Gudas, Khaira, Hanley, perhaps take a chance on Bishop). Yes I know those are hardly star name, but that's what they said about Vegas... You never know.

And then you sign those other guys on the 28th if you trust them that they're committed to signing with your franchise

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Why did the Kraken use their expansion picks on UFAs such as Driedger, Larsson, Oleksiak??

If you had an agreement on an extension anyway, and you trust the players to not break their word, you could've used those picks on other players (e.g. Acciari, Vatrano, Gudas, Khaira, Hanley, perhaps take a chance on Bishop). Yes I know those are hardly star name, but that's what they said about Vegas... You never know.

And then you sign those other guys on the 28th if you trust them that they're committed to signing with your franchise

I think the only answer is that GMRF did not want to take the chance of letting them get to today and he wanted to get a couple signings up front. Or to answer your questions more directly he didn't trust a verbal agreement. Don't know that I agree with him but I think I understand.

BeniersIsKraken

Jul 24, 2021
Regardless of what happens today, it’s going to be exciting. Less than 5 hours until the frenzy starts :popcorn:

I’m predicting two signings for us today, anyone else predicting more or less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia