2021-22 FPHL Season Thread

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
As far as I'm concerned, that seems to be the design. The team is likely going to be propped up just to make travel easier for some of the other teams not from the area, especially after Bloomington fell through.

And that includes those teams getting wins.
BRING BACK THE RUMBLE BEES YOU COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1649299031892.jpg

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
A rare milestone (vs. headstone) news item for the FPHL ...

FORD MAKES HISTORY AS THUNDERBIRDS OUTLAST DELAWARE

April 6, 2022
by Dillon Clark

Winston-Salem, NC – The Carolina Thunderbirds picked up their third straight victory on Wednesday night, 3-2 against the Delaware Thunder. Carolina goaltender Brandon Brown picked up his first FPHL win with 33 saves. ...

Tommy Cardinal had assists in both games against Danbury last weekend, but had been searching for a goal since March 26th. He snapped the slight goal draught midway through the second period. Catching a pass from Gus Ford, Cardinal snapped a wrist shot past Harney from the high slot to open the score. Later, Carolina had a long powerplay after Brayden Dale high-sticked Chase DiBari and drew blood. Gus Ford made Thunderbirds history on the powerplay, becoming the first 40 goal scorer in the team’s five-year history. ...​

Read more at:

Ratitude

May 2, 2020

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

FPHL Announces Year End Awards

April 11, 2022

Syracuse, NY - The Federal Prospects Hockey League Awards Committee convened recently to determine the recipients of the 2021 - 2022 seasonal awards. ...

2021 - 2022 FEDERAL PROSPECTS HOCKEY LEAGUE AWARDS

2021 - 2022 Most Valuable Player

Justin MacDonald
Watertown Wolves

2021 - 2022 Head Coach of the Year
Brent Clarke
Watertown Wolves

2021 - 2022 Rookie of the Year
Nikita Ivashkin
Binghamton Black Bears

2021 - 2022 Forward of the Year
Jonny Ruiz
Danbury Hat Tricks

Justin MacDonald
Watertown Wolves

Nikita Ivashkin
Binghamton Black Bears

2021 - 2022 Defenseman of the Year
Steve Brown
Danbury Hat Tricks

2021 - 2022 Defenseman of the Year
Kyle Powell
Binghamton Black Bears

2021 - 2022 Goaltender of the Year
Bailey MacBurnie
Columbus River Dragons

2021 - 2022 Founder's Award
Andreas Johansson
Watertown Wolves
Binghamton Black Bears

2021 - 2022 Founder's Award
Billy McCreary
Danbury Hat Tricks

2021 - 2022 Broadcaster of the Year
Rob Lippolis
Binghamton Black Bears

First Team All-Star Squad

Forwards

Justin MacDonald - Watertown
Jonny Ruiz - Danbury
Ryan Marker - Delaware

Defensemen
Steve Brown - Danbury
Kyle Powell - Binghamton

Goalie
Bailey MacBurnie - Columbus

Second Team All-Star Squad

Forwards

Josh Pietrantonio - Columbus
Tyler Gjurich - Binghamton
Austin Daae - Columbus

Defensemen
Alex Johnson - Port Huron
Ryan Devine - Watertown

Goalie
Chris Paulin - Carolina

Young Stars Squad

Forwards

Gus Ford - Carolina
Nikita Ivashkin - Binghamton
Alexander Jmaeff - Watertown

Defensemen
Josh Labelle - Watertown
Adam Vannelli - Columbus

Goalie
Owen Liskiewicz - Binghamton​

Reactions: sabremike

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
If you all have not been watching the playoff games, or at least following along, I recommend starting. This first round has been incredible with all four games so far decided by one goal and three of those going to OT. Last night, Danbury, on the brink of elimination, scored with 13 seconds left to tie the game and won it in OT. Deciding game 3 for that series against Binghamton is tonight and, like all Fed games, streams for free on YouTube.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Almost another one-goal game in Danbury on Wednesday night, until the Hat Tricks' Tommy Mele scored an ENG with seconds left for a 5-3 closer. With their first franchise playoff round victory on the books, Danbury will move on to face the #2 seed Columbus River Dragons.

BTW @Atlantian , I appreciated the ease of the FPHL/Danbury You Tube Channel "cast" feature for watching the game on my smart TV, but their camera work was mighty rough. You get what you pay for, I guess. :(

Reactions: Atlantian

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Almost another one-goal game in Danbury on Wednesday night, until the Hat Tricks' Tommy Mele scored an ENG with seconds left for a 5-3 closer. With their first franchise playoff round victory on the books, Danbury will move on to face the #2 seed Columbus River Dragons.

BTW @Atlantian , I appreciated the ease of the FPHL/Danbury You Tube Channel "cast" feature for watching the game on my smart TV, but their camera work was mighty rough. You get what you pay for, I guess. :(
Check out Binghamton's broadcast, pretty top notch. Comparable to most ECHL and AHL broadcasts. They run a good outfit over there. With Elmira in next year should be a good fit for the Fed next season.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Ironic thing is that the Trashers streaming broadcasts in the mid 2000's were superior to the Hat Tricks today back when the technology was in it's infancy. Anyone who followed the UHL back then always had our streaming broadcasts at or near the top of the league in terms of quality and reliability.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
According to the FPHL (and who would know better yet still delay a formal announcement?), here is the schedule for the 2022 Commissioner's Cup Finals best-of-3 championship series ...

Game #1: Watertown Wolves @ Columbus River Dragons, Friday April 29th, 7:30 p.m. EDT

Game #2: Columbus River Dragons @ Watertown Wolves, Sunday May 1st, 7:00 p.m. EDT

Game #3: Columbus River Dragons @ Watertown Wolves, Monday May 2nd, 6:30 p.m. EDT

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
According to the FPHL (and who would know better yet still delay a formal announcement?), here is the schedule for the 2022 Commissioner's Cup Finals best-of-3 championship series ...

Game #1: Watertown Wolves @ Columbus River Dragons, Friday April 29th, 7:30 p.m. EDT

Game #2: Columbus River Dragons @ Watertown Wolves, Sunday May 1st, 7:00 p.m. EDT

Game #3: Columbus River Dragons @ Watertown Wolves, Monday May 2nd, 6:30 p.m. EDT
Very exciting. Who could have seen this matchup coming?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad