2021-22 FPHL Season Thread

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Since Frescura is listed as a "Rookie" on the Prowlers' roster, I think that puts him in that nebulous "Prospects" category of the League. Makes me wonder whether those players are given any sort of medical support to recover from in-game injuries. Probably depends upon the laws in each each team's state of business. :dunno:
There are some players that need to reply entirely on their own personal insurance.

As for league insurance, you should ask Kyler Moje how this league/group supports player injuries:

Hockey league loses court appeal in player blindness case - TSN.ca

Also this is why the fphl exists instead of the fhl, it's the same circus...

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Was there any update on this? I know fphl players are treated as disposable at times but you never want to see this stuff

He has not played since, but past that I have not seen any update. At the time I did hear some third hand info from the paramedics on scene but I do not feel comfortable sharing that online. I really hope the kid is ok.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Really hesitant because 1) I didn't hear it directly and 2) I hate to spread rumors, especially something personal like health. I will just leave it at, it wasn't good, obviously. That was the reason for the post. Let's hope we see him back out there or if he chooses another path, that he is healthy.
I respect that.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Since Frescura is listed as a "Rookie" on the Prowlers' roster, I think that puts him in that nebulous "Prospects" category of the League. Makes me wonder whether those players are given any sort of medical support to recover from in-game injuries. Probably depends upon the laws in each each team's state of business. :dunno:

Legally, he's an employee, so any in-game injuries should be covered under worker's compensation laws. That said, who knows if Don the Con is current on the league's Worker's Comp insurance.

There are some players that need to reply entirely on their own personal insurance.

As for league insurance, you should ask Kyler Moje how this league/group supports player injuries:

Hockey league loses court appeal in player blindness case - TSN.ca

Also this is why the fphl exists instead of the fhl, it's the same circus...

It took Moje years to get paid. The FPHL finally settled the case after losing multiple appeals when both state and federal courts said that the league's "reorganization" was an illegal attempt to dodge liability.

Reactions: bleedblue94

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Legally, he's an employee, so any in-game injuries should be covered under worker's compensation laws. That said, who knows if Don the Con is current on the league's Worker's Comp insurance.

It took Moje years to get paid. The FPHL finally settled the case after losing multiple appeals when both state and federal courts said that the league's "reorganization" was an illegal attempt to dodge liability.
Anything that don is involved in is something I take serious pause on.

NEPA Ice

Mar 17, 2022
So I see that the Mississippi Sea Wolves website is linked on the FPHL site as a new team for 2022-2023. Any idea whether there are any other teams in the works? Is Elmira coming back?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So I see that the Mississippi Sea Wolves website is linked on the FPHL site as a new team for 2022-2023. Any idea whether there are any other teams in the works? Is Elmira coming back?
In January @Ratitude posted a link to an Elmira-local news article that indicated the FPHL would be returning to First Arena in Fall 2022. I've seen no updated to this.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
You know the old saying: It's never too late for breaking FPHL news ...

FPHL Announces 2022 Commissioner's Cup Playoff Format

February 17, 2022

Syracuse, NY - The Federal Prospects Hockey League (FPHL) has announced it’s 2022 Commissioner’s Cup playoff format today. Six teams will qualify for the postseason to vie for the championship.

Upon conclusion of the regular season, the top two teams in the standings will receive a bye to the semifinal round. The four teams seeded 3-6 will enter round one of the competition, with the team seeded third selecting their opponent for a best-of-3 series. The remaining two teams will be paired together in the other half of the round.

The first round of playoffs will be best-of-3 series, with the lower seeded team in each pairing hosting game 1, and game 2 (and 3, if necessary) being held at the higher seeded team’s arena.

The semifinal round will see the two winners of the first round and the top two teams by standings perform the same routine to determine pairing, where the team seeded #1 will have the option to select their opponent while the other two teams are paired together in the other semifinal. As with the previous round, the semifinal round is also a best-of-3 series.

The final two teams to remain will play in the Commissioner’s Cup finals. Due to the potential of long travel and ice availability, the Board of Governors, FPHL staff, and teams involved in the final will arrange the final series in either a best-of-5 or best-of-3 format with the cadence of games being dictated by the individual circumstances of each team.

The FPHL’s regular season ends on Saturday, April 16th, with the following weekend being slated for the first round’s best-of-3 series’.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This forum has been pretty dead. Here is what expansion is looking like for next season:
Biloxi, MS
Fraser, MI (Rockers name bought by new owners)
Elmira, NY (new ownership group, may be named the Mammoth(s))

Delaware is relocating. I had heard it was to Elmira, but I am not sure if that is still happening. Other six teams seem to be solid.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Here is what expansion is looking like for next season ...
Delaware is relocating. I had heard it was to Elmira, but I am not sure if that is still happening. Other six teams seem to be solid.
Wherever (if anywhere) the Thunder franchise is relocating, I'd insist as the receiving owner that all team history & any other official connection between the new & the old team be buried on Oak Island in Nova Scotia. Or toss it all in an active supervolcano of the League's choosing. Either location, as long as it's all irretrievable. :whatever:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
This forum has been pretty dead. Here is what expansion is looking like for next season:
Biloxi, MS
Fraser, MI (Rockers name bought by new owners)
Elmira, NY (new ownership group, may be named the Mammoth(s))

Has Biloxi ever been confirmed? They use the same website, all the signs point towards the Fed, but has there ever been an official announcement?

Fraser is going to be a hard sell. No one has ever done well in that arena or area, and the break even point for the Fed is still supposedly arounds 1,000 butts in seats every night.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I think Fraser can average at least 1000 butts in seats for at least the first season. Sadly, even though the branding is incredible, I do not see Fraser as a long term play

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Has Biloxi ever been confirmed? They use the same website, all the signs point towards the Fed, but has there ever been an official announcement?

Fraser is going to be a hard sell. No one has ever done well in that arena or area, and the break even point for the Fed is still supposedly arounds 1,000 butts in seats every night.
A little while ago. And there's even a section on the FPHL website main page that says "Newest Market" with the Sea Wolves logo and links to the team's website.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

Wolves Regular Season Champions

Just two more weeks left in the FPHL's regular season, with their playoffs to follow. Here are the current standings for those interested. For those disinterested, it's still here & I'm leaving it to y'all to deal with your emotions in an adult manner ...

1649033061006.png

• Haha

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Fraser, MI- another Battle Creek?
As far as I'm concerned, that seems to be the design. The team is likely going to be propped up just to make travel easier for some of the other teams not from the area, especially after Bloomington fell through.

And that includes those teams getting wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad