2021-22 FPHL Season Thread

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you think about it the FPHL is like the TNA/Impact of hockey in that it's amazing it's lasted this long when everyone thought it would end up like the countless leagues that came and went. Say what you want but if you think of all the leagues that have started in the last 25 years how many even reached a 5th season let alone a decade plus?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The first one seems at least 6 years too late for The Fed. And the post-game celly restrictions are unlikely to dissuade the boys from joining in ... :fight:
‐---------------------------------------
FPHL ANNOUNCES RULE CHANGES FOR 2021-22 SEASON

October 26, 2021 ...

Syracuse, NY - The Federal Prospects Hockey League has announced the following rule changes to the upcoming 2021-22 FPHL Season.

Under Rule 9 - Uniforms
9.6 Helmets
- All players of both teams must wear a helmet & visor of design, materials and construction approved by the league at all times while participating in the game, either on the playing surface or the player’s or penalty benches in the manner of which it was designed for. ...

Under Rule 70 – Unsportsmanlike Conduct
70.10 Post-Game
- Post game celebrations will not be allowed to take place until BOTH the opposing team and the officiating staff have completely left the ice surface. At that point the ice surface will be released to the control of the home team. Players that were previously ejected from the game may return to the ice to take part in the post-game activities. Any players that enter the ice surface (that were previously ejected) before the ice is released to the home team will receive an automatic 2nd game misconduct (Under Abuse of Officials) and be automatically suspended for the next game.

Any players that interact in an abusive manner in any way off the ice will still be assessed a game misconduct for abuse of officials. ...

Read the Rest at: FPHL ANNOUNCES RULE CHANGES FOR 2021-22 SEASON

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The Fed completed their first weekend of play in the 2021-22 season on Friday & Saturday. Current (and very early) standings are posted at bottom. I've got a few trivial observations ...

FPHL Standings (as of 31 October 2021).JPG

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Boy, I had to dig deep for THIS season thread ... but equal time is owed the Hockey F-Troops as January play ends ...

FPHL Standings (30 Jan 2022).JPG

Just one question leaps to mind ... There's still a Delaware Thunder??? :facepalm:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
"Ladies & gentlemen, please join me in giving a big, warm welcome to the newest FPHL team: The Atlanta Thunder!" :clap:

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Gotta make it challenging for the play by play announcers. Last night the Royals Dominic Cormier had several shots and a goal vs the Growlers Evan Cormier. Keeping the brand now PxP guy on his toes.

Reactions: Roadhog

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Gotta make it challenging for the play by play announcers. Last night the Royals Dominic Cormier had several shots and a goal vs the Growlers Evan Cormier. Keeping the brand now PxP guy on his toes.
Coming Next Season: Thunder v Thunder, each roster populated by unpronounceable French-Canadian surnames. :help:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
All this "Thunder" talk got me wondering whether there is actually a Delaware team in the FPHL, with an existent home arena & living breathing players on a certifiable roster who have hockey equipment suitable to protect them from pucks & body checks & opposing team fans. Has anyone here seen them play? Is "team owner" Charlie Pens a real person? Is the wiki article picture of Harrington, Delaware - Harrington, Delaware - Wikipedia - the mysterious "Thunderdome" that the team press releases refer to? :huh:

Last edited:

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
I've never seen them play, I live too far away to drive for FPHL level play. I do know that there is a rink at the State Fair Grounds, which is the "Thunderdome." One of the skating coaches where my daughter skates has worn a Thunder jersey, and says that they are a real team. Can't provide anymore confirmation than that, however!

Reactions: JMCx4

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Scary hit in the FPHL last night in Carolina (Winston-Salem). Zachary Frescura of Port Huron went awkwardly into the board from a hard hit. The game was paused for close to 30 minutes while he was attended to. I have no idea how he is doing but I sure hope he is doing well. I just searched and can't find any updates. I fear spinal injury, but let's hope not. Any updates are appreciated. Best wishes to Zach.

Edit:
Link to hit

Last edited:
Reactions: swansonsays

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
All this "Thunder" talk got me wondering whether there is actually a Delaware team in the FPHL, with an existent home arena & living breathing players on a certifiable roster who have hockey equipment suitable to protect them from pucks & body checks & opposing team fans. Has anyone here seen them play? Is "team owner" Charlie Pens a real person? Is the wiki article picture of Harrington, Delaware - Harrington, Delaware - Wikipedia - the mysterious "Thunderdome" that the team press releases refer to? :huh:
I know a guy who said he went to a game, and he was entertained. I have no reason to doubt him. OTOH there are lots of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, so maybe we should wait for first hand report. :DD

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Scary hit in the FPHL last night in Carolina (Winston-Salem). Zachary Frescura of Port Huron went awkwardly into the board from a hard hit. The game was paused for close to 30 minutes while he was attended to. I have no idea how he is doing but I sure hope he is doing well. I just searched and can't find any updates. I fear spinal injury, but let's hope not. Any updates are appreciated. Best wishes to Zach.

Edit:
Link to hit

Was there any update on this? I know fphl players are treated as disposable at times but you never want to see this stuff

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Was there any update on this? I know fphl players are treated as disposable at times but you never want to see this stuff
Since Frescura is listed as a "Rookie" on the Prowlers' roster, I think that puts him in that nebulous "Prospects" category of the League. Makes me wonder whether those players are given any sort of medical support to recover from in-game injuries. Probably depends upon the laws in each each team's state of business. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad