(2021-2022 Tendie thread) BOB and the KNIGHTed Goat

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I don't know any knight anymore guys. May have to rethink about his future. His mask just seems too generic to me, I'm worried.View attachment 465396
I don't understand why Florida Panther goalies can't have cool masks?
It's like Beezer had the coolest mask back in the day, and now everyone just doesn't try.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I don't understand why Florida Panther goalies can't have cool masks?
It's like Beezer had the coolest mask back in the day, and now everyone just doesn't try.
Definitely the logo change has something to do with it, making it harder for the goalies - sticking to the old logo would make things so much easier for a mask design

Reactions: pantherbot

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
I do think Knight is going to be great for the Panthers now and in the future. But we need to be careful with him. Look at how Hart has been for the Flyers since his first great season. He hasn’t been good. Yes he has been playing behind a bad team/defense but he has also let in a lot of soft goals. We just need to make sure we keep Knight’s confidence up and he should be good.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I do think Knight is going to be great for the Panthers now and in the future. But we need to be careful with him. Look at how Hart has been for the Flyers since his first great season. He hasn’t been good. Yes he has been playing behind a bad team/defense but he has also let in a lot of soft goals. We just need to make sure we keep Knight’s confidence up and he should be good.
He can learn from Bob what not to do…

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

Hart and Knight are on entirely different levels.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Yes but Knight is still only 20. You wanna make sure you don't overload him as much as you can. You start with Bob and see how far that can take you.
Exactly. There is absolutely no reason to rush him and give him the majority of the games. Our team showed that we do not need prime goaltending to get us into the POs. Let Bob carry the load during the regular season, and give Knight more games in the POs

Reactions: Dread Clawz

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Yes but Knight is still only 20. You wanna make sure you don't overload him as much as you can. You start with Bob and see how far that can take you.

Agreed. I certainly wasn't implying we should throw Knight into the fire, but the fact remains it's not a simple comparison from one to another. Hopefully Bob can get his shit together and give Knight a nice smooth entry into the NHL.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I think having Bob/Knight as the tandem makes a lot of sense to start the season and that's what I prefer, we don't know how Knight will handle a full load as such a young goalie and it's good to have Bob take some pressure off to start.

But if I had to make a prediction before the puck drops for the season...Bob/Knight will probably get 60/40 for the first maybe 20-30 games, then it'll go 50/50, and by the end of the season it'll flip to 60/40 Knight/Bob with Knight as our playoff starter. I'm not a Bob hater and I think he'll be better this season, but I just don't see him outplaying Knight in a tandem. I could see Knight end the year with 40-50 games played and I'm going to guess Knight ends up at least a Calder nominee this year.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
One game in the books and Bob was excellent tonight. He keeps playing like that, he's keeping his crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad