(2021-2022 Tendie thread) BOB and the KNIGHTed Goat

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Lol this isnt on Bruno. If anything it's on Knight, he demanded to be in the NHL and he clearly wasn't ready for it. It also caused Zito to not be able to get a real backup in the offseason. I wonder if they trade for Khudobin, have to move some cap out though. Knight will be fine though. He's 20, he has plenty of time to get his confidence back, he's got way too many tools not to turn into a good nhl goalie.
Absolutely nothing wrong with Knight getting a taste of NHL action. Absolutely something wrong with not signing a veteran this off season.

Reactions: harv33173

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Absolutely nothing wrong with Knight getting a taste of NHL action. Absolutely something wrong with not signing a veteran this off season.

There's nothing wrong with Knight getting a few games in at the end of last season. There is something wrong however with him basically demanding an nhl spot because he doesn't want to be blocked by the Bob contract, and not deferring his development to the expertise of our management. He basically screwed himself. I mean I still love the kid and think he'll turn out great, but this is in large part on him too. How is Zito supposed to sign a veteran? What nhl goalie would sign here knowing he was gonna play in the ahl? Zito got the best 3rd goalie he could find that would accept that role, Gibson. Guys like Elliott, Jones, Reimer feel they can still perform at the nhl level, and they clearly can.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
There's nothing wrong with Knight getting a few games in at the end of last season. There is something wrong however with him basically demanding an nhl spot because he doesn't want to be blocked by the Bob contract, and not deferring his development to the expertise of our management. He basically screwed himself. I mean I still love the kid and think he'll turn out great, but this is in large part on him too. How is Zito supposed to sign a veteran? What nhl goalie would sign here knowing he was gonna play in the ahl? Zito got the best 3rd goalie he could find that would accept that role, Gibson. Guys like Elliott, Jones, Reimer feel they can still perform at the nhl level, and they clearly can.
Source?

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Knight signed last year to burn a year of his ELC. Anything else is pure speculation.

Well where there is smoke there is fire. I also can't believe Zito, as smart as he is, would give a roster spot to a 20 year old goalie without his hand being forced, and not have any real #3 option behind that. I think Knight realizes now that he needs ahl time though, so maybe in a way this has all worked out for the best. It also gives us further depth in net for the playoffs if we go and acquire another goalie before the deadline.

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
He's 20. He's clearly just fighting it right now.

This isn't even remotely on Bruno. Knight should never have been the next man up this year. Zito chose to keep Knight in the NHL instead of signing a league minimum veteran like Elliot, Reimer, etc.

If Bob went down, did Zito seriously think a 20-year-old with 4 games experience could carry the load? Big miss on his part.

it’s not all on Bruno but leaving him in games when he’s getting lit up is. That’s definitely not helping his development.

Reactions: austropanther

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
it’s not all on Bruno but leaving him in games when he’s getting lit up is. That’s definitely not helping his development.

Eh, we don't know if he's been consulted by Lu and Allaire to do so, or not. It seems strange that he would leave him in for 8 goals otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad