Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
NHL level officiating tonight.

Sarge88, does your post mean "shitty?"

I hope so. I watched the game. I agree if your post is a joke, "that NHL level officiating mean terrible game calling by the refs." I saw that tonight.

I watch football, hockey, basketball, and some baseball, all at the professional league level. In my opinion, the officiating in all these sports at the Pro level is terrible and, at some times, completely unacceptable.

What are your thoughts Sarge? Thanks

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Sarge88, does your post mean "shitty?"

I hope so. I watched the game. I agree if your post is a joke, "that NHL level officiating mean terrible game calling by the refs." I saw that tonight.

I watch football, hockey, basketball, and some baseball, all at the professional league level. In my opinion, the officiating in all these sports at the Pro level is terrible and, at some times, completely unacceptable.

What are your thoughts Sarge? Thanks

Legitimately a terribly officiated game tonight.

I think the officiating in all sports needs to improve, however, if I'm giving a letter grade to the 4 majors, it's probably:

MLB B+/A-
NFL - B-/B
NBA - C/C+
NHL - C-/C

Of course they can all have games in the D/F range, but NHL and NBA seem to have more of those than the other, IMO.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'd prefer superstar calls not exist at all. Tatum complains too much but that's the league unfortunately.

47-30

Apr 1 vs. Indiana
Apr 3 vs. Washington
Apr 6 at Chicago
Apr 7 at Milwaukee
Apr 10 at Memphis

Who knows how every payoff team is going to handle the last few games but I could see them going 2-3 or 3-2. So let's say at best they finish 50-32. That will probably land them in 4th and avoid Brooklyn in the first round. However, if this happens there is a good chance they play Toronto in round one. And didn't Tatum/Brown just have to miss the game in Toronto because of not being vaccinated? Or was that some other reason? We could have an issue...

Again, this is why Canadian sports teams should be banned from playing home games.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd prefer superstar calls not exist at all. Tatum complains too much but that's the league unfortunately.

47-30

Apr 1 vs. Indiana
Apr 3 vs. Washington
Apr 6 at Chicago
Apr 7 at Milwaukee
Apr 10 at Memphis

Who knows how every payoff team is going to handle the last few games but I could see them going 2-3 or 3-2. So let's say at best they finish 50-32. That will probably land them in 4th and avoid Brooklyn in the first round. However, if this happens there is a good chance they play Toronto in round one. And didn't Tatum/Brown just have to miss the game in Toronto because of not being vaccinated? Or was that some other reason? We could have an issue...

Again, this is why Canadian sports teams should be banned from playing home games.

Fairly certain Tatum is vaxxed, wouldn’t shock me if Brown is not. That’s just going off what they have said publicly

Can’t afford to lose anybody for a couple playoff games over this

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Well if Brown is not then let's root for the 4/5 matchup against Chicago. That's probably the best path right now.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Legitimately a terribly officiated game tonight.

I think the officiating in all sports needs to improve, however, if I'm giving a letter grade to the four majors, it's probably:

MLB B+/A-
NFL - B-/B
NBA - C/C+
NHL - C-/C

Of course, they can all have games in the D/F range, but NHL and NBA seem to have more of those than the other, IMO.
Sarge that is an excellent grading evaluation. IMO Football is pretty good like you said, but when they have a stinker, it is awful. The other leagues are, in my opinion, about what you graded them.

I don't have an excuse for bad referring. I don't think the leagues do either. It is unacceptable for me for many reasons.

Reactions: sarge88

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
As far as I am concerned the Celtics turned the ball over too many times in the Heat game on 3/30. That is why they lost, IMO. I have been reading excuses today other than "bad turnovers," I can't agree. They must stop these bad turnovers.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Can't watch rn but uh that's a lot of points to give up to a shitty Indy team through 3. e: Indy scores more than I thought but still D needs to adapt without Timelord better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad