Celtics/NBA 2021-2022 Regular Season Part 2: Celts Raise #5 to Rafters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Solid effort by the B team. Much more competitive than I thought.

Good experience for the guys.

Needed a better play there. Grant was not prepared

Reactions: sarge88

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
That Old Raptor announcer cried entire game about refs now its all great.
Geez - how many times did he whine that the Raptors were playing 5 against 8. And you gotta love it when late in the 4th quarter after a couple of Raptors had fouled out how he kept saying that the Raptors were playing great despite losing 2 starters - the freaking Celtics played the entire game without 4 of their starters. Bah - I probably should have watched the game with the " mute " turned on. :thumbd:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Kyrie would be slightly more bearable if he weren't so determined to have everyone see him as one of the great thought leaders of the 21st century.

Just because you speak in complete sentences does not mean those sentences make sense.

Also, this is not "setting the record straight". This is a barely cohesive word salad in which he manages to contradict himself twice in three sentences.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Kyrie would be slightly more bearable if he weren't so determined to have everyone see him as one of the great thought leaders of the 21st century.

Just because you speak in complete sentences does not mean those sentences make sense.

Also, this is not "setting the record straight". This is a barely cohesive word salad in which he manages to contradict himself twice in three sentences.

So it was about taking a stand, but when New York made an exception for athletes and performers, he was happy to take advantage of that. What happened to standing up for the average person?

Someone should remind Kyrie that he wouldn't have gotten into Duke without basketball.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
If Robert Williams the Third wasn't so injury prone I wouldn't have bad thoughts. He has some special talent as a basketball player and the timing of losing that talent will hurt the Celtics unless someone else can step up. I thought we had some last night but then the ball losing play of Smart and Grant Williams. Nesmith needs experience. I just hope they stay relevant in the playoffs. I know it was only one game with Tatum and Brown out as well. Before, The Timelord, went down I was wondering when they would rest Horford for the playoffs. They still have that need but now it will be more difficult unless we can get some blowouts and he can sit the second half. Theis it is your turn.

Go Celtics

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If Robert Williams the Third wasn't so injury prone I wouldn't have bad thoughts. He has some special talent as a basketball player and the timing of losing that talent will hurt the Celtics unless someone else can step up. I thought we had some last night but then the ball losing play of Smart and Grant Williams. Nesmith needs experience. I just hope they stay relevant in the playoffs. I know it was only one game with Tatum and Brown out as well. Before, The Timelord, went down I was wondering when they would rest Horford for the playoffs. They still have that need but now it will be more difficult unless we can get some blowouts and he can sit the second half. Theis it is your turn.

Go Celtics
Williams will be back .Thought Ime was wrong last night letting Smart bring ball up floor cause he is a lousy dribbler but hey I am here on sofa to :) .Anyways Celts should focus on health rest the way .1st gets you Nets anyhow so thats no reward.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Williams will be back .Thought Ime was wrong last night letting Smart bring ball up floor cause he is a lousy dribbler but hey I am here on sofa to :) .Anyways Celts should focus on health the rest of the way .1st gets you Nets anyhow, so that's no reward.
Yeah, I am frustrated this happened, lying in bed instead of on the couch. Getting the Nets might not be a bad thing. Win, they are a great team. Lose, they lost to the Nets; what did you expect!

I am hoping they go all the way. I am set high expectations. Go Celtics.
Williams has always been a frustration for me. His being injury prone, slower to recover from injuries than the norm, his minutes played except this year, his offense except this year. If I were GM, I would not have resigned or extended his contract because of his risks, greater than others. That's why I am not a GM. Have a great day.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

With the advancement of knee surgeries over the past 15 years, the fact that he's young and in tip-top shape, and because of his "job" he can attack post-surgery PT in a way that most of us can't, I wouldn't be surprised if he's even a little ahead of that timetable.

Reactions: Mione134 and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad