Line Combos: 2021-2022 depth chart and lines projections

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The few posters "blaming" the fans are completely missing the point.

The people living in Ottawa are not the reason why we've committed $21M of our budget (36% of our current cap number!) this year to Nikita Zaitsev, Michael Del Zotto, Chris Tierney, Colin White and Matt Murray.

That depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go Dave.

Another 20M or so in ticket revenue could very well add up to an extra 1.5M in GM salary lol... Who knows, then maybe we'd have a GM signing Ladd type UFA deals.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The few posters "blaming" the fans are completely missing the point.

The people living in Ottawa are not the reason why we've committed $21M of our budget (36% of our current cap number!) this year to Nikita Zaitsev, Michael Del Zotto, Chris Tierney, Colin White and Matt Murray.

You are still missing the point - there is no list of middle 6 players who want to come here for $3x2 … or $5x5. They get more attractive offers from other cities.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Going back to junior even, just about everyone that plays with Batherson (removing the period of time in the NHL where we was still underdeveloped) tends to get a boost. Not Stone like boost, but a boost. Curious to see of Stutzle sees the same impact. TS's offensive upside is bigger than BT (whom I love, that wasn't a shot) so if those two click it could be a great line. I would actually prefer Pinto between them but I totally get that would be premature.

Reactions: Micklebot

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
When Tkachuk comes back, Sokolov returns to Belleville & Formenton replaces him at RW.

Formenton - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - Sokolov
Ennis - Paul - C. Brown
Sanford - Tierny - Watson

Reactions: Cosmix

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
When Tkachuk comes back, Sokolov returns to Belleville & Formenton replaces him at RW.

Formenton - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - Sokolov
Ennis - Paul - C. Brown
Sanford - Tierny - Watson

Was it Soko that got called up?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Was it Soko that got called up?
NO but they should. They won't call him up, they want him in Belleville for a while to work on whatever they think he needs to learn, likely defensive responsibilities.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
NO but they should. They won't call him up, they want him in Belleville for a while to work on whatever they think he needs to learn, likely defensive responsibilities.

Dang … I caught they called up someone from BVegas but didn’t catch who.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
imgpsh_fullsize_anim

latest roster

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Looks like we have 4 spots spoken for now, at least for opening night:

Chabot - Zub
XXX - Zaitsev
XXX - Holden

My guess is that the two spots go to Mete and Brannstrom. That said, I suspect unless we really get rolling early with a specific lineup, we are gonna see a lot of cycling in and out for those LD 2 & 3 and RD 3.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks that Del Zotto and Zaitsev have had the least impressive preseason of all the 8 remaining d?
It almost seems like we would be better off dressing Chabot-Zub, Brannstrom-Holden, Mete-J.Brown.

Maybe Del Zotto and Zaitsev are just taking it easy in preseason but those other 6 have looked better so far in my opinion.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Am I the only one who thinks that Del Zotto and Zaitsev have had the least impressive preseason of all the 8 remaining d?
It almost seems like we would be better off dressing Chabot-Zub, Brannstrom-Holden, Mete-J.Brown.

Maybe Del Zotto and Zaitsev are just taking it easy in preseason but those other 6 have looked better so far in my opinion.
I'd raise a glass to DJ if he had the balls to bench 6.5M of defensemen on a team skirting the lower limit of the salary cap to truly play the guys who had played best in camp.

He's done it before, White got benched to play Norris.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Zaitsev and J Brown have been the worst two for me.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

You are not the only one. Zaitsev and MDZ have looked like spare parts to me too.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Sounds like Watson is out long-term with an ankle injury.

This is the current alignment...

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
What the heck is happening. We are running out of players to use for opening night, nobody is going to be left healthy; also what happened to Pinto?

Reactions: SENStastic

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Sounds like Watson is out long-term with an ankle injury.

This is the current alignment...

Holy f*** what's up with these training camp injuries? This really sucks for Stone Cold Auston Watson, I hope it's not a long-term loss (as he was also on the shelf most of last season). I also hope this doesn't mean the return of...

5AH86cdOkDCSJoAPiwZHH_bXlS6x9iM9Z3TEeODTMQw.jpg

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'm Guessing
Chabot Zub
Mete Holden
MDZ/Brannstrom Zaitsev
Brown

This is closer to how I think it should go.

Reactions: Boud

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Brady out, Watson out … feels like Sabourin or Brown will be in the lineup.

Somebody needs to play who can fight ? Although maybe they sneak past the leafs..

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Zaitsev and J Brown have been the worst two for me.
I thought Josh Brown had looked more mobile and improved overall but he did have a few bad giveaways that one game. Have you liked Del Zotto's game or are you making more of a claim about how bad you think Zaitsev and Brown have looked?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad