Line Combos: 2021-2022 depth chart and lines projections

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
With or without Tkachuk I really prefer Jimmy with Pinto than Norris.
I don’t want Norris wondering what Jimmy’s going to do, and Pinto has probably already factored all the options in anyway.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Brann was really good the last game and average for the rest of camp.

Mete was good throughout camp and not good last game.

Brannstrom has more upside and better offensively, Mete is steadier and better defensively. Unless Brannstrom can continously play like he did last game they're pretty close.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Brannstrom has more upside and better offensively, Mete is steadier and better defensively. Unless Brannstrom can continously play like he did last game they're pretty close.

I think at best Mete can care take until the next pair gets on the ice where hopefully someone can make something happen

Brannstrom makes things happen

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I don’t think Mete has been very good this camp. He’s slipping.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
IMO we don’t need an overpaid Tkachuk to mess up our future upcoming contract extensions. If he signs a bridge deal, cool whatever trade him after year two. If he signs LT it can’t be greater than 8m. Regardless

Stutzle - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - Brown
Paul - Tierney - Ennis
Sanford - Belleville - Watson

Reactions: SENStastic

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Looks like they're down to at most 11 healthy forwards on the roster. Either they're bringing someone else in or Agozzino is getting waived so that he can be brought back and sent down later without having to clear waivers.

Assennayo!

I missed Sabourin not getting sent down. That leaves the team at 12 forwards. Their roster on their website is not close to being accurate.

assen na yo

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think at best Mete can care take until the next pair gets on the ice where hopefully someone can make something happen

Brannstrom makes things happen

Brannstrom can be very good on the PP; good at ES, but will get crippled in the playoffs.
Mete is ok at ES but will also get crippled in the playoffs.

We need better Dmen.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I’m not sure how I feel about Sabourin making the team, especially if it’s in response to last nights game. Leafs are a fantastic team, but they’re not exactly a team you need to keep tough guys in the lineup for. This is a team that’s gotten physically dominated 5 years in a row in the playoffs.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I’m not sure how I feel about Sabourin making the team, especially if it’s in response to last nights game. Leafs are a fantastic team, but they’re not exactly a team you need to keep tough guys in the lineup for. This is a team that’s gotten physically dominated 5 years in a row in the playoffs.

We play other teams too. Sanford appears to be on the team solely because he has a 1-way contract.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Best Dmen during camp IMO:

1. Chabot
2. Zub
3. Holden
4. Brannstrom
5. Mete
6. Zaitsev
7. Brown
8. MDZ
Chabot had a very underwhelming camp in my opinion. Obviously number 1 d man but I hope he brings more urgency to the real season.

Agreed on Holden, Zub Brann and Mete. Overall I thought Brown was the worst by a substantial margin. Thought Zaitsev was pretty bad too. Seems like whoever he played with struggled. Didn't love MDZ's game either. Thought he was definitely bottom 3 but I thought Brown and Zaitsev were worse.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Formenton-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Brown
Ennis-Tierney-Paul
Sanford-Shaw-Sabourin

Not exact lines obviously but based on today's move I think this is the lineup pending any waiver claims and/or Brady signing last minute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad