Stützle - Pinto - Brown
Paul - Tierney - Ennis
Sanford - Agozzino - Watson

Chabot - Zub
Del Zotto - Zaitsev
Mete - Holden

Murray
Forsberg

That is a bottom 5 team, unfortunately. As much as White has struggled, he brings needed depth. Hopefully a decent C becomes available via waivers or trade, and we NEED Tkachuk if we don't want to be out of the race by game 10.
f***ing gross we haven’t done enough to improve.

So frustrating to have yet another losing season.

Reactions: branch

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Right now, what I think we'll see:

Formenton - Norris - Batherson
Stützle - Pinto - Brown
Paul - Tierney - Ennis

Chabot - Zub
Del Zotto - Zaitsev
Mete - Holden

Murray
Forsberg

That is a bottom 5 team, unfortunately. As much as White has struggled, he brings needed depth. Hopefully a decent C becomes available via waivers or trade, and we NEED Tkachuk if we don't want to be out of the race by game 10.

Bottom 5 might be a little harsh but I can’t disagree that it looks like a lottery team.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
f***ing gross we haven’t done enough to improve.

So frustrating to have yet another losing season.

It gets so annoying hearing the words « trying to reach the cap floor »

its actually pathetic and embarassing. I spent 600$ and will drive 4 hours to the home opener but in the back of my mind its still very annoying to see the payroll and the players they bring on being that weak.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Well … the city doesn’t have the number of people it needs to fund a full cap NHL team…

A $600 night is the cost of the NHL…. Especially guys like Brady, Chabot etc.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
It gets so annoying hearing the words « trying to reach the cap floor »

its actually pathetic and embarassing. I spent 600$ and will drive 4 hours to the home opener but in the back of my mind its still very annoying to see the payroll and the players they bring on being that weak.

Who should they have brought in?

Assen na yo.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well … the city doesn’t have the number of people it needs to fund a full cap NHL team…

A $600 night is the cost of the NHL…. Especially guys like Brady, Chabot etc.

you gotta get away from blaming the city fir the owners incompetence. Look at Oilers, Jets and Flames cap and come back with your explanation for why Ottawa is different

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
you gotta get away from blaming the city fir the owners incompetence. Look at Oilers, Jets and Flames cap and come back with your explanation for why Ottawa is different

Why ??? That’s like me saying you (everyone) has to get away from blaming the owner - I think all those teams you mention a) have better attendance and b) are deep into a competitive cycle which justifies (over) spending …

The Jets have the richest owner in the league and he loses $5-7 more per year then our owner. To bad for us Thomson didn’t want to own the Sens…

When the Sens are a mid revenue team scrapping buy to reach the floor I’ll be pissed too. In the mean time my $1500 bucks I spend there doesn’t pay White’s MRI and I’m not calling anyone who is fronting this team cheap.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Why ??? That’s like me saying you (everyone) has to get away from blaming the owner - I think all those teams you mention a) have better attendance and b) are deep into a competitive cycle which justifies (over) spending …

The Jets have the richest owner in the league and he loses $5-7 more per year then our owner. To bad for us Thomson didn’t want to own the Sens…

When the Sens are a mid revenue team scrapping buy to reach the floor I’ll be pissed too. In the mean time my $1500 bucks I spend there doesn’t pay White’s MRI and I’m not calling anyone who is fronting this team cheap.

sounds good. The city is not the problem. The owner is. You have no idea how much he makes on the team so let’s just stick to our lane - we both want to see Tkachuk play game 1 and that can be done with a 3 year contract.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Right now, what I think we'll see:

Formenton - Norris - Batherson
Stützle - Pinto - Brown
Paul - Tierney - Ennis

Chabot - Zub
Del Zotto - Zaitsev
Mete - Holden

Murray
Forsberg

My f*** is that ever bad...wow

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
sounds good. The city is not the problem. The owner is. You have no idea how much he makes on the team so let’s just stick to our lane - we both want to see Tkachuk play game 1 and that can be done with a 3 year contract.

That's simply not true - Team revenue and costs are published now. Obviously there is some grey room but teams need to accurately account for league revenue. By all accounts the Sens are +/- $3-5 million each year with league low spending. Nobody is pocketing cash until inflation in the franchise cost is realized.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That's simply not true - Team revenue and costs are published now. Obviously there is some grey room but teams need to accurately account for league revenue. By all accounts the Sens are +/- $3-5 million each year with league low spending. Nobody is pocketing cash until inflation in the franchise cost is realized.

so you know what Melnyck sets his salary at? Is it $10 million a year? $15 million? $30million? Is he losing money if he’s taking home $10 million in salary?

you don’t know what you’re talking about. Brady should be playing hockey in Ottawa and he’s not. Because the owner sucks

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Who should they have brought in?

Assen na yo.

Savard? Reinhart? Etc

They brought MDZ for almost as much lmao

plenty of good options this summer and the roster still has many holes even tho they kept saying they were gonna get a top 6 C and a top 4 D, they did neither.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Savard? Reinhart? Etc

They brought MDZ for almost as much lmao

plenty of good options this summer and the roster still has many holes even tho they kept saying they were gonna get a top 6 C and a top 4 D, they did neither.

Committing to four years of Savard would be stupid. So would trading a first rounder for Reinhart who probably wouldn't sign for longer than a year here.

There were no good options for the Sens to get.

Assen na yo

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
so you know what Melnyck sets his salary at? Is it $10 million a year? $15 million? $30million? Is he losing money if he’s taking home $10 million in salary?

you don’t know what you’re talking about. Brady should be playing hockey in Ottawa and he’s not. Because the owner sucks

I trust publications like Forbes and such that semi accurately pin down revenue and expenses … it’s not rocket science… you can pay and get access to a lot of this stuff beyond the Forbes numbers. Plus I trust those sources a whole lot more that what ever you think he stuffs in his pockets from his league low ticket sales and bottom of the barrel ticket prices.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Committing to four years of Savard would be stupid. So would trading a first rounder for Reinhart who probably wouldn't sign for longer than a year here.

There were no good options for the Sens to get.

Assen na yo

That’s your opinion, there were plenty. Enjoy this roster

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I trust publications like Forbes and such that semi accurately pin down revenue and expenses … it’s not rocket science… you can pay and get access to a lot of this stuff beyond the Forbes numbers. Plus I trust those sources a whole lot more that what ever you think he stuffs in his pockets from his league low ticket sales and bottom of the barrel ticket prices.

Forbes numbers are wildly inaccurate. Nobody knows exactly what the finances of the Ottawa Senators, CTC and Capital Tickets are.

But I can assure you Melnyk has done quite well.

As much as I rag on him, he’s not an idiot. If owning this team wasn’t very financially beneficial to him, he wouldn’t be doing it.

You seem like the kind of person who’d talk about how big a sacrifice Jeff Bezos is making by “only” taking a $150k salary (other CEOs make more!) while ignoring the stock grants, worth hundreds of millions, that he gives himself.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Forbes numbers are wildly inaccurate. Nobody knows exactly what the finances of the Ottawa Senators, CTC and Capital Tickets are.

But I can assure you Melnyk has done quite well, both in terms of annual take home and equity gains.

As much as I rag on him, he’s not an idiot. If owning this team wasn’t very financially beneficial to him, he wouldn’t be doing it.

Again - can you back that up with any source ? We have multi sources of info that share the revenue and expenses of all teams - and you think they are all wrong ? Or just Ottawa ?

So we have Forbes, Dave, and some paid subscription data … and Dave is the most accurate ?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Again - can you back that up with any source ? We have multi sources of info that share the revenue and expenses of all teams - and you think they are all wrong ? Or just Ottawa ?

So we have Forbes, Dave, and paid subscription data … and Dave is the most accurate ?

Forbes does a basic calculation. Average estimated revenue per fan times number of fans times number of games. Plus public information about tv deals.

That is a sliver of the picture, especially considering CTC and Capital Ticket revenues are businesses that generate revenue for Melnyk as a direct result of him owning the team.

I don’t know what the financials look like. But neither does Forbes. And neither do you.

I seem to have a much higher opinion of Melnyk than you. You seem to think he’s an idiot who throws money away.

And FYI, I have no problem with how much money this team spends. I’m more critical of how Dorion throws away the money he’s given to spend.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Wealthier owners?

The few posters "blaming" the fans are completely missing the point.

The people living in Ottawa are not the reason why we've committed $21M of our budget (36% of our current cap number!) this year to Nikita Zaitsev, Michael Del Zotto, Chris Tierney, Colin White and Matt Murray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad