2020 World Juniors

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Would be stupid from the Czechs if they swapped Slovakia with Canada/Russia. They'd increase their chances of facing a top 5 country in the QF by a lot with that.
The two groups are in different cities. Slovakia from attendance perspective is basically the 2nd home team and will likely sell out its games. Bear in mind that juniors in Europe usually only sellout home team games.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Germany will probably win against one of the top countries. one of them will underestimate them. I hope Swede loose the first game or so ( but not against Finland, never against Finland). That damn winning curse Sweden got needs to end. Better to win later on.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
FYI: Ticket sale starts Wed 24.4 at 11am CEST.

Ticket prices range from, roughly, $6 (group games like Switzerland-Kazakhstan) to $25 (final)

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

london flyer

Jan 2, 2018
Canada's probably looking at a 1-3 round robin record and elimination in the quarter-final round, and may be forced to stare the possibility of playing in the relegation game in the face.

Unless they get a pillbox-defence roster full of 6' 5'' tall 17 year olds to play next year, Canada may be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

=/
lol....canada will be a contender as usual
.....but thanks for the love

Reactions: LFCTML

RaginRonic

The Ragin' One. with the big shoulder chip.
Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
lol....canada will be a contender as usual
.....but thanks for the love
I deal in reality, London, not the blind romanticism that the vast majority of Canadians treat hockey at all levels.

And I'd expect all of Canada's hockey fans to do the same...look the gift horse square in the mouth, and kick the ever-loving crap out of it.

There's a saying from a TV show....called 'Dallas'. It came from Jim Davis' 'Jock Ewing', and was parroted in the 2nd Dallas TV show that was on TNT in the U.S. by Larry Hagman's 'J.R. Ewing'.

'Nobody gives you power. REAL power is something you take!'

And I'm not going to be happy or satisfied until Canada takes power over the whole hockey world back, and stops laying down for the world.

>=P

Jeb99

Apr 26, 2014
Jönköping
Just bought tickets for the playoffs. Ahh yeah baby!

Does anyone know if it's known wich qf will be held in Trinec? (Eg ostrava placed 4th against Tribec 1st )

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Just got 9 tickets (including final and both semis) for roughly total $120.

Czech games are basically already sold out. Everything else, incl. final, has hundreds of seats left, but mostly only behind the goals and in the upper corners.

Reactions: Jeb99

Jeb99

Apr 26, 2014
Jönköping
Sometimes I believe that the group winner would get the advantage of not travelling to another city so if for example Finland would win Trinec group their reward would be that the ostrava 4th would have to travel to Tribeca

Not sure if that's how it works here though...

Reactions: Pandaman11

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Just got 9 tickets (including final and both semis) for roughly total $120.

Czech games are basically already sold out. Everything else, incl. final, has hundreds of seats left, but mostly only behind the goals and in the upper corners.

K so I was definitely expecting this to be like when it was in Helsinki in 2016, I bought tickets to everything in like June, as was even able to get tickets the day of the game for Can-Swiss.

Can/US and Can/Cze are sold out, the gold is sold out, looks like I should have bought last week :/

Any secondary market for tickets in Czech? One would think that more than a few of the tickets got snapped up by resellers.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Fin/Svk is also sold out now too, bought literally the last 4 tickets just now. Hopefully I can find some gold game tickets between now and then.

Reactions: Rob

LiamMac

Feb 19, 2015
Screenshot_20190509-163416~2.png
Screenshot_20190508-165605~2.png

Jeb99

Apr 26, 2014
Jönköping
Does anyone know It's possible to see the 12.00 qf in Trinec and the make to the 15.00 qf on ostrava? Is there a train that's close enough (walking distance) between the two arenas?
How much would a taxi be?

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Feeling very pessimistic about this tournament considering our new coach Helminen didnt do that well the last time he was with u20 and is still quite lacking in experience.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Hey guys and gals, seems many of us HFers making the trip to Ostrava. I was thinking of maybe organizing a HF boards party during the WJC.

Could be a fun little adventure. Seems a good variety of country representation could be represented. Thoughts?

Reactions: Jeb99 and Muuri

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Hey guys and gals, seems many of us HFers making the trip to Ostrava. I was thinking of maybe organizing a HF boards party during the WJC.

Could be a fun little adventure. Seems a good variety of country representation could be represented. Thoughts?

I will most likely be In Ostrava for this tournament. Hfboards meeting would be cool.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Canada should have a powerful defence, with Smith, Dobson, Bouchard, on top of that the best dman from the 2019 draft Bowan. its gold or nothing.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Canada should have a powerful defence, with Smith, Dobson, Bouchard, on top of that the best dman from the 2019 draft Bowan. its gold or nothing.

scratch Bouchard. He's a '99 born player. This tournament is for the millennial babies born in 2000.

And it should always be gold or nothing for Canada, but I don't think we have a particularly strong team this year to be prohibitive favorites. just right in there with the Finns, Swedes and Americans. I am hoping that there are a lot of '01 born players that make the team and that the Hunter Brothers really prove something.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
scratch Bouchard. He's a '99 born player. This tournament is for the millennial babies born in 2000.

And it should always be gold or nothing for Canada, but I don't think we have a particularly strong team this year to be prohibitive favorites. just right in there with the Finns, Swedes and Americans. I am hoping that there are a lot of '01 born players that make the team and that the Hunter Brothers really prove something.
No Bouchard imo is an upgrade. He was absolutely terrible in his own end in Vancouver, and the bigger ice would expose him even more. Hopefully the selection is done more sensibly this time around.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Does anyone know It's possible to see the 12.00 qf in Trinec and the make to the 15.00 qf on ostrava? Is there a train that's close enough (walking distance) between the two arenas?
How much would a taxi be?

We are planning to have a rental car ready and lined up to do it, should be possible, though you might miss half a period or so.

Reactions: Jeb99

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC

Sounds like a good time. Pity the 2 host cities are spread out just far enough to seem to be a bit of a pain to travel between without renting a car.

Last edited:

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
I'm guessing I've missed the boat, but does anyone know of any resale sites for tickets for this tournament?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad