2020 World Juniors

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It seems the game between Slovakia and Russia will be played in Zilina, Slovakia.

Countries have shared hosting before, but just having one game played in a seperate country ... Has this happened before? Should be a good atmosphere for the slovaks though, and Zilina is close to the Czech border.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
so Russia Sweden Canada and usa are basically 4 teams fighting for 3 medals? dunno how good finland is this year.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
It seems the game between Slovakia and Russia will be played in Zilina, Slovakia.

Countries have shared hosting before, but just having one game played in a seperate country ... Has this happened before? Should be a good atmosphere for the slovaks though, and Zilina is close to the Czech border.

It is a pre-tournament game, that’s probably why it was able to be scheduled more flexibly. Cool that they were able to get a real home game in for the SVK team

Reactions: Elvs

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
so Russia Sweden Canada and usa are basically 4 teams fighting for 3 medals? dunno how good finland is this year.
We won last year, you just can't count us out. We also won the last tournament played on the big ice. More reason to take us seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: king89

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
We won last year, you just can't count us out. We also won the last tournament played on the big ice. More reason to take us seriously.

sorry but don't think finland has the talent this year.. quarterfinal exit or bronze medal game at best I say.

Reactions: LFCTML

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Anyone else here cheer more for your favorite team's prospects than thier home country? Or is it just me? :popcorn:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
sorry but don't think finland has the talent this year.. quarterfinal exit or bronze medal game at best I say.
Since when is it about only talent?
Best TEAM wins it every year. A hot goalie can steal multiple games as well.
You’re entitled to your opinion obviously, and your own prediction, but Finland will have as good a chance as anyone else.

IIRC, Finland won Gold in 2014 with 3 drafted forwards only.
I wouldn’t count them out so easily.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone else here cheer more for your favorite team's prospects than thier home country? Or is it just me? :popcorn:
As an avid Oiler's fan, I'd rather watch the Czech's lose 6-0 to a Big 5 team then watch Raphel Lavoie score a hat trick in the gold medal game. Don't get me wrong... hope Lavoie becomes an elite scorer in the Oil Top 6 but country first!

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Helminen is the wild card here for us Finns. He could very well be the ticket to fast exit but you never know.

I think considering our depth and talent we could win Gold but are not the favorites.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Helminen is the wild card here for us Finns. He could very well be the ticket to fast exit but you never know.

I think considering our depth and talent we could win Gold but are not the favorites.
Maccelli and Kupari need to deliver if we are going to have a chance.

NekcuP

Aug 9, 2019
Okay, so this swedish group actually won the (World U17 Hockey Challenge 2016). But WJC is another level, let's see.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Okay, so this swedish group actually won the (World U17 Hockey Challenge 2016). But WJC is another level, let's see.
I'd like to see Sweden finally win. It's been too long for these guys. So many good teams with no results.
Maybe this will be the year when they're not expected to even medal.

Reactions: NekcuP and AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->