2020 World Juniors

RaginRonic

The Ragin' One. with the big shoulder chip.
Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada's probably looking at a 1-3 round robin record and elimination in the quarter-final round, and may be forced to stare the possibility of playing in the relegation game in the face.

Unless they get a pillbox-defence roster full of 6' 5'' tall 17 year olds to play next year, Canada may be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

=/

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
Are these directly from the results or did they move Czechia to B? (Because that's what IIHF sometimes does with the host countries depending on which city each group is held.)

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada's probably looking at a 1-3 round robin record and elimination in the quarter-final round, and may be forced to stare the possibility of playing in the relegation game in the face.

Unless they get a pillbox-defence roster full of 6' 5'' tall 17 year olds to play next year, Canada may be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

=/

This won't age well.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Are these directly from the results or did they move Czechia to B? (Because that's what IIHF sometimes does with the host countries depending on which city each group is held.)

They are based on this year’s finishes.

Group A is 1, 4, 5, 8, 9 from this year’s tournament. Group B is 2, 3, 6, 7 and the newly promoted.

Sweden ended 5th since they had the best record in the group, Canada 6, Czech 7, Slovakia 8.

Reactions: Past Considerations

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Seems like Canada and Sweden are almost never in the same group.

Loving group B for Canada for entertaining matchups with the home Czechs, Russia and USA.

Reactions: Rob

RaginRonic

The Ragin' One. with the big shoulder chip.
Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario

Loving group B for Canada for entertaining matchups with the home Czechs, Russia and USA.

'Entertaining' is code word for Canada not getting to win key games. I don't see Canada icing a decent squad at all.

Unless Hockey Canada does what I tell them to do, no championship will come Canada's way.

=/

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Looks like another classic Canada-USA NYE game coming our way. Loving that this is over in Europe 6 hours ahead of EST. Love the day/morning games!

Yeah I love the morning games when it's in Europe. Except the year when it was in Ufa, Russia. The time difference made it pretty much unwatchable for PST.

I'd like to see Canada-Russia on Boxing Day to open things up. Or maybe Canada and the Czechs... though the Czechs might want to build some momentum and start with a quick W against Germany.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I think Czechs don't take back-to-back big games for themselves. Or at least that's how I would do if I was designing optimal schedule for them.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Yeah I love the morning games when it's in Europe. Except the year when it was in Ufa, Russia. The time difference made it pretty much unwatchable for PST.

I'd like to see Canada-Russia on Boxing Day to open things up. Or maybe Canada and the Czechs... though the Czechs might want to build some momentum and start with a quick W against Germany.
Ufa was a fun watch. Disappointing for Canada, but once every few year I think I could enjoy getting up at times like that - makes it interesting!

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I’m glad they are playing in a more competitive group next year. No 14-0 blowouts on opening day. They could very well be playing the Russians. Even the Czechs should be tougher since they are the host team.

Also, when the tournament is in Europe it usually starts on Christmas Day as opposed to Boxing Day.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Looks like another classic Canada-USA NYE game coming our way. Loving that this is over in Europe 6 hours ahead of EST. Love the day/morning games!

I think you're probably right. The Czechs will most likely want to play their traditional rival (Russia) on NYE, leaving us and the US to duke it out as the other key matchup.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011

i was thinking the same thing. Finally no snooze games to start the tournament Every game is going to be tough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad