2020 Weather Thread.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Lots of water out there. Had a couple floods from bloated creeks overflow today that affected some customers. Also, our golf course taking a beating again with more flooding. Awesome.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
10:33 AM MDT Sunday 31 May 2020
Wind warning in effect for:
  • City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park
Very strong winds that may cause damage are expected.

Very strong west to northwest winds will develop this evening with gusts possibly exceeding 100 km/h. Winds will weaken by Monday morning.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #ABStorm.

10:36 AM MDT Sunday 31 May 2020
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
  • Beaver Co. near Holden and Ryley
  • Beaver Co. near Tofield
  • Camrose Co. near Bawlf and Rosalind
  • Camrose Co. near Camrose and Bittern Lake
  • Camrose Co. near Hay Lakes and Miquelon Lake Prov. Park
  • Camrose Co. near New Norway Edberg and Ferintosh
  • Co. of Wetaskiwin near Wetaskiwin Millet and Hwy 2
  • Flagstaff Co. near Daysland Heisler and Strome
  • Leduc Co. near Leduc Beaumont and Kavanagh
  • Leduc Co. near New Sarepta and Rolly View
  • Strathcona Co. near Ardrossan and Cooking Lake
Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.

A developing low pressure system will bring rain, strong winds, and thunderstorms to much of central Alberta today. Some of these thunderstorms may become severe in nature.
Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!

Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #ABStorm.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Sweeeeeeet I'm driving to calgary as we speak and this wind has been howling all the way from Fargo, ND.

Near Medicine Hat now and I'm just starting to see the clouds build as I go west. This could be an interesting 3 to 4 hrs

Anyone else get the feeling God is rather pissed off at the human race as a whole right now?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Sweeeeeeet I'm driving to calgary as we speak and this wind has been howling all the way from Fargo, ND.

Near Medicine Hat now and I'm just starting to see the clouds build as I go west. This could be an interesting 3 to 4 hrs

Anyone else get the feeling God is rather pissed off at the human race as a whole right now?

I was just thinking the same thing. Plague, Swarms of Locusts in India, civil disobedience. Is there an asteroid anywhere nearby?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I was just thinking the same thing. Plague, Swarms of Locusts in India, civil disobedience. Is there an asteroid anywhere nearby?

Actually yes.

List of asteroid close approaches to Earth in 2020 - Wikipedia

1A80D16A-86C0-4CE0-93F7-E96E33ED7A98.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I am really getting sick and tired of all of this wind. I've lived in Edmonton all my life and don't remember the constant howling. A calm day is now the exception.

We have become another Lethbridge.
Been like this the past few years now. If there is a calm day you have to take advantage of it, might not see another for quite some time.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I am really getting sick and tired of all of this wind. I've lived in Edmonton all my life and don't remember the constant howling. A calm day is now the exception.

Helps keep the mosquitoes away. Had one day last week with no wind and got eaten alive.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Well you know what it is,eh.

Calgary will suck or blow on any given day depending on what mood they are in and then everyone else is forced to deal with the resulting prevailing winds

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Winds supposed to be 30km to 50km for tomorrow.
Again.
Golf day.
Nice

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad