2020 Weather Thread.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
11:31 PM MDT Saturday 25 April 2020
Wind warning in effect for:
  • City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.

A developing low pressure system will generate strong winds overnight with gusts up to 90 km/h possible. Winds diminishing from west to east this morning.
Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage.

Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #ABStorm.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
4:22 PM MDT Saturday 02 May 2020
Special weather statement in effect for:
A weather system near the B.C. coast will bring a sharp change in the weather for central Alberta beginning on Sunday.

Heavy precipitation will impact parts of western and central Alberta starting Sunday morning and continue into Monday. Most of the precipitation will fall as rain, with general rainfall totals of 10-20mm expected. However, upwards of 40mm of rain is possible north of the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.

To the west, the rain may change over to snow as temperatures cool Sunday night. This is particularly true for higher elevations, especially the Swan Hills. 10-20cm of snowfall accumulation is possible near the Swan Hills by the time temperatures warm Sunday afternoon.

In addition, winds with gusts up to 60 km/h will accompany this system.

Some uncertainty still exists regarding the timing and location of the rain and snow, including the anticipated amounts mentioned above.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #ABStorm.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
4:22 PM MDT Saturday 02 May 2020
Special weather statement in effect for:
A weather system near the B.C. coast will bring a sharp change in the weather for central Alberta beginning on Sunday.

Heavy precipitation will impact parts of western and central Alberta starting Sunday morning and continue into Monday. Most of the precipitation will fall as rain, with general rainfall totals of 10-20mm expected. However, upwards of 40mm of rain is possible north of the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.

To the west, the rain may change over to snow as temperatures cool Sunday night. This is particularly true for higher elevations, especially the Swan Hills. 10-20cm of snowfall accumulation is possible near the Swan Hills by the time temperatures warm Sunday afternoon.

In addition, winds with gusts up to 60 km/h will accompany this system.

Some uncertainty still exists regarding the timing and location of the rain and snow, including the anticipated amounts mentioned above.

Last pile of snow in our yard melted yesterday, so perfect timing, I miss it already. :(

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I stuck my head out the door and it was windy, but the sky was blue and no rain today.

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
You fellas back out there in E-town are definitely having a nice spring so far.

Can’t say the same for Toronto. Currently having one of the coldest springs on record.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You fellas back out there in E-town are definitely having a nice spring so far.

Can’t say the same for Toronto. Currently having one of the coldest springs on record.

I went to take my new e-bike for a spin this morning at 10 am and the wind was so f***ing cold I had to cut it short. Warm? My ass!!! :confused:

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Weather models are currently showing potential for a rainstorm from thursday to saturday in the Edmonton area and central Alberta.

Some parts could see 50-75 mm of rain.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Mosquito larvae like this post.

Yep. It's going to be a bad year for mosquitos

VarKZIqbYb0Xu8uUOZD2BiqaAsc=.gif

Reactions: yukoner88

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Sweet I could be playing storm chaser soon going through swift current. That cloud looks big n black n mean.

As I write this radio reports a severe thunderstorm watch. No tornado warnings yet but they could be possible along with heavy winds n decent sized hail.

This could be a fun ride.

Edit/Update:

That was lucky, cloud stayed to the north of the trans Canada so I pretty much missed it. One hell of a wind was coming out of that cloud though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->