OT: 2020 Vancouver Whitecaps

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
What? Teibert is an excellent center defensive mid. Our entire team is trash.

Teibert is great at what he does. Excellent defensively and would be a great sub to put out when you have a lead late in the game.

Problem is VWFC need better midfielders that can drive forward and distribute the ball to the strikers. Teibert is still a testiment to how god awful Dos Santos and VWFC have been in addressing the need for a solid creative midfielder. This team spends 6 mil on Cavallini and has another decent striker but they still cannot score. Wonder why huh?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Teibert is great at what he does. Excellent defensively and would be a great sub to put out when you have a lead late in the game.

Problem is VWFC need better midfielders that can drive forward and distribute the ball to the strikers. Teibert is still a testiment to how god awful Dos Santos and VWFC have been in addressing the need for a solid creative midfielder. This team spends 6 mil on Cavallini and has another decent striker but they still cannot score. Wonder why huh?
Absolutely, agree 100%. We have zero Center midfielders that can create any offense. No creativity whatsoever. Center backs are also awful. Why waste money on a striker when he can’t even be put in a position to be successful

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I don't see Tiebert as anything like an excellent defender. He gets drawn into the goal area and he can't get up to contest passes in the air. Also I've seen so many situations where he gets ball watching and allows his check to back door him and get wide open for shots at the top of the goal area. Often he doesn't triangulate right and keep the proper spacing between the ball and his check. Ends ups not getting pressure the or ball or get in the passing lane. He is also too hesitant in moving to the player with the ball because of fear he can get beaten by speed. And he just doesn't win many battles with bigger and stronger opponents. I've watched him closely for years now and I can't see how he is a GOOD defensive player.

I don't understand why Santos puts such stock in him. Robinson at least knew enough to only use Tiebert as sub or when the team was in a series of games and starters had to get a break. Nor is more than a sub with the National team and often not even chosen to be that. To me, it is a sign of just how far the team has sunk that Tiebert plays a prominent role. There is no way you can compete with players like this and, of course, the team doesn't.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
It's more that Teibert is a symptom of the team's midfield just not being very good enough, more than any specific deficiencies in his game, I think. Not only for the lack of creativity with the ball carrier, but the guys without the ball too... there seems to be the off-ball IQ of an elementary school team a lot of the time rather than any conscious attempt to get open or provide a route for the carrier to pursue.

Reactions: lindgren

Frostage

May 23, 2014
I don't see Tiebert as anything like an excellent defender. He gets drawn into the goal area and he can't get up to contest passes in the air. Also I've seen so many situations where he gets ball watching and allows his check to back door him and get wide open for shots at the top of the goal area. Often he doesn't triangulate right and keep the proper spacing between the ball and his check. Ends ups not getting pressure the or ball or get in the passing lane. He is also too hesitant in moving to the player with the ball because of fear he can get beaten by speed. And he just doesn't win many battles with bigger and stronger opponents. I've watched him closely for years now and I can't see how he is a GOOD defensive player.

I don't understand why Santos puts such stock in him. Robinson at least knew enough to only use Tiebert as sub or when the team was in a series of games and starters had to get a break. Nor is more than a sub with the National team and often not even chosen to be that. To me, it is a sign of just how far the team has sunk that Tiebert plays a prominent role. There is no way you can compete with players like this and, of course, the team doesn't.

I have to agree with Orcatown here.

Tiebert always seems to be thinking on the pitch, undersized, poor in the air and with no right foot. When he has possession his passes seem to be extremely conservative, often knocking it around with the central defenders.

I still wonder with Robinson converted him from an attacking winger into a holding midfielder. When he broke onto the scene he was young, cocky, and an attacking player and then became this super conservative poor defender, but kudos to him for making a career out of it.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I must have missed that in the article? Where does it say WFC up for sale?

Few rumors from various sources but nothing concrete. This stuff was kind of obvious for a while...Ownership really stopped giving a damn about the football operations after Davies was sold. Nash and Kerfoot have vanished. Mallet still has some hands in operations. Luczo has just been an equity holder.

I still have reason to believe that this franchise is gone upon the resumption of the regular MLS soccer post-COVID unless the Aquillini group lines up to buy it.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Nothing on TV today so ive been watching since the 30th minute.

Is Baldisimo seen as a guy whose future is in Europe?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Hasal looks shaky and not like that guy I saw make 30 saves in Orlando

Owusu looks bad too but I legit have no idea who is good and who isn't because I watch three games a year now

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
The problem of not having relegation is it's encouraging complacency. Outside of a few stand outs, this is a team and organization not deserving of being in the MLS.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Lots of fans are now calling for MDS to be canned.

Watching the game on PVR...you can see the system he is trying to employ but again, lacks the horses to take advantage of the counter. He is constrained by the internal "cap" so I will cut him some leeway. It is very difficult to target quality midfielders without paying a fortune. You will need to spend at least 4+ mil now for these.

Franchise needs to be sold now and the a total house cleaning from the top down. It literally seems like the players have collectively checked out as well.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Good thing the Whitecaps team isnt coming back here anytime soon. Im happy to pretend they no longer exist and supporting Pacific FC.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Completely given up. Not one player running up to support the clearing pass that lead to the goal. My coach would of made us run until we puked at the next practice if we did that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad