WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Höglander - Gustafsson - Fagemo
Albin - Olofsson - Berggren
Holtz - Hållander - Raymond
Wernblom -Bäck - Grewe

3 lines that can produce and a really really physical 4th line.

That 4th line looks like a huge liability to me. Wernblom is too small and slow to play a physical game at this level, him and Grewe are going to take a ton of stupid penalties. Tough guys after the whistle. I'd never select players like that, especially not in a short tournament.

Reactions: JBeast and rickardr

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
That 4th line looks like a huge liability to me. Wernblom is too small and slow to play a physical game at this level, him and Grewe are going to take a ton of stupid penalties. Tough guys after the whistle. I'd never select players like that, especially not in a short tournament.

too small and slow? how can he play physical against men in allsvenskan but not against juniors?

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Höglander - Gustafsson - Fagemo
Albin - Olofsson - Berggren
Holtz - Hållander - Raymond
Wernblom -Bäck - Grewe

3 lines that can produce and a really really physical 4th line.
Thats not how Monten works though. He selects 2 lines that can produce and 2 useless lines.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Need a really good playmaking center. An abundance of skilled wingers but down the middle there’s clearly a lack of skill.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Henriksson should be on this team, and they'll probably keep him with Holtz and Raymond. He's probably their best playmaking center.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Henriksson should be on this team, and they'll probably keep him with Holtz and Raymond. He's probably their best playmaking center.
Imho he’s kinda more of the same and not really as good as Olofsson, Hållander or Gustafsson either way he doesn’t provide the edge you need from a 1st center.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah I don't think any of these centers can provide much offense. They are all in the same mold, except Gustafsson is a bit better than the rest. They still look fantastic compared to next year though:help:

Last edited:

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah I don't think any of these centers can provide much offense. They are all in the same mold, except Gustafsson is a bit better than the rest. They still look fantastic compared to next year :help: Club teams need to stop moving all their talent to the wing.

Next year should actually be all 02' centers. As a matter of fact, the majority of the roster should be underagers. Question is whether team management dare to do it.

I also wonder why there seems to be the lack of center talent recently. Could there be an issue with stressing players upwards as underagers (much easier to do as offence-only winger vs two-way, line carrying center)? However 02' (and early indications of 03' ) look much better so it might just be randomness.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Next year should actually be all 02' centers. As a matter of fact, the majority of the roster should be underagers. Question is whether team management dare to do it.

I also wonder why there seems to be the lack of center talent recently. Could there be an issue with stressing players upwards as underagers (much easier to do as offence-only winger vs two-way, line carrying center)? However 02' (and early indications of 03' ) look much better so it might just be randomness.

I think Henriksson will quite easily take the #1 center spot on that team, he doesn't have much competition at all. I don't see any high end center talent among the 02's either, perhaps Eklund but they will never let him play center. Too much flash in his game -> Wing.

Reactions: AB13

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Bjorn Ulvaeus - Yngwie Malmsteen - Carl M. Bellman
Benny Anderson - Quorthon - Jens Kidman
John Norum - Joey Tempest - Hugo Alfven
Andreas Svensson - Per Gessle - Nicke Andersson

Bottom six looks terrible and who in their right mind would have Björn/Benny on separate lines?

Reactions: Stubu

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Personally, I would probably split Raymond and Holtz to two different lines.

Partly because I want to have 2 lines that consistently can push the play to the o-zone, and partly because most of their scoring chances are easily stopped because both of them play too much on the outside.

When it comes to Raymond, I would like to try a “Frölunda” line consisting of Fagemo – Henriksson – Raymond. During the previous season in SHL we saw that the Fagemo – Hjalmarsson – Lasch line worked really well, and I think this line would work in a similar manner. Raymond (IMO) plays a quite similar game to Lasch (although Raymond is probably more complete with being better defensively and a better shot). And Henriksson has shown that he has the hockey-IQ to play with stars and is good defensively. Fagemo will do as he always does and go straight for the net, which will either make him a passing option for Raymond, or open up space for Henriksson to get a shot off.

When it comes to Holtz I would like him to play with Gustafsson. I could see Holtz - Gustafsson – Grewe working, being somewhat of a junior (and less skilled) version of Capitals Ovie – Bäckström – Wilson line. Another option would be Holtz – Gustafsson – Hållander.

Gustafsson and Henriksson could of course swap places, but I think the familiarity Raymond has with Henriksson might be preferable.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Personally, I would probably split Raymond and Holtz to two different lines.

Partly because I want to have 2 lines that consistently can push the play to the o-zone, and partly because most of their scoring chances are easily stopped because both of them play too much on the outside.

When it comes to Raymond, I would like to try a “Frölunda” line consisting of Fagemo – Henriksson – Raymond. During the previous season in SHL we saw that the Fagemo – Hjalmarsson – Lasch line worked really well, and I think this line would work in a similar manner. Raymond (IMO) plays a quite similar game to Lasch (although Raymond is probably more complete with being better defensively and a better shot). And Henriksson has shown that he has the hockey-IQ to play with stars and is good defensively. Fagemo will do as he always does and go straight for the net, which will either make him a passing option for Raymond, or open up space for Henriksson to get a shot off.

When it comes to Holtz I would like him to play with Gustafsson. I could see Holtz - Gustafsson – Grewe working, being somewhat of a junior (and less skilled) version of Capitals Ovie – Bäckström – Wilson line. Another option would be Holtz – Gustafsson – Hållander.

Gustafsson and Henriksson could of course swap places, but I think the familiarity Raymond has with Henriksson might be preferable.
Grewe? Really? No thanks..

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
The three did play some games together in J20SE to begin last season before Fagemo joined the men's team full time, during that short period Fagemo scored 10+4 in 8 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad