Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I see United fans happy that Sancho is inevitable for them, but I saw a rumor that Real is going to be interested in him next summer. With that, I think he'll be Real bound, too hard to compete with them.

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Great signing for Chelsea as much as that sucks to say. 49 million release clause is a freaking steal. Gotta think if he did not have that the starting price would be 100 million.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm just amazed that we've gotten Ziyech and Werner prior to the window opening. We usually drag these things out and it falls through at the end of the window. Refreshing to just get things done early with top targets.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I see United fans happy that Sancho is inevitable for them, but I saw a rumor that Real is going to be interested in him next summer. With that, I think he'll be Real bound, too hard to compete with them.

I could see Dortmund nudging him out the door this summer so they don't risk a much lower price next summer with one year left on his deal+revenue going down.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Real and Dortmund already have a relationship with the Hakimi loan. Could see Hakimi being apart of a Sancho move too.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

If anything I've seen the opposite. From everything i've seen fans have been burned by Woodward so many times that no one pays attention to the rumors anymore.

Of course there's always Beckhams_Right_Foot_MUFC on twitter who screams "HE'S COMING LADS" at every rumor but that's every fanbase.

Reactions: Gecklund

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If anything I've seen the opposite. From everything i've seen fans have been burned by Woodward so many times that no one pays attention to the rumors anymore.

Of course there's always Beckhams_Right_Foot_MUFC on twitter who screams "HE'S COMING LADS" at every rumor but that's every fanbase.
Maybe I should've worded it better, didn't mean it as a dig at Man U fans. It is logical since the heavy rumors were Chelsea and Man U for Sancho. I think it'll be more complicated with Real having interest. Man U will get someone big, Sancho, Havertz, Dembele, or someone.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Maybe I should've worded it better, didn't mean it as a dig at Man U fans. It is logical since the heavy rumors were Chelsea and Man U for Sancho. I think it'll be more complicated with Real having interest. Man U will get someone big, Sancho, Havertz, Dembele, or someone.

i'm not confident. it's very likely a Woodward special is incoming, where he screws around on many of those targets, loses sancho over money and ends up way overbidding for Grealish*

*who is a good player in his right but not Sancho

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
i'm not confident. it's very likely a Woodward special is incoming, where he screws around on many of those targets, loses sancho over money and ends up way overbidding for Grealish*

*who is a good player in his right but not Sancho
Grealish would be a good pickup, but also not Sancho.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

One of those is not the same

Maybe they want to pair the Super Hazard Brothers together

Yeah, Eden needs a friend to eat nachos with.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Damn that's a good move by Blood Money FC, getting him from out of nowhere, but at least twenty million pounds cheaper than what he's currently playing like. This is a pretty big slap in the face for Abraham though, I get it that Werner is better, but it wasn't like Abraham was doing poorly either. It still doesn't fix or help their defence though which is still the weakest part of their club.

Havertz rumors value him at £50m

The latest rumour I saw was that Real turned their focus from Pogba to Havertz and hard to see Kai choose Northwest England over Madrid.

Lol, no money? Try being an Arsenal support and saying no money without winning anything. You lot spent like 140 million on two core players for your team, Arsenal is trying to sign another freakin' striker because one doesn't know if he wants to stay or not.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, I was leaning to not putting Dembele (Lyon) in, but I just know he's high up on United's target list.

Hazard is the Phil Kessel of the soccer world.
I love the cross sport comparisons. I used to compare Fernando Torres to Gaborik and have definitely seen Hazard/Kessel before too

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lol, no money? Try being an Arsenal support and saying no money without winning anything. You lot spent like 140 million on two core players for your team, Arsenal is trying to sign another freakin' striker because one doesn't know if he wants to stay or not.
Yes - No money. Liverpool operate on net spent. Coutinho paid for Alisson and Virgil (and more). Those players don’t come in unless Coutinho leaves. No big sales, no big signings. Look at the math.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Unless a team is owned by someone with massive stakes in natural resources, there is no way to spend money this time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes - No money. Liverpool operate on net spent. Coutinho paid for Alisson and Virgil (and more). Those players don’t come in unless Coutinho leaves. No big sales, no big signings. Look at the math.
That's fine and all, but saying no money to a team that won the CL title is like a joke to me. Try being a support of a lower end club that dreams of a CL spot.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's fine and all, but saying no money to a team that won the CL title is like a joke to me. Try being a support of a lower end club that dreams of a CL spot.
Or a team in la liga/Serie A... what he said was valid. LFC dont have money to buy Werner. Has nothing to do with them having more money than Arsenal or mid table sides in the EPL. It's about relativity

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Unless a team is owned by someone with massive stakes in natural resources, there is no way to spend money this time.
Sort of, oil and gas still hasn't bounced back to what it was pre-COVID. The stock market at least in the US has not really been responding to what has actually been going on, so the rich have made huge gains. Some say it's just a graph of rich people's feelings. If an owner isn't overly tied up in sports investments, then they likely haven't lost that much and have probably gained wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad