Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's fine and all, but saying no money to a team that won the CL title is like a joke to me. Try being a support of a lower end club that dreams of a CL spot.
I’ve been there. It is what it is. Liverpool don’t have money right now. Is that better?

The only PL teams with money are Chelsea and the Manc teams

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I saw someone say that Liverpool has something like 150M outstanding to pay for transfers they've already made, 2nd most in the league behind Man U. Is that true, that would explain why they aren't spending.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Man I’d love Havertz or Sancho at United (shit bring both in). Would never get stuck behind a parked bus ever again.

Rashford-Martial-Sancho
Havertz-Pogba-Bruno

that’d be the best front 6 in the league. Granted this would never work defensively unless Pogba is okay being the DM (which he has the ability to do just not the desire).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I saw someone say that Liverpool has something like 150M outstanding to pay for transfers they've already made, 2nd most in the league behind Man U. Is that true, that would explain why they aren't spending.

And the Red Sox aren't playing so the owners can't use the money from that for anything. They also had planned to expand the stadium again and probably have to wait. They also built a new training facility and had planned to sell the land the old one is on. For now they can't even move to the new training facility.

There also probably won't be full matchday revenue for teams for at least a year. Whatever plans that almost every team had are now gone. I read that Spurs had to borrow 200 million pounds.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And the Red Sox aren't playing so the owners can't use the money from that for anything. They also had planned to expand the stadium again and probably have to wait. They also built a new training facility and had planned to sell the land the old one is on. For now they can't even move to the new training facility.

There also probably won't be full matchday revenue for teams for at least a year. Whatever plans that almost every team had are now gone. I read that Spurs had to borrow 200 million pounds.
Red Sox traded Mookie Betts to not pay higher luxury tax

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does this open up David going to RB Leipzig?

Maybe, but they still have plenty of options. Werner hasn’t even played that much CF this season. Schick hasn’t been bad as a back up. Poulsen is the main CF. They’ll buy someone. I don’t think this’ll effect them that much.

Good purchase for Chelsea. I’m not a huge Werner fan, but he’s not a bad player. He’ll definitely help. Adding Werner and Ziyech to Pulisic, Abraham and CHO gives Chelsea a potent attack. Now they need to fix their keeper position, and buy a new LB.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
More like this opens up David to Liverpool.
Could make sense, but same reason I was concerned about Pulisic to Chelsea. If it doesn't work, it would be devastating for his development because the playing time won't be there.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Play Ziyech as the CAM, Werner on the left, Pulisic on the right, Abraham as the CF. They need someone better as the CAM than Mount. Abraham shouldn’t lose his position.
CAM will be Ziyech or RLC IMO. Mount will now be in the right spot to actually develop his game instead of just being thrown in for lack of options.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
CAM will be Ziyech or RLC IMO. Mount will now be in the right spot to actually develop his game instead of just being thrown in for lack of options.

I forgot about RLC. I’m a big fan of his game. When’s he going to return? I think Chelsea is about a year or two off from challenging Liverpool. They are much closer than United, Arsenal or Spurs.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I forgot about RLC. I’m a big fan of his game. When’s he going to return? I think Chelsea is about a year or two off from challenging Liverpool. They are much closer than United, Arsenal or Spurs.
He's back in full training. He was close to returning when everything shutdown. Seems like every manager views him differently, so I'll be curious if Lampard views him as a CAM or box-to-box.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think Klopp would rather don't get anybody then get someguy as their #2 target.

My bet is liverpool do not purchase anybody but they keep Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson that they were considering selling this summer. The only guy I can see go are Lallana and Lovren.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Going to City was a mistake for him. Like Howard with Man U back in the day, it just not realistic for him to be a full-time starter at City.

And even if you aren't an Ederson fan, City will just go out and buy another high-end keeper, they won't give it to Steffen.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
wtf are they doing with their money... They have been in net spend for most of Klopp years as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad