Boston Bruins 2020 PLAYOFFS - THE BEAR invades the Toronto bubble

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Feels like Bergy has missed the last several practices?

That's a lot of "maintenance" but at least he's still able to play games, so that's good.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

EDIT - Confirmed: Stars/Avalanche starts tomorrow night at 8 Eastern.

I think regardless of what happens with Philly/Montreal, the Bruins will be the team kicking things off in the East. They're the only team that can't play the winner of Philly vs. Montreal, so whichever team advances in that series will get another day of rest relative to Boston, whether they play the Lightning or Islanders.

Probably Sunday or Monday (I doubt with a ~10 PM end time they'd already set Boston vs. Tampa for tomorrow, before the 8 PM Colorado vs. Dallas game).

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Islanders are pretty freaking good and could definitely beat us. I do feel they would be a significantly better match up for us than the Lightning though.

oh for sure, I personally believe most nhl teams are good let alone the ones that make the post season AND win a round

just the matchup aspect of it really

But I also think the bruins are very determined this year and also probably feel they owe the lightning for 2018

Reactions: Gordoff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
No one this deep in the playoffs is going to be a pushover. That said, we match up amazingly with NYI and have for the last few years. They're effectively a lesser version of us, playing a very similar style of hockey with less talent. We've not only beaten them pretty much every game the last 3 years, but the games weren't particularly close either. That's a far cry from Tampa, who give us fits at times.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
No one this deep in the playoffs is going to be a pushover. That said, we match up amazingly with NYI and have for the last few years. They're effectively a lesser version of us, playing a very similar style of hockey with less talent. We've not only beaten them pretty much every game the last 3 years, but the games weren't particularly close either. That's a far cry from Tampa, who give us fits at times.
2 of the 3 games against the Isles this year went to OT. If that's not particularly close, idk what is.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

Clifton to referee Trevor Hanson: "Why are you being judgy? You're being judgy."
Clifton to Sebastian Aho: "Get some stripes, maybe you can make those calls."

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad