GDT: 2020 Playoffs part the second

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
As someone who’s watched the Sharks since they entered the league, it sux that Sharks hold the last choke label in the NHL. I still have residual goodwill for the Sharks. Still remember Zyuzin OT goal, Jumbo slide when Sharks won playoff game in LA, Nolan scoring from the blue line, etc.
How do the Sharks hold the last choke label in the NHL when Vancouver, Toronto and Oilers still exists. You could argue in their short time that Vegas also owns it. They've all managed to lose in epic fashion.

I don't care what old teams did in the 80's (in Toronto's case it's longer), Toronto and Edmonton have been absolute dumpster fires of organizations.

Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
How do the Sharks hold the last choke label in the NHL. . . You could argue in their short time that Vegas also owns it

Literally 33% of all the seasons they've ever played have ended in a horrendous playoff choke, no one else can say that

Reactions: Levie

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
How do the Sharks hold the last choke label in the NHL when Vancouver, Toronto and Oilers still exists. You could argue in their short time that Vegas also owns it. They've all managed to lose in epic fashion.

I don't care what old teams did in the 80's (in Toronto's case it's longer), Toronto and Edmonton have been absolute dumpster fires of organizations.

I think that the c-word comes down to how a team performs relative to expectations. Since the Sharks were founded, Edmonton and Toronto have only been thought of as real threats a few years (Edmonton since 2017ish, Toronto in the early 2000s and maybe the last 2-3 years). Since Joe Thornton was acquired, until perhaps 2014, the Sharks were thought of as a legit contender, and again from 2016-2020. Yet they've proved their doubters wrong...

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
OT? God dammit Tampa...

giphy.gif

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
As much as Pavs was a letdown in our finals appearance, so were all of Couture, Burns and Thornton so I don't pin it all on him

It's a team effort, and it took every guy working together to lose that one

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I'm just so happy for Pavs. He had awful finals in 2016 due to injury and now he is scoring huge goals and getting his payback.
There was never any announced injury for Pavelski in 2016 unless I missed something. every other player was injured though it seemed like. He played in a golf tournament that same week after losing and said he felt fine.
How did Pavs only have a total one goal and no other points in the 2016 SCF??
He looked awful, that's why.
As much as Pavs was a letdown in our finals appearance, so were all of Couture, Burns and Thornton so I don't pin it all on him

Burns and Thornton looked fine in the finals from what I remember. Thornton lost his best linemate (Hertl) and his other linemate (pavelski) didn't show up at all.

Worst performers in the finals were definitely Pavelski, Polak, and Dillon (mostly due to playing with Polak)

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

He was a PPG player in the finals.

Pavelski is now the top US goal scorer in NHL playoffs, all time.

*US-born. ;)
Still amazing nonetheless, was shocked that he passed Modano. He'll be passed by Kane soon though unfortunately.

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Burns and Thornton looked fine in the finals from what I remember. Thornton lost his best linemate (Hertl) and his other linemate (pavelski) didn't show up at all.

Worst performers in the finals were definitely Pavelski, Polak, and Dillon (mostly due to playing with Polak)

He was a PPG player in the finals.

None of the 4 players I mentioned scored a single goal until we were down 3-1 and up for elimination

Couture's PPG is skewed by the 3 points he scored in Game 5, a game I honestly wish we lost so we wouldn't have to see another team skate around with the cup on our ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad