GDT: 2020 Playoffs part the second

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Yea but like no one was ever called Las Vegas a modest city. The city ethos is showmanship.

Annoying as hell that their sports team and its fans embody that, but it's not surprising. The entitled, blowhard fan mentality will go away soon enough
Yup. THey'll have a couple injuries that matter and their season will tank soon enough. It appears PDB has accelerated his coaching timeline too. He's already on year 2 or 3. Skipped making the finals in the first year and is already at forwards not scoring and team defense sucks ass. I figure at this rate he's fired by the end of next season.:laugh: Remember when they had like 5 goalies that came in and played and they still won? Now they're apparently going to blow their wad on a UFA goalie who's going to cost more than Jones. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu and Sandisfan

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
DAL and TB, huh?

tenor.gif

Hello apathy, my old friend.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
So its 30 or 31. I wish the draft would just happen already cause theres no way we draft with that pick
I’m still holding out hope they use the avalanche 2nd as trade bait and make a selection with Tampa’s 1st and our own 2nd. Two players in the top 34 would still benefit our pipeline IMO and there will be some solid prospects to be had in that range.

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
DW got fleeced in the goodrow trade. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating but would it have been difficult to add a conditional “if the lightning get to the finals, an extra 3rd pick in 2022 or if they win the finals, it turns into a 2nd”?

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
DW got fleeced in the goodrow trade. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating but would it have been difficult to add a conditional “if the lightning get to the finals, an extra 3rd pick in 2022 or if they win the finals, it turns into a 2nd”?
Geez are you nuts? He got a 1st for 4th liner who was never drafted. You should build a shrine to him that looks like a tanning bed.:laugh::laugh:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I can't not root for Joe Pavelski in these finals. He was one of my favorite players (In a way if Nolan got me into liking the Sharks, it was the Big Joe/Little Joe Duo that made me really be a fan) and I hope he and Dallas wins the cup. I'm predicting Dallas in 6, but it really could go either way.

Reactions: Groo and Sandisfan

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I definitely root Dallas! I like Benn, he was probably my favorite non-Shark some years ago and Dobby is also awesome. And there is lots of Finns playing for Dallas. I also like Pantera soo... And of course biggest reason. PAVS!!! Go get your cup CAP!

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Will Pavelski get his first Stanley cup finals goal into a manned net this time?
That was one thing what was really disappointing in 2016 Finals. How Pavelski who was well on his way to win Conn Smythe stopped producing. I bet his wrist was completely effed up as I remember that in finals he didn't shoot from 6 feet away from the net when Murray was opposite side of the net and Pavs still opted to pass instead.

I really hope he will get his redemption this year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad