Golf: 2020 PGA Championship - August 6-9

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The most consistent players here through 9 have been DJ Morikawa Scheffler. Your really have to like one of those 3 right now. Honorable mention for Casey and Finau

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who are we cheering for?

You're back. Thought you probably were gone for good.

DJ or Morikawa. DJ probably deserves to be more than a one time major winner in his mid 30's. Morikawa is going to be one of the best in the world for probably like 20 years, so this could be a big moment for golf.

And yeah, completely agree about Casey. He's really a pretty good golfer. It'd just be like a Snedeker or Kuchar winning a major. We had a few of those guys last year with Woodland and Lowry. No thanks for another one.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Ohhhhhhhh DJ. This was a golden chance to go to -11, now needs a miracle putT to do so

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Anyone else now beginning to think -11 or -12 wins? It seems 12-16 are playing harder than they were earlier today despite the hole locations seemingly making them more manageable

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The most consistent players here through 9 have been DJ Morikawa Scheffler. Your really have to like one of those 3 right now. Honorable mention for Casey and Finau

Morikawa looks the most consistent right now. And he's putting well. If he can keep calm, I think he's the one to beat here. These guys who haven't won a major have such an advantage coming down the stretch with the lack of fans.

Before the major season, I narrowed my choices down to four for the first two majors. I thought what would be needed for those first two would be pretty similar, and then regroup early November to see who are the main candidates for Augusta. I came up with Thomas, Rahm, Cantlay and Morikawa for the first two majors. To narrow it down to one pick for each, the first of the four I eliminated was Morikawa because I think its probably a year too early for him. The big stars usually need to contend once and not win to close one out. But maybe he won't. It'd be very impressive if he didn't need a loss in contention to win one.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Par on 10 is basically a bogey.

DJ is what he is at this point. Great talent, not a PGA Tour level golf IQ. He makes it worse having his brother caddy for him. AJ doesn't have a good reputation for his caddying.

You can't hit it in that bunker to the left of that green with that flag. Of course DJ does that. Gotta know where to miss. Cost DJ a shot there.

Reactions: Cody Webster

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I really like Morikawa right now but I have a bad feeling he’s gonna flug some sort of easy putt in the final 4 holes

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Probably Morikawa. I do think Day gets a lot of undeserved hate and I think his career is very underrated, so I wouldn't mind him.

Scheffler would be an interesting win as well but less nteresting than Morikawa.

After that tee shot at 12 if Scheff can make a good approach here he might have an excellent chance to be the first to -11

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is there any golfer you'd want to face more in a playoff than Finau? Almost an automatic win.

Things might be different though with no fans. Normally, you'd probably say these young guys or bad closers wouldn't do well, but all the players have talked about how it feels really different coming down the stretch to win a golf tournament without the fans. Will it be the same in a major?

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I'm watching today. It's been a while since I've watched a substantial portion of a golf tournament.

Obviously these guys are good, but holy moly has the equipment changed off of the tee. Some of the swings I'm seeing are outrageously wild and no matter what: the ball mostly goes where they're aiming and gives them the shot their looking for. I mean, these guys are swinging out of their shoes at times.

It's almost a shocker when a drive goes awry.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Is there any golfer you'd want to face more in a playoff than Finau? Almost an automatic win.

Things might be different though with no fans. Normally, you'd probably say these young guys or bad closers wouldn't do well, but all the players have talked about how it feels really different coming down the stretch to win a golf tournament without the fans. Will it be the same in a major?

I said don’t sleep on Finau today because of no fans and the fact he had not yet had one of his 62-63 sorta days despite playing well the first 3.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Scheffler both size and mannerisms reminds me so much of Molinari

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad