Oct 5, 2005
I’m gonna guess nobody had these 2 guys leading after two days

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I’m gonna guess nobody had these 2 guys leading after two days

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Hoping Cam Champ plays well enough to be there on Sunday. That guy is a generational driver of the golf ball who is Mackenzie Tour-tier with the rest of his game. Could be a real spectacle watching him play in a pressure situation.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Hope my boy Noren can show up for weekend. Was a last minute reserve, so nothing to lose here and obviously in-form with a top-3 finish the other week.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Honestly wtf has happened to Jordan Spieth. This was a guy who looked unbeatable at one point and now he can't even hit 2 good shots in a row. Fallen all the way to #62 in the world

Reactions: PanthersPens62

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Li is playing a bit scared. Too conservative so far on the approaches and putts

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Half the leaderboard right now is comprised of headcases. Really great stuff.

A bunch of inexperience too. I don’t know if I would trust Scheffler or Champ at 24 and 25 to hang on tomorrow if they had the lead, especially with all the experience that will likely be within 1-2 strokes

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Brooks has to be licking his lips at the losers around him among the leaders. Pretty much said the same in his post-round interview. Blood in the water.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There are 20 players within five of the lead. A lot of the guys out front are young players with absolutely no track of playing well in a big tournament like this or guys like DJ, Casey, Finau, Bryson, Fleetwood that don't have the most stellar records closing out wins or closing out major wins. There's also a pack of three players with Koepka, Rose and Day that I think I would trust a lot more to close out a tournament than any of the younger players or the guys who haven't yet proven themselves on a big stage like this.

The way I see it, I'm narrowing it down to four, DJ, Bryson, Koepka or Morikawa. DJ has the lead and he's probably playing better golf than anyone right now, but who knows what mood he wakes up in? Could shot 75 or 65, and I wouldn't be that surprised. Bryson is probably due to win a major, but as play gets harder tomorrow, will his style hold up? He still hasn't finished better than 15th in a major. Koepka isn't playing his best and is injured, but the guy is a machine in majors. I doubt he shoots himself out of it. Morikawa is the player I think could sneak up on everyone if the top guys don't play that well tomorrow. If he can make some putts tomorrow, you know he's going to hit it well enough to win.

I have a feeling it's going to come down to Bryson and Morikawa tomorrow. I'm going to go with Bryson, but I would not be shocked if its Morikawa. Golf still usually works that the first time a young star player contends in a major, they don't win it because they make some costly errors that a player whose been there a few times wouldn't have made. I think that probably happens with Morikawa. The guy is still barely over a year out of college golf. I think Bryson's a little more capable of closing out a major right now, although the same could be said to apply to him. He's never contended in a major.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
There are 20 players within five of the lead. A lot of the guys out front are young players with absolutely no track of playing well in a big tournament like this or guys like DJ, Casey, Finau, Bryson, Fleetwood that don't have the most stellar records closing out wins or closing out major wins. There's also a pack of three players with Koepka, Rose and Day that I think I would trust a lot more to close out a tournament than any of the younger players or the guys who haven't yet proven themselves on a big stage like this.

The way I see it, I'm narrowing it down to four, DJ, Bryson, Koepka or Morikawa. DJ has the lead and he's probably playing better golf than anyone right now, but who knows what mood he wakes up in? Could shot 75 or 65, and I wouldn't be that surprised. Bryson is probably due to win a major, but as play gets harder tomorrow, will his style hold up? He still hasn't finished better than 15th in a major. Koepka isn't playing his best and is injured, but the guy is a machine in majors. I doubt he shoots himself out of it. Morikawa is the player I think could sneak up on everyone if the top guys don't play that well tomorrow. If he can make some putts tomorrow, you know he's going to hit it well enough to win.

I have a feeling it's going to come down to Bryson and Morikawa tomorrow. I'm going to go with Bryson, but I would not be shocked if its Morikawa. Golf still usually works that the first time a young star player contends in a major, they don't win it because they make some costly errors that a player whose been there a few times wouldn't have made. I think that probably happens with Morikawa. The guy is still barely over a year out of college golf. I think Bryson's a little more capable of closing out a major right now, although the same could be said to apply to him. He's never contended in a major.

Eventually Finau will shoot one of his 60 or 61s on a Sunday. He hasn’t had that big day yet this week so maybe tomorrow is the day

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
What in the hell happened to McIlroy and Speith? They were unstoppable between them in majors for a 5 year period and now both have fallen off the face of the earth. Is the same thing going to happen to Koepka?

It seems like guys are winning majors in bunches and then fading away.

Rail on DJ all ya want for choking but at least he's been there consistently for a decade.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I’m gonna say due to weather conditions Champ and Bryce probably don’t win. They’re gonna lose yardage off their drives which for guys like them is going to add up over time. If they’re falling 10-15 yards short of normal I can’t see them winning it

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If DJ is being called 'there consistently' then the same has gotta apply to Rory, who's been way better than DJ over the past year or so.
DJ is good for 1 run at a major per year and I can't remember the last time Rory had a top 5 or even a top 10 in a major since he won the PGA in 2014. DJ has a habit of being 2nd in a runaway win(2014 US Open, 2019 PGA) which was annoying and also finished 2nd in both the Masters and PGA in 2019.

Idk how DJ comes off of a win and shoots 4 straight 77+ rounds, WDs and then comes out to SF and puts this performance together.

EDIT: both have been there, I completely forgot about Rory sneaking into top tens with a low Sunday round a bunch when he was out of it Saturday night. Idk how I forgot about his runner-up in the 2018 British.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Bryson has birdied the first two. Watch out.

The way this course has played the first 7 holes we could see something nuts where one of these guys who started -6 to -8 gets to -11 or 12 and then proceeds to give most of it back thru 14

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The way this course has played the first 7 holes we could see something nuts where one of these guys who started -6 to -8 gets to -11 or 12 and then proceeds to give most of it back thru 14

I think someone's shooting at least a 64 today. The course is playing really easy today. I think you gotta get to at least 12 to have a shot.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think someone's shooting at least a 64 today. The course is playing really easy today. I think you gotta get to at least 12 to have a shot.

DJ gives it back but would think he gets it back to -10 on 4. Early on it appears Morikawa Finau Bryson DJ Scheffler are the sharpest and have the best chance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad