Golf: 2020 PGA Championship - August 6-9

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Have barely been able to watch golf the past month or so. Been either working or having internet outages like this past weekend.

Booked Sat/Sun off and am hyped for this. Big Brooks will take this one.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m picking Cantlay this week. I liked his third and fourth rounds last week. The second looked like a huge outlier.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I’ll take Rory. If he can find the fairways with his driver he’ll do well. I know he hasn’t played particularly well lately. I think the Thursday morning wave will have an advantage over the Thursday afternoon wave due to the weather. Winds really pick up there this afternoon. Doesn’t seem as bad on Friday.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Tiger looking rough early, no pun intended. I’m surprised so far though it’s early nobody is better than -1. This is a fairly easy course with no wind which at the moment is the case

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Tiger looking rough early, no pun intended. I’m surprised so far though it’s early nobody is better than -1. This is a fairly easy course with no wind which at the moment is the case

Heck of a chip though by Tiger on that first hole to get to -1.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rahm will win.

One would think this course would really favor Bryson if he is sharp in his putting game. The wind is the question though. Sun will break out early today. Clearing line is just to their east now which is pretty far along for San Francisco at 9am.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Tiger playing alright, Rory not as much.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That’s alot of SCHs at the top of the leaderboard right now

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Tiger played good for his first round. JT played terrible by his standards, he wasn’t very good off the tee. Jason Day has been playing well as of late.

Of course Brooks is right there.

Be interesting to see how the afternoon group does with the winds picking up.

Maybe it was just me but I found Curtis Strange was awful on commentary.

Reactions: Cody Webster

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I definitely never heard of Brendon Todd til the last 2 weeks

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Impressive round from Li. I don’t expect it’ll be first by days end with all those guys at 4 and 5 under still to go. Even with wind I think someone will end the day between 9 and 11 under

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Impressive round from Li. I don’t expect it’ll be first by days end with all those guys at 4 and 5 under still to go. Even with wind I think someone will end the day between 9 and 11 under

I think the opposite, but we’ll see.

One thing I like about this course is that you can’t really make birdie from the rough. It doesn’t matter how far you are hitting it. There’s nearly no way to get it closer than around 20 feet because you have absolutely no control of the ball out of this rough. You might not make bogey if you have 150 and in left, but you aren’t going to be making birdies. If you hit fairways, it’s a pretty straightforward golf course.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Pleasantly surprised with the difficult level of the course so far. Love firm greens.

Rory making a big move now. I wonder in a hypothetical tournament with fans where Rory and Brooks are dueling head to head on Sunday, who would the crowds root for? Rory seems more likable, but Brooks is American.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad