2020 Offseason Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Just to go further into this, for people who want JVR gone but want to give up assets for Laine...

Stat
JVR
(past 3 years)
Laine
(past 3 years)
JVR
(last season)
Laine
(last season)
Total games
213​
232​
66​
68​
Total goals/60
1.50​
1.50​
1.16​
1.27​
Total points/60
2.59​
2.69​
2.44​
2.86​
Total ixG/60
1.29​
0.95​
1.10​
0.93​
5v5 CF% (rel)
51.29 (+2.16)
47.37 (-3.32)
52.95 (+2.06)
46.90 (-2.42)
5v5 xGF% (rel)
52.46 (+3.86)
44.29 (-5.24)
55.60 (+6.81)
42.62 (-1.88)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I'll keep JVR, those assets, and the cap room. Thanks.

remind me how old Laine is?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hey guys, I heard from a source of mine that the Flyers were calling the Jets about Laine. Lets say a deal could get done what would be acceptable from your point of view? Would Frost+Myers+Farabee be on the table? Too much? Would you add your 1st this year?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I periodically check Anthony Di Marco’s tweets due to the unintentional hilarity. In recent days, these were some actual takes from him:

“If Cam York pans out he makes Sanheim expendable.”

“ACTUAL scouts I’ve talked to say Zamula needs several years in the AHL. So, the Flyers should trade him for immediate help now.”

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I periodically check Anthony Di Marco is tweets due to the unintentional hilarity. In recent days, these were some actual takes from him:

“ACTUAL scouts I’ve talked to say Zamula needs several years in the AHL. So, the Flyers should trade him for immediate help now.”
Is that a writer?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I periodically check Anthony Di Marco’s tweets due to the unintentional hilarity. In recent days, these were some actual takes from him:

That dude is so f***ing stupid I had to block him on Twitter despite not even Following him.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I kind of want JVR gone so we have room for our younger players. And maybe get a mid-late to late 1st for JVR.

Also, if we aren't going to play Ghost, I'd rather trade him for a decent pick or a good prospect.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

To be fair I’ve had a scout tell me Zamula needs work on his skating/foot speed

Reactions: Adtar02

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I kind of want JVR gone so we have room for our younger players. And maybe get a mid-late to late 1st for JVR.

Also, if we aren't going to play Ghost, I'd rather trade him for a decent pick or a good prospect.
If Fletcher does trade JVR it would probably have to involve almost 50% retention especially if the team we were trading him to would offer a mid to late 1st rounder which would be surprising to offer for JVR at his current value.

I don’t believe the Flyers would get much value for Gostisbehere at this time, I’d hang onto him.
If Bruan isn’t going to be resigned Ghost should get some ice time with the rookie Friedman splitting 6 and 7 with Ghost on a truncated game schedule for 20-21 also injury’s may play a part as well.

AV not playing Ghost much especially in the playoffs probably devalued Ghost more then what he was coming off injury.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I wouldn't trade York straight up for Laine, York is a cost controlled, top D-man prospect who is ED exempt, Laine is a defensive liability and will require a big contract in a year and be protected in the ED.

Reactions: renberg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Same people who want to ship out van Riemsdyk want to add Laine? What the f***?
Apparently JVR is too one-dimensional and his defense sucks, so we should do whatever it takes to get rid of him (even if it means retaining cap and adding a pick) and then trade a haul to acquire Laine.

It’s exactly as confusing and contradictory as it initially seems, so I have to assume the only logic behind it is that Laine perfectly fits the stereotype of “sniper”... and thats all it takes for people to want him. The media has convinced many that a sniper is the most important thing in the world and what we’ve desperately needed for a decade. The lack of goal scoring in this years playoffs - which had nothing to do with a lack of goal scoring ability - just further cemented that.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
The trade price is such that you'd cripple your ability to build around them. The FA price would have the same impact. It's not the easy decision you make it out to be.

Reminds me of the time I went in to the bank looking for my first mortgage.

Mid 20s, making a decent but entry level salary. Mortgage broker says to me I’m pre approved up to $725,000.

I burst out laughing, then said “are you serious??”

Anyway, my floors are really comfortable for sleeping and I get to pretend like I’m camping every night.

PS - Please send food.

tl;dr just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I like JVR, just think his cap hit is about 1.5 million too high. But if anyone thinks they are getting a first for him, well, you might need rehab.

If any team was willing to give up a 1st for a 31 year old winger, on the downside of his career and with 3 years left at a 7 million cap hit, he’d already be long gone

Reactions: Flyer lurker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad