2020 Offseason Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
From the thread Part II:

Does it really? He was a trainwreck of a 2nd pairing defenseman in the playoffs. If he's what it takes to address other needs, I wouldn't write it off. He's not as good as people think.

GB's viewing of Sanheim's playoffs:

C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
giphy.gif

Closer to reality:

VibrantImprobableDorking-size_restricted.gif

Striiker ID's the culprit:

iu

C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif

Sanheim remembers being on the 3rd pairing with Hagg:

C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif

iu

Our expectation for Sanheim next year:

ThomasFlameGif.gif

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
This was quite the storytelling session.

I'll paraphrase Striiker in saying you go looking for one innocent little photo and the Internet gives you so much more. I just had to use the apocalyptical dancing Thomas one that was included in the search results, and the game was afoot.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'll paraphrase Striiker in saying you go looking for one innocent little photo and the Internet gives you so much more. I just had to use the apocalyptical dancing Thomas one that was included in the search results, and the game was afoot.
You have to be very careful. Sometimes you find greatness, sometimes you find things that are... not so great.

On a completely unrelated note, https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/ needs to change their name.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I swear on my life, someone asked what I was doing and I responded "I'm looking for socks on Dicks" before I even realized what I said...

They're having a 50% off flash sale and I just threw out a bunch of old socks, so I wanted to see if I could get more for cheap.

I'm suing.

Don't worry, I too have gone to dicks dot com and expected to see baseballs and footballs but found.... 'other' balls.

Except I did it at work.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
With regard to off-season moves, I really hope we don't do anything ridiculously stupid.

I can deal with somewhat stupid....or even stupid....but ridiculously stupid is where I draw the damn line. Reading that people want Sanheim traded is GD insane.

I think I saw Rebels57 mention he may be out if they re-sign Thompson. I think I'd join him.

PLAY THE KIDS for f***s sake!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With regard to off-season moves, I really hope we don't do anything ridiculously stupid.

I can deal with somewhat stupid....or even stupid....but ridiculously stupid is where I draw the damn line. Reading that people want Sanheim traded is GD insane.

I think I saw Rebels57 mention he may be out if they re-sign Thompson. I think I'd join him.

PLAY THE KIDS for f***s sake!

That is correct. Cant do it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, Thompson would be an upgrade over Andreoff as the designated stiff, wouldn't move the needle for me.
Now if they give Hagg something like Edmundson (E +/- -10.0), yeah, then I got a problem.
4 yr/$3.5M a year for a third pair defenseman.

Reactions: lancer247
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad