Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
ditto

the fact that Krug is getting ripped and run out of town as overpriced and 1 dimensional, yet folks are willing to give up multiple assets to get another Krug who's 30 and owed 8.25 a year for 7 more years is mind boggling.

The difference between OEL and Krug is not a 1st, 2 good prospects and 1-2 mill a year. You can easily argue they are equal players and there's no question Krug is a playoff warrior while OEL is a shrinking violet
They are not close to equal

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Any GM worth his own weight would be salivating to be in this position, but play it safe Don will find ways to screw it up, the owners have to see how incompetent he is.

Agreed! I cannot think of a time in Bruins history that the top UFA forward is actually going to have to take less money and has publicly stated he will take a shorter deal on a contender AND the other glaring need is a LHD to replace the two leaving and one will waive for only two teams, Boston and a cap starved team. I cannot remember something like this falling into the Bruins lap before.

I can think of Tampa Bay having that luxury last year with guys wanting to go there, but this is a first and perhaps a last for Boston, and certainly this core.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Question for the board:

What are you willing to give up for Zadorov, Jost and a 2nd in 2021?
Well if I didn’t know any better I would say this is roughly the parameters of the Rask deal. I would want the 2nd rounder to be a conditional 1st if Tuukka the-signs, but other than that it’s okay I guess

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Would guess the first two names were Studnicka and Swayman.
I wouldn’t do that deal I walk away and leave AZ hanging or dump him in Vancouver either way it’s a win. Go after Hannifin, sign Hall, and move Rask and sign a goalie you improved.. COL/ EDM are great trade partners or work a three way trade which is unlikely but you never know

Reactions: bbfan419

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Would guess the first two names were Studnicka and Swayman.
Not necessarily. It could be some middling prospect for all we know. Donny is scared to make a big trade which would hinder him from bringing back Krug. Trent Fredric can go though...

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I also like Athanasiou from that list

You'd hate him quickly. He was absolutely terrible for Edmonton. They brought him in for speed and to possibly play with McDavid and by the end of the year and playoffs he was a healthy scratch and permanent 4th liner. His hockey sense and skill-level fell off a cliff this year.

You'd get much more from Kuraly at this point. His regression was that startlingly bad.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I will pay extra for them to keep Zadorov.
That’s fine you could get other players or prospects or even draft picks from somewhere else. If people can move on from Tom Brady or David Ortiz they can move on from any Boston athlete. I didn’t say you gotta like Brady ... but respecting him . Using him as an example in for Rask.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They each have 3 yrs left

But they both are still great players and Hawks rebuilding likely retain to get as much back as possible

It is awful day for Hawk fans and I can only imagine how Kane , Toews and Keith feel and with Bowman saying to press the team is rebuilding and will have major changes that means those 3 likely will be asked about if they want to be traded

Kane/Toews may stay but Keith at his age will likely be looking for final chance at cup IMO

Crawford was with organization since 2003

Keith was the least surprising to me of those you mentioned. Kane the most. But if they are truly blowing everything up, it's inevitable, I guess.

Not many 2003 guys left with their original teams. Bergeron, Getzlaf, Brown, off the top of my head.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
That’s fine you could get other players or prospects or even draft picks from somewhere else. If people can move on from Tom Brady or David Ortiz they can move on from any Boston athlete. I didn’t say you gotta like Brady ... but respecting him . Using him as an example in for Rask.
Did you mean to quote my post?

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Rask ,
Sign Crawford

Yo get a d man with potential because they love the word potential a draft pick you use a TDL and a prospect.

Your second line improves

Goalie has been there and won cups

Cap space for someone else and you keep the prospects you have big plans
How does the second line improve?
With Jost....hard no on the 2nd

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
It sounds like if the Bruins/Yotes close the gap, OEL is on his way to Boston.

BUT, if this is the road they want to travel, then they'd better make sure Arizona is retaining or you will see another level of "Dom is losing it" tomorrow.
DistantMarriedGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad