Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It sounds like if the Bruins/Yotes close the gap, OEL is on his way to Boston.

BUT, if this is the road they want to travel, then they'd better make sure Arizona is retaining or you will see another level of "Dom is losing it" tomorrow.

No one wants to see that. I guess I can't speak for anyone else, but I like the "normal" Dom better :) So here's hoping if the deal gets done AZ is retaining a mil or mil and half or so.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Would guess the first two names were Studnicka and Swayman.
I’d guess the first is a left shot defenseman to plays OEL position who’s expansion protected in first contract who projects to be a solid second pair - a high floor regardless

Vaakanainen

the other guy is Frederic or Beecher

desperate people make bad decisions more often than not

Sweeney should have 0.0 desperation

Armstrong 99.9

If I’m Donny Hockey I can do Vaakanainen a lower level prospect but not Studnicka, Frederic, or Beecher or Swayman.

Moore as well and a 2 but no one

Getting out from under $60 M and Boston’s best defensive prospect who’s close to stepping in is more than enough

Don’t like it? Go trade him to Vancouver

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Question for the board:

What are you willing to give up for Zadorov, Jost and a 2nd in 2021?

In all seriousness, that's essentially a 5th defenseman, a stagnating young 3rd liner (who, by the way, basically had the same stat line as Bjork), and pick 60. I'm not sure why we should be giving up anything great for that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I’d guess the first is a left shot defenseman to plays OEL position who’s expansion protected in first contract who projects to be a solid second pair - a high floor regardless

Vaakanainen

the other guy is Frederic or Beecher

desperate people make bad decisions more often than not

Sweeney should have 0.0 desperation

Armstrong 99.9

If I’m Donny Hockey I can do Vaakanainen a lower level prospect but not Studnicka, Frederic, or Beecher or Swayman.

Moore as well and a 2 but no one

Getting out from under $60 M and Boston’s best defensive prospect who’s close to stepping in is more than enough

Don’t like it? Go trade him to Vancouver

If Don doesn't do Vaak and Freddy I think he is doing himself a disservice. Get them to eat 2m per and Moore.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
So Rask just confirmed he got a call from his wife that his daughter needs medical help and he’s looking at playing for few years and helping the team as much as possible.

You got that impression from his Finnish podcast interview in the summer and that he just didn’t quit because he didn’t like it
All of these things were known since basically the day after he left the bubble, but that still didn't stop morons from calling him a "quitter"

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Well that settles the silly rumours...or does it?
It doesn't settle anything. I talked to someone who would know (not Dom) who says that he heard Cam is "done" with Rask, hence the movement to trade him. We know Dom said that he heard the orders to trade him came from above Sweeney, but as far as I know he never specified who exactly that was. I can't imagine Cam settling for keeping Rask around, now, but we'll see, I guess.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Rask isn’t expecting to get dealt.
“I think Sweeney came out and said that’s not going to happen,” Rask told Conroy. “I don’t want to play for anybody else but the Bruins. …
“I don’t see any reason for that,” Rask later noted. “I’ve been here for a long time and the organization’s been so great for me. We’ve built our home in Boston and we call this home. So, yeah, I don’t want to play for anybody else. I think where my head’s at is focusing on next year and then hopefully a couple of more years after that and then pass the torch for the next guy after that. I want to help the organization as much as I can.”

Rask was a Vezina Trophy finalist this past season. He went 26-8-6 with a .929 save percentage.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It doesn't settle anything. I talked to someone who would know (not Dom) who says that he heard Cam is "done" with Rask, hence the movement to trade him. We know Dom said that he heard the orders to trade him came from above Sweeney, but as far as I know he never specified who exactly that was. I can't imagine Cam settling for keeping Rask around, now, but we'll see, I guess.

I really wish they'd dump Cam TBH. Great player, but sucks as an executive. He's the same guy that basically ran Seguin out of town and look what we have to show for it....nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad