Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
OK. I just wasn't sure if Arizona retaining salary through the duration the contract was a sticking point for the Bruins

He's owed $31.5 million in the three years following the 2020/2021 season. By the fourth year, Moore's contract would be up. You can't count him as "lowering the cap hit."

Damn straight they want the Yotes to retain.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Curious why you think the Q is by far the worst?
Not him and this isn't the whole story, but Jacob Lauko's season up there shows at least part of the problem.

After being drafted in the third round, Lauko decided to come overseas and play for Rouyn-Noranda of the QMJHL. Fans on this subforum would look at his production and say things like, "He's doing great," or, "Lauko looks like a steal." And at first glace, going almost a point per game is pretty impressive, even though he was 19.

The problem was, if you look at all the other drafted wingers playing in the Q that season, almost all of them were significantly more productive, from the first rounders to the seventh. There were, like, four kids who had lower numbers (two of them were Habs draftees, lol).

So was Lauko good? Was he just an average QMJHL 19 year old wing? Do Guns and Timmons up in Montreal just suck? Or is that league a shitshow?

Standard caveat: sometimes, the Q looks normal.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
He's owed $31.5 million in the three years following the 2020/2021 season. By the fourth year, Moore's contract would be up. You can't count him as "lowering the cap hit."

Damn straight they want the Yotes to retain.
I have no source for this, just an opinion, but I wonder if the sticking point is Captain Jack? I mean if they were asking for Urho and Bjork I’d imagine the deal would be done by now. I can’t see the Bruins sending Studnicka the other way.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Did any local media put Sweeney to task to explain the dumpster fire he produced yesterday? Or are there no journalists with any balls remaining in the world?

No. What’s the point?

You just tee up Donny saying, “We have our board and we go by it.”

In a fantasy world, I’d love him to say, “I couldn’t care less about TSN, or some journalist’s rankings, we’re professionals.” I’m definitely not saying he’s right or agreeing, but that would be honest.

But he’d never say that. Just the canned, bland, response we already know.

Reactions: Gordoff

LongIslandBruinsFan

Dec 6, 2014
OK. I just wasn't sure if Arizona retaining salary through the duration the contract was a sticking point for the Bruins
It very well could be. Having Moore still on the team for the expansion draft would be very advantageous for the Bruins too. If there was a big sticking point, it would be asked to include a Carlo or a DeBrusk in the deal versus just prospects.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I feel like Sweeney is playing hardball in the sense that he doesn't want to give up more and is waiting them out. If they weren't the initiators on trading for OEL then to them it might not be a priority to whatever else they're cooking up. So they're content in waiting to see if AZ finally takes what they're offering and don't want to put in whatever might be necessary to convince AZ to retain.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
No. What’s the point?

You just tee up Donny saying, “We have our board and we go by it.”

In a fantasy world, I’d love him to say, “I couldn’t care less about TSN, or some journalist’s rankings, we’re professionals.” I’m definitely not saying he’s right or agreeing, but that would be honest.

But he’d never say that. Just the canned, bland, response we already know.

uhh, because then you challenge the "board", and how asinine it appears?

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
If I'm Don I keep texting/emailing/sending UPS next day letters to Armstrong reminding him of the 10M OEL is owed next year in real $$.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
uhh, because then you challenge the "board", and how asinine it appears?

I don’t know. I hire a GM, not a robot to pick from TSN.

Now, no doubt, I totally agree DS takes it to an absolutely stupid level. A level that says, I’m playing by myself and everyone else doesn’t matter...which totally disregards the value of picks.

It wouldn’t even bother me (for now) if DS picks his own groceries, whatever prospects he wants, but for God’s sake trade your early round picks. No GM is going to “scoop you” in the 2nd round for a 7th rounder.

But once again, as far as bringing it up to DS goes...pointless...

“We have our board. That kid is a 2nd rounder.”

What can you say?

We’ll definitely see.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I don’t know. I hire a GM, not a robot to pick from TSN.

Now, no doubt, I totally agree DS takes it to an absolutely stupid level. A level that says, I’m playing by myself and everyone else doesn’t matter...which totally disregards the value of picks.

It wouldn’t even bother me (for now) if DS picks his own groceries, whatever prospects he wants, but for God’s sake trade your early round picks. No GM is going to “scoop you” in the 2nd round for a 7th rounder.

But once again, as far as bringing it up to DS goes...pointless...

“We have our board. That kid is a 2nd rounder.”

What can you say?

We’ll definitely see.
Nah, this is a fairly easy thing to press on. There's deviating from a norm, and there is reaching a level of ridiculous that they did, where choices extend beyond any degree of sensibility. Fans who invest in this team are OWED an explanation.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
12 pm Free Agency begins. I will me on the road to Huntsville Ontario. Going to be a beautiful weekend up North.

I take it Hall has much to do with the hold up on OEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad