2020 Off-Season Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Thoughts on Borowiecki as a UFA addition? He made 1.2 mil in Ottawa and should get around the same deal in UFA. It's only a few more 100k than what Bush would get and a decent upgrade on that player.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Thoughts on Borowiecki as a UFA addition? He made 1.2 mil in Ottawa and should get around the same deal in UFA. It's only a few more 100k than what Bush would get and a decent upgrade on that player.

That or Beaulieu or Bogosian.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Funny how players are best when playing the proper place in the lineup!!!! One major problem with the Coyotes is that there is almost no 1st line players so everyone is too far up the lineup.
True, and not much in the way of muscle. Crouse will also have to pick it up in that department.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I agree with this, but Fischer really has disappointed. Like you said his QO is low, but his mind set must be adjusted. He really is useless if he doesn't use his body and get a mean streak in him.
He's still young enough to turn things around. It's possible that he and Crouse are destined to play that power forward style, but our roster has no veteran presence in that mold for them to follow so they're going into it blindly. Tocchet played that way, but bear with me here, it's possible Tocchet hasn't been the best at communicating what's best for those type of players to thrive and develop.

Anyway, Fischer is young enough and not that costly that resigning him sounds like a low risk. Only way we don't qualify him is if we're really pressed up against the cap/budget.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
From the trade board:

I'd hate to miss out because we got greedy.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Depends where the first rounder is. If it's San Jose offering Tampa's (30th or 31st overall), that's not all too appealing.
That I can agree with, but if we're squeezing Calgary at 19, ...

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Could Calgary possibly be crazy enough to give up a guy like Jakob Pelletier? Rather him than the first rounder.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I would like #19 quite a lot.

I'm a Kuemper fan (obviously) but he's a huge asset now at a time when our GM is starting a rebuild. We'll have enough time to find the next Kuemper.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Corey Schneider fetched #8 overall or something like that. I think the ask for Kuemper is totally fair and not greedy at all.

Reactions: RemoAZ

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Corey Schneider fetched #8 overall or something like that. I think the ask for Kuemper is totally fair and not greedy at all.
Which was a bad trade then, and a worse trade now. Erat fetched Forsberg once. It's a cautionary tale, not the bar for a trade.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Well yes, we know that with the gift of hindsight. Any trade can become lopsided. I thought they overpaid for him but if Schneider plays well the trade doesn't end a bad one.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
How much money did the regular season hero, playoff zero Bryz get?
Chayka had a philosophy of not giving goalies big salaries and I think it's a fantastic plan. If we're lucky enough to find the next Bryz, I hope we refuse to pay him more than a 2nd line forward. There's fewer than 31 starting NHL jobs available. Our goalie should appreciate the opportunity and will hopefully accept less than maximum.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Ninth pick (Horvat picked), I was there, with my Dad, it was awesome..... at the time I thought NJ did well :eek:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Chayka had a philosophy of not giving goalies big salaries and I think it's a fantastic plan. If we're lucky enough to find the next Bryz, I hope we refuse to pay him more than a 2nd line forward. There's fewer than 31 starting NHL jobs available. Our goalie should appreciate the opportunity and will hopefully accept less than maximum.
Yep, I’ve done an about face on this one myself. With the training these days, goalies are far more uniform as a whole and I see no reason to overspend on what are so often head cases anyway. Although, I think we’re seeing fewer head cases with the uniformity.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yep, I’ve done an about face on this one myself. With the training these days, goalies are far more uniform as a whole and I see no reason to overspend on what are so often head cases anyway. Although, I think we’re seeing fewer head cases with the uniformity.
Goalies, in general have never been paid for their value. There are exceptions of course, but there has been a shift in goalie's salaries the last number of years to get more than what they use to get.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My guess is we trade Kuemper - because he'll get us nice assets (I think BA wants a 2021 1st, instead of a 2020) and we'll trade Gogo because he's part of the country club. I think OEL will outlast Tocchet so we can see if he finds his form.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Coyotes would need to be 'very creative' to sign Hall, GM says

"It'd have to be very creative to keep him [in Arizona]," Coyotes general manager Bill Armstrong said Wednesday. "That's something we're going to explore. We're never going to turn our eye to talent like that. He's a heck of a player, but we've got to explore. These are [things that are] going to happen between now and free agency. We're going to explore everything."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad