Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Back from the golf course.

Nice 38-39 77 in cold windy weather.

Is Hall a Bruins yet?

Those scores are entirely out of my realm of understanding.
Lol

Played more this summer than any time in the last 20 year (9 holes about 15 times) and was able to eke out a 42 once. The rest were 46+.

Oh, and I tore my rotator cuff 5 weeks ago.

But I digress!

Hall, Hoffman, Dadanov and a LD and I’ll be ecstatic.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You have disgraced yourself beyond measure...

Nope. Not when I read fans who would hardball a stud like Hall because they didn’t get an answer when they want.

At the end of the day, Sweeney is an NHL GM. He’s not an idiot even when he is an idiot in our eyes haha. We all would run the Bruins into the ground in a matter of 24 hours in his position.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Also, this unique year has GM's and agents trying to 'backload' contracts to avoid the escrow of the next three years. 30% off the top the minute you sign is huge but if its 30% of $2,000,000 and then 20% of $4,000,000 and then 10% of $10,000,000 (pure examples as I know the salary incremental limits here) you can see how the negotiations make this one a unique experience.

Yes, something I have been talking about since the new CBA was agreed to. It's the new norm. But so are 2 year contracts.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Nope. Not when I read fans who would hardball a stud like Hall because they didn’t get an answer when they want.

At the end of the day, Sweeney is an NHL GM. He’s not an idiot even when he is an idiot in our eyes haha. We all would run the Bruins into the ground in a matter of 24 hours in his position.

seems like hall has a small market and he’s waiting for Sweeney to bid against himself.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Last one we lost out on was Tavares...and I recall Kovalchuk.. other recent disappointments?
The Iginla one hurt. They win the cup against Chicago with him. And yes that was a TDL thing but it was still rejection lol.

Well him and if Seguin played.

I’m aware he was there btw.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
You know something lol blink twice if Hall is signing with the Bruins! lol

I honestly don't know. Several people have reached out and asked me in DM, some of them I would even tell if I knew. Even @DKH who I tell everything to has reached out via text a lot. But I don't know anymore then I said yesterday, they had another conversation. Was it the agent reaching out looking to see if there was more they could do? I don't know.

I did send TH a message through twitter, but alas, he has not replied.

Reactions: Mione134

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
With escrow the players now want the opposite; backloaded which works great for now but hard to move him later. He'd be a Bruin for the rest of his career though if he finds chemistry with the Rocket Richard winner.

Significantly front-loaded contracts are also no longer allowed under the new CBA. The first year in a front-loaded contract can't have a salary more than 25% greater than the subsequent year, and the difference between the highest and lowest paid years can't be more than 40%. Hall's still too young for that kind of deal to be attractive to him in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad