GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
lmfao...... I’m sorry but what? If he was going to be in Nashville, he would already. Montreal? Already be there. KHL? He’d already be there.

This line of thinking makes 0.0 sense.

If the Bruins wanted him, they would have signed him. Not have a salary slot, not wait and see, no peek-a-boo shit etc. If you want a player like Hall to compete for a cup, you get it done. Now if hes holding it up I stand corrected. But I think we all know this is Sweeney's pattern. A very deliberate, precise focus.

If I were Sweeney and Hall couldn't choose between the Bruins and lets say Nashville, screw him I move on to other options. Mike Hoffman, welcome to the Boston Bruins.

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Cant donny sign hall a front loaded contract long term pay lots of money up front and end of it for peanuts and keep him 7 years . ? I'm no cap guy but there must be a way to make him happy and us too.

With escrow the players now want the opposite; backloaded which works great for now but hard to move him later. He'd be a Bruin for the rest of his career though if he finds chemistry with the Rocket Richard winner.

Reactions: The don godfather

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If the Bruins wanted him, the would have signed him. Not have a salary slot, not wait and see, no peek-a-boo shit etc. If you want a player like Hall to compete for a cup, you get it done. Now if hes holding it up I stand corrected. But I think we all know this is Sweeney's pattern. A very deliberate, precise focus.

If I were Sweeney and Hall couldn't choose between the Bruins and lets say Nashville, screw him I move on to other options. Mike Hoffman, welcome to the Boston Bruins.

Posts like this actually make me happy Sweeney is GM (and I’m not happy with him lately). This is some backwards ass thinking.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
My favorite Taylor Hall tweet of all time. Probably why I bookmarked it

Now get this guy in Boston and give him a Rocket as a partner on the wing for as long as he wants to sign here for. So much money coming off the books and even at the end of a five year deal I could see 63 and 37 being a solid 3rd line.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Now get this guy in Boston and give him a Rocket as a partner on the wing for as long as he wants to sign here for. So much money coming off the books and even at the end of a five year deal I could see 63 and 37 being a solid 3rd line.
He gave Backes and Moore stupid money

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Posts like this actually make me happy Sweeney is GM (and I’m not happy with him lately). This is some backwards ass thinking.
If it was dubas yes sign a blank cheque. I hope donny can save some money with the term of the contract and fit jake. But if its only a bit more money to get it done then seal it donny. You can send Moore packing.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think the backup plan, or possible a plan 1A is to take on contracts on good but not necessarily star players to solidify the lineup. There are a lot of teams that need to shed a contract or two.

For instance, if Vegas signs Pietrangelo, they will probably shed a top 4 defenseman or top 9 forward for very little return. I don't think Vegas can move Fleury's total salary in trade, so another player is leaving with almost no salary going back.

Sweeney has pretty much stated that he likes his D core moving fwd. And Vaaka and Zboril are excited

I doubt Bruins will obtain another D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad