GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
OK, enough cameos, nor more encores, I'm officially out this time. Sweeney's moves this past week were the trigger for a short-lived revival, I needed someplace to vent, and as always you fine folks lend an ear. It's time to go. Into semi-retirement at least.

It's like that scene in Godfather III. Just when I think I was out, they pull me back in.

Hopefully Sweeney has a move or two up his sleeve yet this offseason, because I'm afraid what we've seen so far just ain't gonna cut it. This is still a playoff team, but it's not a contender as currently constructed. Maybe some of the young guys would change that, but up front at least, their ain't much room for them now. I can't see how Sweeney doesn't at least clear a roster spot or two, even if the return is draft picks.

Take care folks, stay healthy and stay safe!
Hey there bro, you picked a difficult time to try to go Cold Turkey from this place.... Now, the clock has to be reset and you start all over. HFBA (HOCKEY'S FUTURE BOARDS ANONYMOUS) :confused:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Forget D get hall. Let zboril play full time and dont forget vak and lauzon also want to be full timers. I also bet kevan millar is back to form punishing forwards who enter our zone. Get hall and dump Moore somewhere and let's go !!!

Reactions: Mione134

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
So hold on a minute. Kevan Miller has a $2M cap hit with his bonuses?? That can’t be.
giphy.gif

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Yeah, the bonuses seem to be mostly quickly attained. Would have liked to see a solid portion of that 2nd million be tied to him being in the lineup for most of the season.
Well now I’m pissed off at the deal. That’s another $2M/yr that likely won’t be in the lineup. Between him and Moore, that’s damn near $5M for 7/8 defencemen.

Absolutely f***ing disgusting cap management.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Ill pass on giving him any credit until I see that he actually has a plan. Talking to Hall, and keeping lines of communication open with other players in the mean-time, well that's his job and every GM around the league is doing the same. This isn't a great achievement by no means or at least I hope it isn't for him. Lol :laugh: . I want results and a GM who actually has a plan, and a back up, to a back up, if need be and I really question Sweeney ability now more than ever.

Krug on record as saying. "There was just no communication "It was pulled from me. I didn't have an offer, " Krug said. "When they offer me a year ago and then it's gone.

Is that how Sweeney does business with a guy who laid it all on the line for the team. So what's his plan, knowing he wasn't signing Krug, one would hope he's way ahead of the game but now he needs defensive help as much as offense, once he proves he has a plan and puts in in effect I'll give him credit but not until.

I'd say that's just one side of the story...doesn't look good, but we don't know the other side.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I'd like to finally see what the team has in Zborill/Vaak

Bring back Chara as a mentor 7th/8th

Lauzon/Mac
Grizz/Carlo
Chara/Zboril/Vaak//Miller

Not pretty but if not now then when will we ever see what we have in them?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So hold on a minute. Kevan Miller has a $2M cap hit with his bonuses?? That can’t be.

Technically, no. It should technically be $1M cap hit, and then he has bonuses on top of that. Those would either end up on this coming year's cap, if there's space, or be pushed onto the following year if there isn't space.

I'm not sure why the Bruins twitter account posted that it's a $1.25M cap hit. Maybe because Miller has a $250k Day 1 roster bonus. It's not on CapFriendly yet, so I'm guessing they're still trying to figure it out.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad