GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Me too. I really like the opportunity Carolina presents with their LHD.

I'm also cheering for Calgary to sign Pietrangelo and move Hanifin for help in the top 9...

I'd rather keep JDB and trade Bjork. I think he can be a good player, but Jake is more valuable with us. Bjork can be traded. We have good prospects who can fill his "void".

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
OK, enough cameos, nor more encores, I'm officially out this time. Sweeney's moves this past week were the trigger for a short-lived revival, I needed someplace to vent, and as always you fine folks lend an ear. It's time to go. Into semi-retirement at least.

It's like that scene in Godfather III. Just when I think I was out, they pull me back in.

Hopefully Sweeney has a move or two up his sleeve yet this offseason, because I'm afraid what we've seen so far just ain't gonna cut it. This is still a playoff team, but it's not a contender as currently constructed. Maybe some of the young guys would change that, but up front at least, their ain't much room for them now. I can't see how Sweeney doesn't at least clear a roster spot or two, even if the return is draft picks.

Take care folks, stay healthy and stay safe!

We'll be here all week, try the veal, don't forget to tip the waitress.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
There is real reason for optimism:

Boston hasn't signed Hoffman/Toffoli/Dadonov. Why not? They have been told they are still in on Hall. If they are out, one of those are in and signed and Sweeney has his presser and focuses on a trade for a LHD.

Coach, IF we dont get Hall are are forced to settle on one of those 3 names, who would you choose? Players who spent all their careers in the Western Conference means I know very little about them..

I just fear another Backes or Beleskey/Hayes signing..That's why I hope that IF they sign someone else, it's short term..

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
OK, enough cameos, nor more encores, I'm officially out this time. Sweeney's moves this past week were the trigger for a short-lived revival, I needed someplace to vent, and as always you fine folks lend an ear. It's time to go. Into semi-retirement at least.

It's like that scene in Godfather III. Just when I think I was out, they pull me back in.

Hopefully Sweeney has a move or two up his sleeve yet this offseason, because I'm afraid what we've seen so far just ain't gonna cut it. This is still a playoff team, but it's not a contender as currently constructed. Maybe some of the young guys would change that, but up front at least, their ain't much room for them now. I can't see how Sweeney doesn't at least clear a roster spot or two, even if the return is draft picks.

Hang on..How long are you leaving us??? Hopefully just a short break??

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Coach, I've been a fan for around 50 years, a VERY dedicated fan. I dont even know now what I posted to be honest..I think the point I was trying to make was, you still have to have a good regular season just to get in postseason.. THIS was the point: IF we can continue to add to the core of players that had success in Boston that past 2-3 yrs, we can soon get back into serious contention..

I dont care about regular season BUT they still have to get in and it's a long 82 games{I guess]..Taylor Hall, along with Craig Smith makes a big difference to a team IF we can get him..If not, I hope there's a plan 2 in place cause every day players are changing teams..

Smith plus Dadonov/Hoffman would give us more firepower, no question. I do think Hall is better than both, but also they would be cheaper therefore a little bit easier to make room to upgrade defense as well.

Reactions: GloveSave1

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Coach, IF we dont get Hall are are forced to settle on one of those 3 names, who would you choose? Players who spent all their careers in the Western Conference means I know very little about them..

I just fear another Backes or Beleskey/Hayes signing..That's why I hope that IF they sign someone else, it's short term..

Nice to see you around as well! Some of the old time best of the best coming out during the free agent frenzy!

member 96824

Has anyone confirmed the Kevan Miller deal is in fact the $1M+$1M in bonuses or if it’s a straight 1 year 1.25?

Reactions: Coach Parker

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Always nice to have a place to vent. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad