Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft Thread

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Dunno. It's my main beef with the lottery. It feels terrible to finish last (2nd to, but you know) AND lose out on Hughes/Kakko as opposed to at least having hope of making the playoffs AND a potential bonus pick.

Sure, you rebuild with generational superstars and whatnot, but that guarantee is off the table now.

Can you imagine ending up with Noah Hanifin/Pavel Zacha instead of Connor McDavid as your reward for last season, only to have a rival scoop McDavid?

That’s certainly a positive of what happened last season. The difference between Hughes and Turcotte isn’t huge. It looks to be much the same this year, except that the top five or so players this year will all potentially be game-breaking talents. I think any of the top three (Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond) would have gone first overall last year.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
You can make a case that we need any one of the top players in the draft.

With so many holes and even with good recent drafts we pretty much have Kopitar as a true first line player. I won't mind a top 3 winger (Lafreniere of course, then Raymond, Holts or Perfetti) .
Having a healthy and developing Vilardi by this summer?... will certainly change the forwards outlook along with Kaliyev and Turcotte who will both add some offensive. Alot of middle to bottom 6 forward prospects, we really need to land some high end forwards to play with Kopitar\Turcotte and possibly Vilardi.

On Defense, we have Doughty, Bjornfot, Anderson and Walker. I think we will make a trade or sign a UFA for some established D.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Stuzle is who I want if going F and not Lafreniere, Byfield, or Drysdale.

Nice thing is anywhere in the top 5-10 this draft we are getting a top tier/elite piece.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m not worried about if we draft a F or D. Our prospect pool now means that either option would work well for us. We will pick top 5 in all likelihood so as long as we base our pick on the highest ceiling and compete level I’ll be happy.

I have no view on Lafreniere specifically but scorers in the Q make me nervous. It’s a relatively easy league to score in and big numbers in the Q frequently do not translate. Pick any year and look at the list of top scorers and see how few make any meaningful pro impact. It’s scary. Crosby and his compete level are the exception IMO, so big numbers alone wouldn’t excite me with a player from that league.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Byfirld and Akil Thomas put up 2 points in the Canada/Russia series game last night (different lines)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's a great year to be bad.

A guy who is really going nuclear and make some hard decisions at the end is Rossi. My god is he something else. Blake Lizotte on roids.

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
It's a great year to be bad.

A guy who is really going nuclear and make some hard decisions at the end is Rossi. My god is he something else. Blake Lizotte on roids.
We are going to walk away with a top 10 pick and one of: Lafrienne, Byfield, Raymond, Stutzle, Askarov, Drysdale, Holtz, Perfetti, Lundell, or Rossi and that is sick. Personally have a big preference for one of the first six listed. Stutzle imo is E. Pettersson in this draft. There is a reason one keeps seeing him rise. Been on the bandwagon for sometime though and personally take him at #3. Regardless we will be getting a top-end talent and that will go a long way. Rossi's #s are absurd and if he can keep it up even though like Lundell being close to being a 2019 draftee decent chance he goes quite high. I like Lundell yet my least favorite of the ten listed for the simple fact I do not see the elite/superstar potential. Have little question he will be a solid-great player however.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
That’s certainly a positive of what happened last season. The difference between Hughes and Turcotte isn’t huge. It looks to be much the same this year, except that the top five or so players this year will all potentially be game-breaking talents. I think any of the top three (Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond) would have gone first overall last year.
Turcotte will be the best player from this draft

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
We are going to walk away with a top 10 pick and one of: Lafrienne, Byfield, Raymond, Stutzle, Askarov, Drysdale, Holtz, Perfetti, Lundell, or Rossi and that is sick. Personally have a big preference for one of the first six listed. Stutzle imo is E. Pettersson in this draft. There is a reason one keeps seeing him rise. Been on the bandwagon for sometime though and personally take him at #3. Regardless we will be getting a top-end talent and that will go a long way. Rossi's #s are absurd and if he can keep it up even though like Lundell being close to being a 2019 draftee decent chance he goes quite high. I like Lundell yet my least favorite of the ten listed for the simple fact I do not see the elite/superstar potential. Have little question he will be a solid-great player however.
I see Byfield + Laf as locks to be first liners, Laf in the mold of a Pastrnak+/Kucherov lite, Byfield in the Eichel/Drasaitl ilk. However, Stutzle to Petterson is so spot on and whoever picks him will be beyond happy with his high skill could act as that game breaking showstopper, while I see Lundell as a Kopitar/Barkov/Bergeron/Point (<-- Point is fav comparison) ice tilter with his two way play. I still say if you really want that BPA though you take Askarov, he will be the next great goalie 100%, and I mean like greater than any goalie this season.

Raymonds not too shabby either lol, should be a good skilled top line winger

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Because we really stink this year again, am I the only one who's absolutely ecstatic about this upcoming draft. Serious because for some odd reason even if we don't end up with the 1st overall I'm actually pretty geeked about who we may end up with. Also the U20 World Championships coming up is going to be just epic. We could possibly have like 5 or 6 kids playing if I'm counting correctly. Turcotte, Kaliyev, Bjornfot, Fagemo, Thomas, Kupari, and of course Lafreniere. ;)

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Because we really stink this year again, am I the only one who's absolutely ecstatic about this upcoming draft. Serious because for some odd reason even if we don't end up with the 1st overall I'm actually pretty geeked about who we may end up with. Also the U20 World Championships coming up is going to be just epic. We could possibly have like 5 or 6 kids playing if I'm counting correctly. Turcotte, Kaliyev, Bjornfot, Fagemo, Thomas, Kupari, and of course Lafreniere. ;)

You can add Nousiainen and Dudas. They will get a close look for sure.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You can add Nousiainen and Dudas. They will get a close look for sure.

Dudas just had an injury Friday. It's questionable if he'll get an invite, based on how soon he'll return.

Pařík will likely get an invite for the Czech Republic, too.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Byfield or Laf for me... go have a look at the way Laf drives around defender today and makes a one handed pass out to the slot. The guy is an absolute bull.

Stuzle being a Pettersson comparable would be a nice grab if he can be similar to EP.

Cole Perfetti would be an interesting piece as well. See him as more of a 2nd line guy but he has a great ability to score.

Hoping somehow GM RB can pull off adding another 1st rounder to the mix.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Lafreniere is going to be a really, really special player. He looks like Forsberg out there sometimes.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
It's Lafraniere then Byfield 1 and 2 for me. Hockey Gods finally gives us a 1st overall I grab one of these boys. After that just try not to draft a bust.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It's Lafraniere then Byfield 1 and 2 for me. Hockey Gods finally gives us a 1st overall I grab one of these boys. After that just try not to draft a bust.

Those are my top 2 as well and I am not sure who I would prefer LA to take. I really like Byfield but every ranking has Lafraniere

I am normally 100% against taking a goalie round 1 but Askarov seems like a stud.

Reactions: ru4reals

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
I expect us to end up in the bottom 5 in the standing and yet somehow draft in the 7th spot , while Vegas misses the playoffs by 2 points and gets the 3rd overall pick. The draft is rigged!:nod:

raw

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What I love about this draft is that I'd be happy with anyone in the top 5 or top 10. I personally think its better than last years. Obviously I want Lafraniere or Byfield, but I'd be perfectly content getting Raymond, Lundell, Askarov, or Rossi.

Reactions: YP44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad